PDA

View Full Version : A salty collector speaks

Darkrai
09-03-2020, 02:17 PM
probably the first ever 'rant' post i have considered posting but the collector in me just had to address this.

At first i was okay with the event, old gears that can still drop but not commonly being used anymore seeing their light return in form of an vanity was honestly an refreshing experience something that i have used in the past is now a vanity truly great. Here comes the but..

I can not agree with bringing back old 'legacy' gear, all these items do not drop anymore and have ever since hold a nice niche collector status. Yes no where is stated that this is a limited-time drop or something the alike and yes ik its a 'few million gold loss' but this isnt about the gold here, for me it is aboit the uniqueness i held with this gear and as a collector it just honestly feels like theres no point collecting anymore, since sts has said they would like to do more events like this.. then what's next? Will my soulhaunt set be butchered? My warlord axes? If everyone is just running around with these then theres no uniqueness left to the gear, then whats the point of even collecting gear if every old piece of gear has the chance of becoming an commonly used vanity..?

Once agian i wanna state im not salty about the gold loss but salty of my unique gear losing it uniqueness

Warriorknown
09-03-2020, 02:25 PM
probably the first ever 'rant' post i have considered posting but the collector in me just had to address this.

At first i was okay with the event, old gears that can still drop but not commonly being used anymore seeing their light return in form of an vanity was honestly an refreshing experience something that i have used in the past is now a vanity truly great. Here comes the but..

I can not agree with bringing back old 'legacy' gear, all these items do not drop anymore and have ever since hold a nice niche collector status. Yes no where is stated that this is a limited-time drop or something the alike and yes ik its a 'few million gold loss' but this isnt about the gold here, for me it is aboit the uniqueness i held with this gear and as a collector it just honestly feels like theres no point collecting anymore, since sts has said they would like to do more events like this.. then what's next? Will my soulhaunt set be butchered? My warlord axes? If everyone is just running around with these then theres no uniqueness left to the gear, then whats the point of even collecting gear if every old piece of gear has the chance of becoming an commonly used vanity..?

Once agian i wanna state im not salty about the gold loss but salty of my unique gear losing it uniqueness

If STS continue down this route in the future a big part of the game will be gone(collecting) and more importantly, players in the game. Hopefully STS can find a way to make both the Loyal Veterans and the Newer players happy as I don’t like the way things are being done either.

Aeot
09-03-2020, 02:33 PM
If STS continue down this route in the future a big part of the game will be gone(collecting) and more importantly, players in the game. Hopefully STS can find a way to make both the Loyal Veterans and the Newer players happy as I don’t like the way things are being done either.You are contradicting yourself lmao.

"players will be gone" "Loyal veterans".

Warriorknown
09-03-2020, 02:38 PM
You are contradicting yourself lmao.

"players will be gone" "Loyal veterans".

Not all players that could potentially leave are veterans, read again.

PostNoob
09-03-2020, 02:38 PM
If these items were untradeable and account bound(you yourself earned it) i could see the issue. At some point the wants of the masses outweighs the wants of the few.

Darkrai
09-03-2020, 02:59 PM
If these items were untradeable and account bound(you yourself earned it) i could see the issue. At some point the wants of the masses outweighs the wants of the few.

Just watch it, all the old legacy gear will be turned into semi common vanitys. Its just that these gears werent considered old enough to be considered truly rare, like the forerunner sets or heraldic (probably miss spelling that one) when those get added as vanitys you will see outcry of how unfair it all is, none of the playerbase seems to consider how this can all change out, heck it won't even suprise me if they will add bb hooks etc into the mix aswell cause technical those are considerd outdated and a vanity and since the masses demand it, it will probably come into the forgotten vanity event as well or something new like a zavier for vanitys

Idk it just feels like that adding those gears last second was really just a last second thought, like old art assets ingame that havent been touched yet by the recoloring that sts loves to do nowadays, i wish sts was a bit more creative like with the AL mario kart was such a fresh breath of air then here run the same event for recolored vanitys and 1 new vanity set.. and dont get me started on how this game is basically vanity legends.. but thats a topic i may dive into another thread if i ever feel like writing an essay

Got slightly of topic but oh well.. what can ya do when the game u used to play as a 13 year old is getting worse and worse as time goes by

Laezeo
09-03-2020, 02:59 PM
As a collector, I completely agree with you, no salt to everyone but honest opinion. However, I do believe Cinco won’t turn vanity items that are no longer obtainable in the game. He already stated that “The Forgotten Vanity Event” are not a to re-releasing EXTREMELY valuable items. Therefore, it just a collection of items that still can be looted in the game which can be turn into vanity and I’m fine with that. I hope you guys all understand :)

Darkrai
09-03-2020, 03:09 PM
As a collector, I completely agree with you, no salt to everyone but honest opinion. However, I do believe Cinco won’t turn vanity items that are no longer obtainable in the game. He already stated that “The Forgotten Vanity Event” are not a to re-releasing EXTREMELY valuable items. Therefore, it just a collection of items that still can be looted in the game which can be turn into vanity and I’m fine with that. I hope you guys all understand :)

Where would you, at this exact time be possible to loot an tsunami blade or dark watch sword? Exactly you cant, sure it isnt as extremely valuable as a banana bow or heralic set but like i said it isn't about the gold, its about the gear losing it uniqueness

Laezeo
09-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Where would you, at this exact time be possible to loot an tsunami blade or dark watch sword? Exactly you cant, sure it isnt as extremely valuable as a banana bow or heralic set but like i said it isn't about the gold, its about the gear losing it uniqueness
Oh I beg your pardon but I’m a sorcerer users. I don’t know much about rogue and warriors but nevertheless I am against of bringing all this valuable items turning them into vanity.

Ps. Pleas no hate :)

Kumsaati
09-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Agree with all, Cinco said that re-release will not include extremely valuable items from past but includes stat items which used to past. Dark Watch Sword was strongest stat weapon till 2020. So, in some way DWS fits with Cinco’s statement also from that we can guess that next re-release items may include expansion sets like Bonechill or Iron(Metal,Commander etc.) sets. Probably Devourer(Red,Blue). I think they should re-release endgame stat items of different expansions since most of them still obtainable there won’t be any problem.

THE GOLDEN KING
09-03-2020, 03:41 PM
In my opinion. TRUE collectors, would value their item(s) no matter what STS did/does. Most “collectors” just buy these great rare items for the investment and nothing more *Key word “Most” and NOT “all”*.

Therefore if you so called “collectors” get outraged and or complain on forums because STS rereleased them in vanity variants of their originality of them being armors, you are not a true collector.

I myself own a frank vest, you could argue it’s not a collectable but it is rare and unique... personally I wouldn’t care if they were to get rereleased, why? Cause on my end I actually do value my item.

But at a last, Cinco has already stated these Rare/Expensive items will NOT return. Therefore this thread was unnecessary, I understand most of you do not want your precious items to come back but money talks...

On a side note, if they do end up bringing these rare items back I would at-least recommend they make them untradable and or recolored/redesigned so the masses don’t get entirely upset. Again this is just my opinion... I respectfully disagree with the OP.

*Also, I’m 100% in agreement with the Vanity Shard concept to turn already existing rare armors into vanities*. Just food for thought Incase STS has any future plans with that nice idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aeot
09-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Not all players that could potentially leave are veterans, read again.The players affected by the event are collectors/veterans. Read again

swoutttt
09-03-2020, 03:56 PM
addig these collectables is just a way to cover up the rlly poor efforts that were put in this event. Creating this event took like 5 minutes max. (4 minutes went to making an elixer to gain money). The sad part is they couldnt add 5 extra minutes to atleast recolour the collectables.

xXxrriottxXX
09-03-2020, 04:02 PM
addig these collectables is just a way to cover up the rlly poor efforts that were put in this event. Creating this event took like 5 minutes max. (4 minutes went to making an elixer to gain money). The sad part is they couldnt add 5 extra minutes to atleast recolour the collectables.

hahaha yeah, i think thinking took like 30 second

Giant bench
09-03-2020, 04:11 PM
If STS continue down this route in the future a big part of the game will be gone(collecting) and more importantly, players in the game. Hopefully STS can find a way to make both the Loyal Veterans and the Newer players happy as I don’t like the way things are being done either.

Collecting is small part of the game. More of a hobby than anything they should bring back tabard again to that people can spend money and buy one

Spell
09-03-2020, 04:11 PM
if it was the money they wanted they could have just made some cool sparkly sparkly aura vanitys and then add a very rare drop ,using a paid lix,for like say a vanity shard or recipe they allows u to craft any gear into a vanity.you know how many people would chase that carrot?

collectors saved these items for YEARS just to have them ruined.
huge slap in the face to the veterans who love this game and love collecting things aswell as people who have WORKED hard to obtain said items

Lawpvp
09-03-2020, 07:40 PM
huge slap in the face

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen somebody use this phrase over pixels i'd be a millionaire

Goldirocks
09-03-2020, 08:04 PM
All I can say is rip collectors. I used to collect old items but I keep it for myself and there is no intension to sell it for millions. And now, the uniqueness and rarity of the items are all gone, together with my interest in this game..
[emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

Giant bench
09-03-2020, 08:06 PM
All I can say is rip collectors. I used to collect old items but I keep it for myself and there is no intension to sell it for millions. And now, the uniqueness and rarity of the items are all gone, together with my interest in this game..
[emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk
Bye bye :(((((

RedeZy
09-03-2020, 11:30 PM
stop complaining. You collect at your own risk, use your common sense. Many other mmo rpg's have the same element, it's just a part of many games in that genre. The lb vanities is a prime example, now if the dev's released the lb vanities again then rant all you want, you collect at your own risk. All collectors should have thought have the idea of the items returning again, but no they don't want to be faced with whats possible.

Lawpvp
09-04-2020, 01:01 AM
stop complaining. You collect at your own risk, use your common sense. Many other mmo rpg's have the same element, it's just a part of many games in that genre. The lb vanities is a prime example, now if the dev's released the lb vanities again then rant all you want, you collect at your own risk. All collectors should have thought have the idea of the items returning again, but no they don't want to be faced with whats possible.

Well said. I agree that a few things shouldn't be rereleased, like lb vanities that were extremely hard to acquire. But legendary items like dark watch swords, tsunami blades, you used to be able to buy those for 200k. There's zero legitimately good reason why stuff like that shouldn't be rereleased. Personally, I hope that the Nordr jewel staffs come back next. That's one of the best looking staffs ever made, it would be lit if those were made into vanities. STS has the opportunity to revitalize the vanity market with events like this. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Darkrai
09-04-2020, 02:45 AM
Well said. I agree that a few things shouldn't be rereleased, like lb vanities that were extremely hard to acquire. But legendary items like dark watch swords, tsunami blades, you used to be able to buy those for 200k. There's zero legitimately good reason why stuff like that shouldn't be rereleased. Personally, I hope that the Nordr jewel staffs come back next. That's one of the best looking staffs ever made, it would be lit if those were made into vanities. STS has the opportunity to revitalize the vanity market with events like this. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Comparing 200k to like 2013-2014 is very wrong, 200k held a different valeu then it does today cause ya know inflation, if we were to compare it like that heralic, was like a common thing way back in the day and held way less valeu, should we compare it like that too? Doesnr make sence but yea i wasnt talking about the gold valeu of it all. You were

Also in my opnion its very wrong to think the only way to be a collector is to collect lb vanitys.. like what thats such an unrealistic thing to even do, the old legendary gear held an unique status and not everything should have limited edition tag in their description and even if they do theres an chance sts will just release it anyway.. did we all forget that they released the spider queen bow twice..? They can on a whim decide what to release and what not and that makes every 'collectable' that isnt atleast forerunner valeu at risk.. so something has to be considerd of extreme valeu to be considerd a collectable but the mid/high tier collectables like the tsunami blades/depraved are just be tossed aside? Also this clearly indicates that sts will probably release all the old gears as vanity expect for the top end.. then whats even the point of startinf to collect if u need like 50m+ as a starting point

Bluez88
09-04-2020, 03:36 AM
This thread is so unnecessary. The fact that collectors are complaining because some unique weapons got turned into vanities is ridiculous. What did you expect honestly? These weapons could return at any time because unlike lb vanities which should and will remain exclusive and not re-released (not talking about re colours) these weapons aren’t exclusive they were drops throughout expansions meaning they are regular items which players desired and due to limited supply they became collectibles.

Well guess what it says NO WHERE and I repeat says no where that these weapons will not be re-released back into the game. Honestly there was never a guarantee that these items would be kept safe and never released again, and you wouldn’t expect a guarantee because they ain’t lb items their regular gear that was available during certain expansions.

Players who thought that items such as these vanity weapons would be kept safe and never released should rethink what they invest their gold into. Because you can’t blame anyone but yourself.

QuaseT
09-04-2020, 03:37 AM
Comparing 200k to like 2013-2014 is very wrong, 200k held a different valeu then it does today cause ya know inflation, if we were to compare it like that heralic, was like a common thing way back in the day and held way less valeu, should we compare it like that too? Doesnr make sence but yea i wasnt talking about the gold valeu of it all. You were

Also in my opnion its very wrong to think the only way to be a collector is to collect lb vanitys.. like what thats such an unrealistic thing to even do, the old legendary gear held an unique status and not everything should have limited edition tag in their description and even if they do theres an chance sts will just release it anyway.. did we all forget that they released the spider queen bow twice..? They can on a whim decide what to release and what not and that makes every 'collectable' that isnt atleast forerunner valeu at risk.. so something has to be considerd of extreme valeu to be considerd a collectable but the mid/high tier collectables like the tsunami blades/depraved are just be tossed aside? Also this clearly indicates that sts will probably release all the old gears as vanity expect for the top end.. then whats even the point of startinf to collect if u need like 50m+ as a starting pointI think he means that there is and was no safety net for collectors items. Sts didnt say they will never release them again while the description of lb items is saying that it is only obtainable in that specific lb, why would people run 2 weeks for an it otherwise.
I would rather keep collectors stuff unreleased but he is right imo. Collector items have always had a risk to get rereleased in some way while lb items got announced as one time opportunity.

Susanne
09-04-2020, 04:22 AM
It's all a waste of time this vanity lark. For instance, years ago I and a few other rogues would look longingly at the Green Arlor, wishing we could afford it. Not, as people here may think because it was out of our reach, it was because it's a really nice looking and classy vanity.
Now some of us have it, it's rarely worn because of the way people react to it. Some have even called it a pile of garbage just because it's accessible now.
I get my vanities mostly from events but only if they look ok.
I don't think vanities should be re-released, I would rather we had new vanities that have the same quality as the "Forgotten” ones and let's be honest, they're not really forgotten judging by the reactions in forums and in-game.
People play AL for different reasons and that's what made it the best. Some play for lb events, some to farm, merch, PvP etc. and some like to collect. I play casually and usually for events but please don't slate the people who like to collect items of rarity. It's just taking something else away from this much loved game.

Darkrai
09-04-2020, 05:11 AM
I think he means that there is and was no safety net for collectors items. Sts didnt say they will never release them again while the description of lb items is saying that it is only obtainable in that specific lb, why would people run 2 weeks for an it otherwise.
I would rather keep collectors stuff unreleased but he is right imo. Collector items have always had a risk to get rereleased in some way while lb items got announced as one time opportunity.

Problem being only thing to expect to be collectable now are lb vanitys according to that logic and sts making an clear biased torwards 'expensive collectables' if you're gonna make collectables in a vanity then go all in or dont do it at all, allowing the really expensive collectables to stay the same while the other part gets screwed over.. and we dont even know what they consider super expensive could be anything. How it all stands now i have no idea what part of collection is basiscly dead and what survives. They could atleast have added some kind of recolor to it, collectables hold their uniqueness and we get a vanity in the same style win win

Spooked
09-04-2020, 06:51 AM
Honestly, and ive said it a few times before, if you really want something unique with a very small chance to ever have it being brought back: get a leaderboard vanity set. And not talking about the old golems because i wouldnt be surprised if they came back, but the new ones.
I honestly dont see these coming back as they were never tradable in the first place.
Its really sad to see old gear being brought back but its also refreshing.
Ive always been someone to shout first come first serve but if an item completely dies out its just a shame.
StS knows best what to do, and be happy this is all they brought back,i can name a dozen worse options.

QuaseT
09-04-2020, 07:20 AM
Honestly, and ive said it a few times before, if you really want something unique with a very small chance to ever have it being brought back: get a leaderboard vanity set. And not talking about the old golems because i wouldnt be surprised if they came back, but the new ones.
I honestly dont see these coming back as they were never tradable in the first place.
Its really sad to see old gear being brought back but its also refreshing.
Ive always been someone to shout first come first serve but if an item completely dies out its just a shame.
StS knows best what to do, and be happy this is all they brought back,i can name a dozen worse options.I would be suprised if tradeable sets come back.

Darkrai
09-04-2020, 07:50 AM
I would be suprised if tradeable sets come back.

It just honestly surprising in order to be a collector u have to get LB sets and no other way.

Spooked
09-04-2020, 08:11 AM
I would be suprised if tradeable sets come back.

They recolored them already, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the extra mile to be quite frankly with you.

Mezderak
02-11-2021, 11:09 PM
They recolored them already, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the extra mile to be quite frankly with you.im a collector from the past present and vampire....DL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Razererxx
02-12-2021, 07:38 AM
You are collector. Nobody made you do it. You have chosen to do it and you have also choosed to buy/earn those certain items. So why are you mad? Are you collecting for sake of just showing off and having high price item or you are collecting because that item is unique to you and you value it no matter what price it is?

Oakmaiden
02-12-2021, 08:08 AM
Collecting pixels, lol.

Spooked
02-12-2021, 10:04 AM
im a collector from the past present and vampire....DL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

*gives you a pat on the back and a calming smile*

Madxnoob
02-12-2021, 03:28 PM
As a Season 1 player, most of you know me as Secretservice. I say bring back heraldic in vanity form and everything. Done got me heated bringing back tsunami blades, captain staff, depraved, ect. Slowly my collection goes to hell. So give me something I don't have and lets kill collecting all together.

almountajn
02-13-2021, 08:30 AM
As a Season 1 player, most of you know me as Secretservice. I say bring back heraldic in vanity form and everything. Done got me heated bringing back tsunami blades, captain staff, depraved, ect. Slowly my collection goes to hell. So give me something I don't have and lets kill collecting all together.I'm afraid that I don't agree with your view. A few people (including me) have in their hands some pretty old and exclusive sets (Heraldic sets of flurry sets and more). I also know some people that own tsunami blades and dark watch swords. Sts might considered bringing these old items back as a vanity version because of the fact that they were good looking weapons. They were like 3 weapons that came back, why shall we sacrifice every single exclusive set that it was from cheap bundles and congratulations for the people that hoarded sets like those for years. I'm definitely sure that if an old set comes back and it's pretty cheap nobody will prefer using it (green arlor for example). I'm totally vertical to this statement.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Alghost
02-13-2021, 10:59 AM
I'm afraid that I don't agree with your view. A few people (including me) have in their hands some pretty old and exclusive sets (Heraldic sets of flurry sets and more). I also know some people that own tsunami blades and dark watch swords. Sts might considered bringing these old items back as a vanity version because of the fact that they were good looking weapons. They were like 3 weapons that came back, why shall we sacrifice every single exclusive set that it was from cheap bundles and congratulations for the people that hoarded sets like those for years. I'm definitely sure that if an old set comes back and it's pretty cheap nobody will prefer using it (green arlor for example). I'm totally vertical to this statement.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Easy money.

Darkrai
02-13-2021, 08:35 PM
You are collector. Nobody made you do it. You have chosen to do it and you have also choosed to buy/earn those certain items. So why are you mad? Are you collecting for sake of just showing off and having high price item or you are collecting because that item is unique to you and you value it no matter what price it is?

Not even gonna respond to this, if you actual start reading my posts in the thread and from other collectors in here you will be able understand my standpoint.

Alghost
02-13-2021, 08:42 PM
Not even gonna respond to this, if you actual start reading my posts in the thread and from other collectors in here you will be able understand my standpoint.

You just responded to him, and you’re a few months late

Darkrai
02-15-2021, 04:28 AM
You just responded to him, and you’re a few months late

... check when he posted and check when i replied, ill wait.

Alghost
02-15-2021, 10:03 AM
... check when he posted and check when i replied, ill wait.

I stand corrected, moron.

Razererxx
02-15-2021, 11:14 AM

Tbh you responded lol. But okay i get ya what you meant.
I understand point of uniquess, i do but what i want to tell you is you are simply valuing those items because they are rare. Now since they arent rare, they immediately lost all speciality. And what my point is, shouldnt you collect items because they have their own value to you? Like basically you said you have them cuz they are rare, and thats it. No actual meaning behind it.
It just means you liked them cuz they were rare, but now since they arent..... now they are just usueless items.

omg_its_Amy
02-17-2021, 02:29 AM
Vanity is vanity, doesn't change the amount of the collectables.
U only get the look and not the rare item. So real collectors would still go for it and i see no problem with it.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

Ilove_Poopoo
02-17-2021, 08:06 AM
Vanity is vanity, doesn't change the amount of the collectables.
U only get the look and not the rare item. So real collectors would still go for it and i see no problem with it.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit TapatalkEssentially carbon copies of the original are released, but It can be worn at any level, over any gear. Thus, everyone has the eye on the vanity version, which voids the point of owning the original item, and so its desirability.

If it were converting it to a vanity via recipe, then theres no problem since quantities are retained.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk