PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Please adjust potion costs.

setec
04-17-2010, 09:56 AM
More of a beg really :)

Without mana, I'm just a guy with a stick. I burn through potions like there is no tomorrow.

This leads me to farm on lower levels for easy gold but gets boring.

Anyway you could take a look and see if it might be possible to even cut the cost in half?

Also, make a 10,000 mana potions for $10 and I'll buy it. :) Could do the same with health. Just a thought.

SMELTN
04-17-2010, 10:08 AM
I would love to see higher level potions at different prices for sure. Like level 1 potions are 35g and restore x amount of stats, then level 5 potions are 55g and restore x amount, and so forth. Same way other MMO's do it.

That way you pay more but end up using a small amount of potions.

KronicDecay
04-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I am in complete agreement. And as a pure heal enchantress it's even hard to farm the lower levels. I would gladly pay $10 for 10000 potions as well

Shinrai
04-17-2010, 10:56 AM
More of a beg really :)

Without mana, I'm just a guy with a stick. I burn through potions like there is no tomorrow.

This leads me to farm on lower levels for easy gold but gets boring.

Anyway you could take a look and see if it might be possible to even cut the cost in half?

Also, make a 10,000 mana potions for $10 and I'll buy it. :) Could do the same with health. Just a thought.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not here to tell you how you should play but I don't agree.
I've been trekking thru the game at a decent pace, i Just hit lv19 and I have an abundant of gold and pots. (approaching 120 mana pots and 10k gold)

I dont play enchanters so I dont know what the deal is, but as a hunter, I rarely run out of mana.

What I've notice so that regen stats in your gear makes a huge difference, on top of that, you really should be hitting "Meditation" every chance you get.

Another thing is that if you are trekking thru higher lv content, it is probably a no brainer that u will need to use more skills fighting the a single mob then if you were hitting +1 or even.

Partying makes a huge difference as well. Not to mention, dungeons goes by at lightening pace and it is so much more fun.

I hope that helps.

As it stands, I dont think pots are overly expensive or gold drop being an issue. (esp after u pass the begining lvs)

While this much not be a solution, there is always the "buy with itune" option.

_ck
04-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I've never had a problem with Health or Mana pots while playing my Archer, but I have to admit when I'm playing m Enchantress I'm using up more mana than I usually get in return (as in gold, pots and items I don't want that I can sell). I certainly wouldn't say that it's ruining me, but I think I was playing the bonus level on Dark Forest and I used up like 40-50 pots of Mana, and since the bonus levels are buggy (?) and give no/little gold/loot/etc. in return, it was just a big loss to play it.

Shebee
04-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Also add a 1-2min cooldown to potions, atm damage/performance is dependable on potions, make mana regen faster, or add somekind of skill to recover mana/hp.
(Sorry if there already is this kind of skill, but I'm not that high yet)

Flamin
04-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I agree with setec.

Splurd
04-17-2010, 03:56 PM
I disagree.

The reason why archers use little potions is that they firstly have meditation, and secondly dont spam alot of skills. Most of their damage output comes from normal attack. My archer is currently running around with 190 mana potions, and I do use them occasionally.

However, alot of enchantresses tend to love to shock and awe. They run in to crowds of monsters, and cast multiple aoe spells to kill everything. This is excellent for clearing monsters, but it is very mana intensive. You dont see warriors or archers clearing monsters that fast.

KronicDecay
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Even healing, buffing, and aoe weakness spells drain all 300+ mana I have in about two turns.

Shinrai
04-18-2010, 12:29 AM
I disagree.

The reason why archers use little potions is that they firstly have meditation, and secondly dont spam alot of skills. Most of their damage output comes from normal attack. My archer is currently running around with 190 mana potions, and I do use them occasionally.

However, alot of enchantresses tend to love to shock and awe. They run in to crowds of monsters, and cast multiple aoe spells to kill everything. This is excellent for clearing monsters, but it is very mana intensive. You dont see warriors or archers clearing monsters that fast.

True but lowering pot cost to nearly nothing would make enchantresses super op'd. Currently there is no cooldown on pots, one could potentially take advantage of low pot cost and solo AOE tank an entire instance by themselves.
I think at this point, it might be a class mechanics problem rather then a consumable costing too much.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 01:55 AM
10k pots for $10 is a tenth of a penny per pot. If it were 1k pot per $10 it'd still be two times cheaper than it currently is right now (assuming you bought gold from the itunes store and then bought pots with it)

setec
04-18-2010, 02:09 AM
If I buy 5000 gold for $4.99 US (let's make this $5 even) then that is 10000 gold for $10. With that I can buy 25 potions times 560 gold, which is 100 for 2240 gold, which is around 446 pots for the 10000 gold. So yes, 1000 pots for $10 would be great as well. I just figured for selling something that is just computer bytes, they could make out at $10 for 10,000 potions. Who wouldn't buy that? At this point, I don't see me buying game gold, however, I would drop the cash for the potions. It was just a thought (a wish!) :)

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 02:11 AM
If I buy 5000 gold for $4.99 US (let's make this $5 even) then that is 10000 gold for $10. With that I can buy 25 potions times 560 gold, which is 100 for 2240 gold, which is around 446 pots for the 10000 gold. So yes, 1000 pots for $10 would be great as well. I just figured for selling something that is just computer bytes, they could make out at $10 for 10,000 potions. Who wouldn't buy that? At this point, I don't see me buying game gold, however, I would drop the cash for the potions. It was just a thought (a wish!) :)

Haha I know what you mean, its just that I doubt the devs would do that, they're not that greedy. Games that become horrible imbalanced because the makers are trying to make a quick buck never last for long, and I doubt thats what they want.

maxvegas
04-18-2010, 02:16 AM
as an archer i do use a massive amount of pots so pls make it cheaper

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 02:18 AM
as an archer i do use a massive amount of pots so pls make it cheaper

Yeah, definitely, pots are quite expensive.

doot
04-18-2010, 03:00 AM
I dont play enchanters so I dont know what the deal is, but as a hunter, I rarely run out of mana.

Try it first, then return with your opinion.

True but lowering pot cost to nearly nothing would make enchantresses super op'd. Currently there is no cooldown on pots, one could potentially take advantage of low pot cost and solo AOE tank an entire instance by themselves.
I think at this point, it might be a class mechanics problem rather then a consumable costing too much.

No one stated "nearly nothing". There is no cooldown on pots. There is a cooldown on spells. Enchantresses use spells more than other classes.

It's different when you've actually run a mage to 25+. I hardly use pots as an archer. I plow through them as a mage. Level a mage to 25+, and let us know what you think then.

Azrael
04-18-2010, 03:08 AM
I am very suprised that so many of you want to find a way to be able to spam thousands of potions by paying for them rather than wanting the game mechanics to be changed so that the game doesn't require spaming potions. Quite frankly the potion system is undermining the rpg tank and healer roles while simultaneously making the game somewhat dull at times. Potions should be on a 3 second cooldown, characters should have more health, and skills such as enchantress heal and warrior restore should play a more significant role in the game.

This game needs to make it's money off of content and not thousands of potion purchases if it wants to continue to develop into the great rpg it has the potential to be.

tubbies
04-18-2010, 03:28 AM
I am very suprised that so many of you want to find a way to be able to spam thousands of potions by paying for them rather than wanting the game mechanics to be changed so that the game doesn't require spaming potions. Quite frankly the potion system is undermining the rpg tank and healer roles while simultaneously making the game somewhat dull at times. Potions should be on a 3 second cooldown, characters should have more health, and skills such as enchantress heal and warrior restore should play a more significant role in the game.

This game needs to make it's money off of content and not thousands of potion purchase if it wants to continue to develope into the great rpg it has the potential to be.

Agreed. Why'd anybody need a tank or a healer when they can just spam pots? Everybody can just be dps spec'd and plow through dungeons by themselves.

Shinrai
04-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Try it first, then return with your opinion.

No one stated "nearly nothing". There is no cooldown on pots. There is a cooldown on spells. Enchantresses use spells more than other classes.

It's different when you've actually run a mage to 25+. I hardly use pots as an archer. I plow through them as a mage. Level a mage to 25+, and let us know what you think then.

Because you don't understand where the problem lies. Read the post above mine.

maxvegas
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
cough..cough... mobs droping pots .... that would be sweet

Shinrai
04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
haven't figure how it works but I pot does drop every so often, it just doesnt prompt u that it as been added to you stash.

_ck
04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
cough..cough... mobs droping pots .... that would be sweet

Mobs do drop pots, as do chests. Not always, but similar to gold. At least playing solo on a really easy level where I needn't use any pots I can see that I'm getting pots sometimes after killing a mob.

darrensmith016
04-19-2010, 12:25 PM
maybe soon there will be a trade to be able to make potions... lol and undercut spacetime lol in the aution

Shebee
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Im still for adding out of combat regen abilities and reduced mana costs, with a cd on potions, making them that "that was a close one" situation saver

Splurd
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Im still for adding out of combat regen abilities and reduced mana costs, with a cd on potions, making them that "that was a close one" situation saver

personally, I experience too many "that was a close one" situations already.

KronicDecay
04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Try running in level 30 games and being the one and only healer and you'll go through atleast a hundred potions by the end of 6 levels. There goes a quick $5 for 5000 gold on pots

Shebee
04-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Wouldnt you prefer potions to be for those xertain occasions rather than having out of combat regen drinks of some sort for instance.
And have abilities that recover mana with a cooldown.
Like every other successful mmo has it done?
Theres no real big mmo where you can spam potions, doesnt that speak for themselves?

Jusy think about ko, dragonica, legend of ares, heroes you name it...
Now think of games like wow aoc aion and the lost goes on.
I have played all of these games and you can think for yourself why those games never make it big.

Honestly though whats your opinion? Prefer potion spamming and wasting ingame gold for potions only, or have mana problems taken care with lower mana costs, skills that regen mana or recover a portion instantly (would also make the game more interesting to know when to use hese abilities) some sort of way to regen hp/mana fast while just sitting there, this combined with wise potion usage (say 30sec cooldown or so).
Tell me your opinion.