PDA

View Full Version : Legendary (pink) items help

Back
03-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Hello everyone. I was playing PL for a while, I go by Oyeonac in there Lv. 31 Enchantress. Although I'm quite familiar with the strategies and techniques of playing the game, I'm still a newbie to the whole "Legendary item drop" thing.. What does it mean? I just go in there and get the job done and buy legendary items from Balefort Castle but this however is not the best way. I mean, if I can simply kill a boss and get good items why bother buying them? Now I just want want to ask the exact procedure to collecting the dropped item.

Fao
03-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Legendary items are almost always dropped from bosses, but they are the rarest drops ever, so it makes them hard to loot from the boss and that much more expensive!

Back
03-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Can you please explain the "drop" thing more specifically? Do I need to stand close to the boss to get it or it doesn't matter how close or far I'm?

Darkfader
03-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Can you please explain the "drop" thing more specifically? Do I need to stand close to the boss to get it or it doesn't matter how close or far I'm?

No matter where you stand.
When boss is killed, every player gets random possibility to loot common,uncommon,rare, or legendary items. It's up to luck by then what you loot.

slaveleia
03-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Sometimes it's easier to pile up the gold to buy stuff than hoping for a lucky drop. Some items almost never drop! The CS is like the eBay of PL......shadow caves, Nuris ugh!!!

Coltona
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Well distance does matter, i mean you can't be all the way across the map and get something, you have to be in the vicinity of the boss when he dies. I'd say close enough he's atleast on ur screen.

Conradin
03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Heres the facts: drops are 100% random. Your droll rolls, and you get that random item. The really good pinks are dropped from bosses 99% of the time. You have to be near the boss, in the room usually when its killedto get a drop. Everyone in the party gets a drop and nothing you do (besides luck potions) can raise your chances. Not all bosses drop the same pinks, so if you want a certain one try and find out what boss drops it. On aome items lvl matters because if your 51 in balefort sewers you'll loot lvl 51 gear, but most thinfs that doesnt matter. Hope this helps.

Swimmingstar
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I find if you aggro the boss sometimes you get better drops.

Cake
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Heres another fact: It takes me at least 1 hour for one pink drop

Conradin
03-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Heres another fact: It takes me at least 1 hour for one pink drop

Well it depends on the area- like green ice pinks have a super low drop rate while frozen nigtmares pinks drop easily

Swimmingstar thats not right- drops are 100% random.

Swimmingstar
03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Well it depends on the area- like green ice pinks have a super low drop rate while frozen nigtmares pinks drop easily

Swimmingstar thats not right- drops are 100% random.
I know it's random but it seems like that sometimes.

Suentous PO
03-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Might be of interest to know Lwmark has a guide stickied, where folks can/have logged what items drop from what map/boss. In case your looking for a specific one. Or just plug in the item name into the search window. Sometimes I find it's quicker just to ask something here in forums, there are a LOT of knowledgable vets willing to help.
-sue

blahggart
03-11-2012, 06:05 PM
theres a TON of pinks in AO3. just go through there a buncha times. one run through plasma pyramid got me multiple pinks

Twinklaser
03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Skellar Cruch has a boatload of bs plinks.

Cahaun
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Skellar Cruch has a boatload of bs plinks.
The wands are super powerful there in Skeller Crunch's Revenge