PDA

View Full Version : Hang in there, Devs!!!

Snakespeare
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
This is a Dev Appreciation thread. Please whine elsewhere. There are lots of whining thread. Please help us keep this postive. We do love our devs!!!

Dear Devs,

Thank you all very much for the 1.3 update! I bet you were shocked at the negative reactions that came on so strongly yesterday. Just remember that people are reacting to their own conditions, not to your work. Your work on this was clearly intense and detailed. This is the right direction for your product.

I imagine you all had to put in long hours to get this thing out. And perhaps you were hoping that it would be a major hit with the users. It will be a hit, just give it time.

We older users aren't your target. Remember that. We are already customers. Your target is the newbies. So you have to take what we are saying with a grain of salt. You're a business. You have to sell your product in order to feed your kids. I have spent a total of $15 on this game (any time spent was done for fun). I am not likely to spend money again for a while. Your target is the people who download the free levels and then choose to pay to play the higher levels. What you created with 1.3 will certainly do this. The quests, the combined townes, the capability to modify character gear, will all make the game more appealling to newbies.

Yes, there are things to iron out, but there will always be things to iron out. Thank goodness for that, because it is good to have work.

Just hang in there! The new direction is fundamentally good.

And please remember that, despite our whining, we really do appreciate you all. You're the best! Go devs!

Cascade
08-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Another suck up thread....Yayyyy.....We love you devs great job on the update some things need fixings of course but in time it will get better :D

tjornan
08-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Another suck up thread....Yayyyy.....

same thing came up in my mind. anyway, really nice job devs

cry
08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Ay,ay,ay? Sheesh, lols.

Grandduke
08-06-2010, 12:21 PM
lol sweet i agree with trojin

tjornan
08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
lol sweet i agree with trojin

well then. glad to see ppl are finally spelling my name right

Grandduke
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
lol srry only looked once

well then. glad to see ppl are finally spelling my name right

Snakespeare
08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Cynicism is a path that leads to unhappiness. There are many threads for you guys to be cynical in. You know we love our devs. Drop your guard and tell them so, just once. Nobody will think you are girlish for being nice, except for the people you don't want for friends anyway. C'mon. Don't live in fear of other people's judgements. Man up! Our devs could use some encouragement! You know they always give us what we want. Does it cost so much to say thank you???

Samhayne
08-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks Snakespeare for the kindly thoughts. We appreciate it!

As for the other thoughts - well, we'll save that for those other threads ;-)

tjornan
08-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Im not being cynical. i completely believe that this is a good thread. lol dude. we all know that its ok to be nice. anyway, ill stop flaming the thread.
Great job devs!

jonboy
08-08-2010, 05:38 PM
spreading the love.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/boganslaw/hang_in_there_kitty.jpg

King Kamehameha
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
It's not the devs fault that everything isn't correct to others they try their best to fix any problems only to find more that's why they make updates and you may think this is a "suck up thread" but at least he's bringing support to the devs in hope the game will be better than it is so everyone will enjoy it and so they don't lose faith and if you think that updates aren't good then make your own mmo app see how it turns out

Keep up the not good work but brilliant work devs ;)

kavanah
08-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I appreciate you dev's! Keep up the good work, and thanks for actually USING some of our feedback!

Vynnr
08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I love how the devs update so often.
It's pretty cool.