PDA

View Full Version : TouchGen takes Dark Legends for a Test Drive at GDC 2012

Samhayne
03-12-2012, 02:05 PM
7097 (http://www.touchgen.net/gdc-dark-legends-hands-on)

TouchGen.com writer Matt Dunn gets a chance to play upcoming Dark Legends at the recent Game Developer's Conference. Matt is an old pro playing Pocket Legends and Star Legends and he contrasts the new game to what has come before. Here is a clip from the article:

One of my biggest crituiqes of Star Legends was that, despite various new features, it ultimately felt like a re-skinning of Pocket Legends. While Dark Legends may still have that feel in some respects (which isn’t a terrible thing considering the Legends series have always been solid games), Spacetime has really put an adult spin on things this time around, and even added in new features to spice up the combat. The first change you’ll notice is the more realistically modeled characters and the scanty attire that “covers” them. This ain’t so much Twighlight as it is True Blood! Speaking of clothes, DL does away with any sort of armor stats, turning all the wearable drops in the game into vanity items. They want to focus more on character customization, rather than being forced to wear certain items for specific stat bonuses. Stat-based weapons and “shards” will instead come into play to buff your character’s abilities.

Click here to read the full article on TouchGen.com (http://www.touchgen.net/gdc-dark-legends-hands-on)

worldpeace
03-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Dark Legends will be released on the Kindle Fire in a couple weeks, then will be made available on Android devices and Chrome web browsers soon after.

From the looks of it "march 15" is a false date ^__^ just gonna have to wait and see

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

Popular
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
which means DL will come soon? Q.Q

octavos
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM

Something... I hope. im ( Exhausted) of seeing when is dl released posts...."Guess some want to see it here faster then others" Lol

Edit*
Didn't mean to sound rude... but im sure pl ppl felt the same when sl was announced ;)

Ardon
03-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Something... I hope. in tired of seeing when is dl released posts. Lol

Same. Very tired of all these articles with slight differences in them. And the same screenshots.

Skeletonlord
03-12-2012, 03:09 PM

Well, i think that was an estimate. I think the 15th will be the start of the "Kindle Fire" exclusive for 2 weeks, then closely followed by the ios version. Well that is what i am gathering

Samhayne
03-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I can understand the frustration in that they are all kinda saying the same thing. They are all reporting on the same game they all saw last week at GDC.

However, there are little snippets that are different as each writer latches on to something a bit different to report on. If you're just wanting the game to get here, well there's still a little bit to go. Thanks for your patience and your support!

octavos
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
If you're just wanting the game to get here, well there's still a little bit to go. Thanks for your patience and your support!
Yes sir, :tranquillity: A good pass time for those folks is fresh air..... because when DL is released many wont see the light of day lol.
(they will literally turn into a Vamp :vlol:)

Commanderkeen
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes sir, :tranquillity: A good pass time for those folks is fresh air..... because when DL is released many wont see the light of day lol.
(they will literally turn into a Vamp :vlol:)

Lol ikr

ArtStar
03-13-2012, 01:51 AM
I can understand the frustration in that they are all kinda saying the same thing. They are all reporting on the same game they all saw last week at GDC.

However, there are little snippets that are different as each writer latches on to something a bit different to report on. If you're just wanting the game to get here, well there's still a little bit to go. Thanks for your patience and your support!

Yeah ha ha I like reading all these snippets to keep my news up to date. They may not be a lot much more to go on but new, different, or any kind of info we havent seen yet is still nice to see so tyvm.
Trying my best here to be patient!
Lolol

LordEspe
03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Didn't mean to sound rude... but im sure pl ppl felt the same when sl was announced ;)

That is exactly what happened!! :)

octavos
03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
That is exactly what happened!! :)
Lol, well i wasn't here for PL...i was a late (PL) bloomer lol....Well now that were all on the same page....CANT WAIT FOR DL!!!!

stophatin
03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Are there gonna be different classes? Warewoles, vampires, and zombies

Vhigdo
03-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Are there gonna be different classes? Warewoles, vampires, and zombies

No, in Dark Legends we are all Vampires, you choose what type of Vamp you want to be through your skill tree as the game progresses. Zombies, Werewolves, and other monstrosities are all going to be enemies that are conjured up by the main enemy of humans.

ArtStar
03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Yup vampire hybrids are the only class.
All customization.

Phoenixking
03-23-2012, 02:50 PM
DONT START RUMORS...lol just kidding, but im very excited now that theres a skill tree i want to figure out whatss the branches this deeply got my attention

Zerious
03-24-2012, 03:04 PM
how to win: hybrid vampire, full damage and life-steal, crits are good, burst down opponents.... now for pvp which is possibly non-existent, I just wanna be the first with a guild before it comes out, because, ya know, I'm such a hipster.