PDA

View Full Version : Slide-to-Play Hands on Preview: Dark Legends - A Lot Darker and More Mature

Samhayne
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
7104 (http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/dark-legends-hands-on-preview)

Slide to Play writer Andrew Podolsky recently got his hands on Dark Legends at the Game Developer's Conference and remarks that the game is a lot darker and more mature. Here's a clip:

Combat felt much better--and gorier-- than in Pocket Legends. You can now press down to charge your vampire's main attacks and magic spells, which adds a bit more depth. You can also use cool dark magic abilities, like summoning a swarm of rats to nibble at your enemies, or exploding their guts with a burst of blood.

The characters in the game are more proportional, which lends the game a slightly more realistic look. We were reminded of the Bloodrayne series due to the more violent, mature visual style. Also like in Bloodrayne, you can occasionally leap onto an enemy to drain them of blood, which refills your combination magic and health pool.

Click here to read the full article on Slide to Play (http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/dark-legends-hands-on-preview)

Skeletonlord
03-12-2012, 03:07 PM
"Dark Legends will launch in the next few months, and it'll be a Kindle Fire exclusive for two weeks. After that, the iOS version will be submitted to Apple for approval."

Would that mean that Dark Legends for ios will be out early April/mid April?

That is what that statement is suggesting.

ArtStar
03-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Yayy, I was hoping to see more elaborate skills like that.
(last sentence first paragraph)

worldpeace
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
The game is gonna be awesome.. But something still puzzles me...... The pvp. Mana and health in the same pot? so u can't spam cause if u spam ur Mana will go down just as ur health, so u can be merking someone but u use so much skills that ur "vampire meter" is now super low which leads to a one hit k.o. Or if your getting hurt and ur health is low but u can't guard ur self cause if u use a skill it will lower ur health even more and u will kill ur self lol, I can't see how this will work fairly? o.O I'm soo confused....
just base it on the Mana shield used in pocket legends, If mages use the Mana shield they can't spam no more cause it will lead to a) Mana shield getting destroyed or b) death
~ wp(worldpeace) ~

Vhigdo
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
I remember reading an article that said something about they were making pvp more objective type games. One example it had was one team playing zombies or humans and the other vampires, and they have to keep the vampires at bay by opening windows up and letting in the sun. That's just one example.

Then in normal matches I'm sure if you spam your spells on another person they will lose way more health than the health you will lose by casting those spells. Then after you killed the person you would be able to use that skull meter to feed on someone and regenerate yourself.

I'm just going off of what I've read though, but I'm sure it'll all work out.

ArtStar
03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
They obviously aren't trying to leave any loose ends.
So I am sure the 'blood pool' will feel the same as health/mana with a challenging twist.
Just wait and see.

Eyesharp
03-14-2012, 06:55 PM
To be Honoest dark legends doesn't look as good at star legends or pocket legends. Also I really hope dark legends will be at least like star legends with interactions and looks.

ArtStar
03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
To be Honoest dark legends doesn't look as good at star legends or pocket legends. Also I really hope dark legends will be at least like star legends with interactions and looks.

Only time will tell. Ha ha they put PL/SL's new lvl caps on hold for this so it has to be pretty good.

Coltona
03-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Magic and hp power are one..your life force powers your skills and keeps you alive...i love it.
Plus that chick is like definitely promotional, lol like nothing before.

Coltona
03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Thumbs up if you actually tried to slide the link lol

Eyesharp
03-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Only time will tell. Ha ha they put PL/SL's new lvl caps on hold for this so it has to be pretty good.

Lol only time will tell? You defiantly stole that :p but anyway guess I'll try it And hope their will be epic transformation and epic vanities :D

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Lol only time will tell? You defiantly stole that :p but anyway guess I'll try it And hope their will be epic transformation and epic vanities :D

What, from where?
It is a common saying.
And who did I defy?

defiantly stole that

Zerious
03-24-2012, 03:09 PM
charge-up attacks?.... Pvp is gonna be awesome.....

ArtStar
03-24-2012, 03:17 PM
charge-up attacks?.... Pvp is gonna be awesome.....

The whole game and experience should be awesome.
I am not expecting a lot in DL to be like SL or PL lol.

Xettacross
04-07-2012, 10:23 PM
I hope dl turns out good. I didn't like how in sl the only wep choice is ranged weps. And sl's lack of dual speccing your char. They could'be put in some melee type weps like energy swords or super charged gloves with stun or somthing imo. I look forward to trying out dl but I feel I won't be playing it as much as I play pl :)

Xettacross
04-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Could've* freakin auto -.-