PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Client 1.1.2 Has Been Released!

Samhayne
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM

We have released a new Star Legends game client, version 1.1.2 that includes the following changes:

Gravity Well and Transference now function correctly in PvP settings
Users now have the option to watch video ads to earn free Platinum.
Take Revenge! If you die, you have the option to purchase a 15-second invulnerability buff
Fixed pause when a character enters a PvP match
Added Inspect Page tab similar to Pocket Legends. Users can change the background color (default, gray, green, orange, pink, purple, red, yellow); change the background to both the attributes and stats tab (default, blue tech, dark framed, orange tech, shadow, window, none); remove (hide) options (arena stats, dungeon stats, quest stats, CTF stats, attributes). For more details about this new feature, please visit: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52687-Details-of-Inspect-Page-Feature-added-with-Version-1-1-2
You can now remove purchased elixirs from the Elixir management page
The game now waits for a period of time (in days) before displaying ads

For Android users, you can grab the updated version from Google Play or you can always get the .APK file for our apps at http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download/ or via the link in the Android forum at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32473-StarLegends.apk-now-available-for-those-without-market-access.

It may take a while for the application to be available in the App Store & Android Marketplace. The old 1.1.1 version of Star Legends will be shut down later today.

Skeletonlord
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Sam, your title is wrong. It is 1.1.2, you said 1.7.6

markymarx
03-13-2012, 02:15 PM
What do you mean remove purchased elixirs, and why would this be useful ?

flashbackflip
03-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Guys, thanx for update! It's generally cool!

But the layout is broken on iPad 1: stims overlays with 'selling' button + guild name not hid

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/flashbackflip/Star%20Legends%20related/IMG_0685.png

And personally, i hate new speech bubble..

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/flashbackflip/Star%20Legends%20related/IMG_0686.png

Feke
03-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Thank You for putting in the option I (and few others too)was asking for for long time!! ;)

Feke
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
What if I remove the enhancer? 'Cause I have two 30 min unused enhancer at one of my character for months..

Qqqxxxzzz
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Users now have the option to watch video ads to earn free Platinum.

Android doesn't have.http://img.tapatalk.com/c1401638-a7e4-2892.jpg

Sent from my u8800 using Tapatalk

Ardon
03-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Whenever I click the "download other apps" button I get this

http://img.tapatalk.com/47df3ecb-a843-8633.jpg

Qqqxxxzzz
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Whenever I click the "download other apps" button I get this

http://img.tapatalk.com/47df3ecb-a843-8633.jpg

you use adblocker app?
I don't have problems with tapjoy.

Ardon
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
you use adblocker app?
I don't have problems with tapjoy.

I use adaway.

Gonna disable it and see if that works

Edit: Yeah that fixed it. Thanks for the info

Qqqxxxzzz
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
I use adaway.

Gonna disable it and see if that works

Edit: Yeah that fixed it. Thanks for the info

I use adfree android and had same problem.

Samhayne
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
The video ads are limited by a number of factors through the company who provides the ads. Things like region (the ads could be specific to the US, if you're abroad there may not be ads available for your region) can affect it.

Also, the video ads stream in the background, so if you fire up the app and go immediately to try and watch a video ad, it may not be ready to display.

flashbackflip
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
The video ads are limited by a number of factors through the company who provides the ads. Things like region (the ads could be specific to the US, if you're abroad there may not be ads available for your region) can affect it.

Also, the video ads stream in the background, so if you fire up the app and go immediately to try and watch a video ad, it may not be ready to display.

What about UI overlays? Should i repost in bug-thread?

Feke
03-13-2012, 04:01 PM
The 5 Plat Revenge Revive is fake! It says I'll get invulnerability for 15 seconds.. After 2 seconds my character have been killed again. Waste of platinums.

ArtStar
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I absolutely love that you guys fixed the stats on avatar page.
My kills no longer overlap my arena stats.
And I LOVE the custom avatar pages like they have in pl.
Just one question, where the heck are these videos?
I cant buy plat right now but i REALLY wanna customize my page.

Ardon
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I absolutely love that you guys fixed the stats on avatar page.
My kills no longer overlap my arena stats.
And I LOVE the custom avatar pages like they have in pl.
Just one question, where the heck are these videos?
I cant buy plat right now but i REALLY wanna customize my page.

I haven't found where these vids are either lol probably a bug
Just download some apps. The customization page is only 2plat

Ryeley
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
I love the new stuff but where are the vids?

flashbackflip
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
I saw 1 vid. Got 1 plat. Video was about an app. With ability to download or skip it. I guess it's only one a day?

asommers
03-13-2012, 07:00 PM
The 5 Plat Revenge Revive is fake! It says I'll get invulnerability for 15 seconds.. After 2 seconds my character have been killed again. Waste of platinums.

Can I get more information on what you did to cause this to happen? What were you doing?

-ALS

Mitchturbo
03-13-2012, 07:25 PM
People are complaining about the beeping noices. Beep Beep.

Ardon
03-13-2012, 07:30 PM
People are complaining about the beeping noices. Beep Beep.

It's so dam annoying lol
Wish there was a "disabled chat beep" button

ArtStar
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Why are people calling it a beep? It is like a little clicking noise x)

And sooooo.
Now the options for videos are up but it is showing this for everyone:

-The video is currently loading or you have reached your maximum views.

And yes we waited like over 15 minutes for it to 'load in the background.'

Np though just thought id point it out.

Gluttony
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Added Inspect Page tab similar to PL, one can change the background color (default, gray, green, orange, pink, purple, red, yellow); change the BG to both the attributes and stats tab (default, blue tech, dark framed, orange tech, shadow, window, none); remove (hide) options (arena stats, dungeon stats, quest stats, CTF stats, attributes).

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5950/img1486.png

Did I miss this in the patch notes?

Mitchturbo
03-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Why are people calling it a beep? It is like a little clicking noise x)

I personally wouldn't know, cuz i never have the sound on anyway... But beep, blip or click.
It's driving some of my friends nuts XD

Feke
03-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Can I get more information on what you did to cause this to happen? What were you doing?

-ALS

Hi! I was on Voleria 4TH lvl with my Engineer Anger, and when it was killed by a bunch f enemies I bought that Revenge revive and after my character respawned in the middle of that bunch and I started to shoot the enemies, no health drain in the first seconds,but a sniper killed the character immediately. So immortality doesn't works against snipers.

Samhayne
03-14-2012, 11:24 AM

But the layout is broken on iPad 1: stims overlays with 'selling' button + guild name not hid

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/flashbackflip/Star%20Legends%20related/IMG_0685.png

And personally, i hate new speech bubble..

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k150/flashbackflip/Star%20Legends%20related/IMG_0686.png

Hey Flashback flip,

Thanks for the input on the guild overlay bug, I think that's fixed (or will be with the next patch).

Regarding the speech bubble, we went looking and the consensus is that the chat bubble didn't change. It's possible that your client data might have been a bit wonky (if you had patched and not restarted the app, that can happen). If you have other screenshots of a malformed speech bubble, please post them. Thanks!

octavos
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
snipers.

Snipers = no matter if you got god mode, they will still find ya lol.

Samhayne
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Added Inspect Page tab similar to PL, one can change the background color (default, gray, green, orange, pink, purple, red, yellow); change the BG to both the attributes and stats tab (default, blue tech, dark framed, orange tech, shadow, window, none); remove (hide) options (arena stats, dungeon stats, quest stats, CTF stats, attributes).

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5950/img1486.png

Did I miss this in the patch notes?

Yes, it did get missed for the patch notes. I'll update it now. See, we're always working to cram in more goodness and we didn't even know it :D

Samhayne
03-14-2012, 11:31 AM
I personally wouldn't know, cuz i never have the sound on anyway... But beep, blip or click.
It's driving some of my friends nuts XD

The sound volume of that sound effect is too high. The next patch will be pulling it back down to reduce its annoyance factor.

Mitchturbo
03-14-2012, 01:33 PM
The sound volume of that sound effect is too high. The next patch will be pulling it back down to reduce its annoyance factor.

Thanks Sam, I think everyone will be relieved by that! your a star! "Legend"

Feke
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Snipers = no matter if you got god mode, they will still find ya lol.
For 5 Platinums/2sec. ? Then I'd rather respawn at entrance for free.

Chloe
03-14-2012, 04:41 PM

Sam, (first of all, hi! new to forums, love the game, play it waaay too much :) )

I'm looking forward to the chat sound effect being reduced, however, may I ask what problem is being solved by having the sound effect at all? I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'd rather not have it at all. Perhaps you could install an option to disable it? Or remove it altogether? This patch is great overall, please don't mistake my whiny-ness for ungratefulness - I just really....really....can't handle the beeping lol!

Chloe
03-14-2012, 04:45 PM

I have the exact same layout issue on Chrome. The stim pack issue is the same, the guild tag issue is the same.

Also, I'd like to go ahead and complain about something else: I do not having as much money as Flip does. :vcry:

ArtStar
03-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I cannot believe people are flipping out focusing on this beeping issue.
It isnt even an issue, turn your sound off until they tinker with it some more.

An ACTUAL issue is we cannot watch the videos we are suppose to,
Also I tried a dozen free plat app downloads as well and did nothing but put useless junk on my tablet.
All I want is 2plat lol.
This is very frustrstrating, and I think the focus should be on that instead of this beeping thing.

Mitchturbo
03-14-2012, 05:06 PM

Also I tried a dozen free plat app downloads as well and did nothing but put useless junk on my tablet.
All I want is 2plat lol.
This is very frustrstrating, and I think the focus should be on that instead of this beeping thing.

I'm just trying to keep the peace :-) Hope they fix the videos for you Artstar <3

Chloe
03-14-2012, 05:20 PM

All I want is 2plat lol.

Hi Art, nice to meet you. I'm new to the forums and love the game.

I'm a little bothered by your post. It seems you're judging my posting of a clicking/beeping issue as 'flipping out' and that it's not an "actual" issue. It seems you also suggest turning the sound off as a temporary solution.

First of all, I imagine all "gripes" are considered valid. I don't believe my "gripe" to be of any more value than yours - and I would hope to receive the same courtesy. I consider the sound-effect-text-beeping to be annoying - Very annoying - to the point where i did, in fact, do as you suggested, and turn the sound off.

The problem with turning the sound off is that you lose many other aspects of the game. A couple of big ones: You can't hear mines go up, and you can't hear snipers start the targeting, nor when they lock on. So, I started dying more.... Well, that's not a soultion I really liked that much.

So let's agree to simply state our issues in a mature manner?

Thanks! And again, nice to meet you.

Ardon
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM

I'm a little bothered by your post. It seems you're judging my posting of a clicking/beeping issue as 'flipping out' and that it's not an "actual" issue. It seems you also suggest turning the sound off as a temporary solution.

First of all, I imagine all "gripes" are considered valid. I don't believe my "gripe" to be of any more value than yours - and I would hope to receive the same courtesy. I consider the sound-effect-text-beeping to be annoying - Very annoying - to the point where i did, in fact, do as you suggested, and turn the sound off.

The problem with turning the sound off is that you lose many other aspects of the game. A couple of big ones: You can't hear mines go up, and you can't hear snipers start the targeting, nor when they lock on. So, I started dying more.... Well, that's not a soultion I really liked that much.

She's not really directing it to you. There have been lots of posts about it, including mine. And I'm pretty sure there has been alot of complaints in game about it.

Same as with the "WHEN IS DL RELEASED!??" threads. You sort of get tired of topics and it gets annoying after a while.

ArtStar
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM

Like Ardon said, I wasn't directing that at you but to all the comments made on the beeping thing.
Dont troll me.

it is not a huge issue, and like they said they are obviously working on it.
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

octavos
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Woosah - Pronounceation of meditative breaths used to reduce anxiety with the intention of eliminating anger or frustration

Please let it go ppl :p
Repeat after me Woosah

Ardon
03-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Like Ardon said, I wasn't directing that at you but to all the comments made on the beeping thing.
Dont troll me.

And stop getting butt hurt about the beep, it is not a huge issue, and like they said they are obviously working on it.

*BEEP*

:p

ArtStar
03-14-2012, 07:00 PM
*BEEP*

:p

Lolol<3

P.s.
There is no anger in anything i am saying, I am not mat at anyone.
Ha ha I am just saying it is a bit ridiculous.
Ive already let it go no worries.

Chloe
03-14-2012, 08:21 PM
And stop getting butt hurt about the beep, it is not a huge issue, and like they said they are obviously working on it.

Reported for inappropriate language and the abusive nature of the post.

Fortress
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I like the updates and all but the new client made the app too big for my phone now. At first I tried updating but that didn't work, then I deleted and reinstalled it and that's where it told me the MBs were too big. And this disappoints me, because I have a toon (unregistered) on there and I might not be able to play on it again. Is there a way to get a more complex SD card.. or set up wi-fi? My phone is an lg optimus if that helps.

Samhayne
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Whoa gang, we're all friends here, right?

Thanks for keeping it friendly :)

As for the annoying BEEP BEEP, it will be fixed in the next patch. We were getting set to patch this afternoon, but something came up that pushed it. Probably fixed tomorrow along with St. Patrick's Day Big Luck fun :)

Samhayne
03-14-2012, 08:52 PM
I like the updates and all but the new client made the app too big for my phone now. At first I tried updating but that didn't work, then I deleted and reinstalled it and that's where it told me the MBs were too big. And this disappoints me, because I have a toon (unregistered) on there and I might not be able to play on it again. Is there a way to get a more complex SD card.. or set up wi-fi? My phone is an lg optimus if that helps.

Hey Fortress,

Check out this article for help installing to the SD card. Our Support Team can always help you too (especially if you need help registering your account). Here is the link: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

Mitchturbo
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Oooh St. Patricks Day fun! ^_^ Omg! This game gets better and better!!

ArtStar
03-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Reported for inappropriate language and the abusive nature of the post.

Tyvm<3

ArtStar
03-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Whoa gang, we're all friends here, right?

Thanks for keeping it friendly :)

As for the annoying BEEP BEEP, it will be fixed in the next patch. We were getting set to patch this afternoon, but something came up that pushed it. Probably fixed tomorrow along with St. Patrick's Day Big Luck fun :)

Oo00oo00oo00oo00oo000ooo
St. Pattys fun?
Sounds good.

Fortress
03-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Hey Fortress,

Check out this article for help installing to the SD card. Our Support Team can always help you too (especially if you need help registering your account). Here is the link: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

Edit: It worked!