PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to STS about Dark Legends

Silentarrow
03-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Hello STS and those who are reading this! Long time no see!

So STS, truth is, you guys lost me! You guys completely turned me off as PL and SL became a "P2P dominated game". Now I know tons of your customers don't want this to happen in Dark Legends, your next title. Here are some of my reccomendations on how you guys can make Dark Legends a game that we all can enjoy but still roll in money for you guys.

• First things first, switch back to Pocket Legends gold system, the kill/credit ratio was a little absurd, Pay to play players dominated gear wise because of this. If you guys choose not to do this, please increase the amount of platinum to gold ratio, just make the game fair.

• Secondly, I'd prefer it if you guys let us have the pocket legends skill wheel back instead of Star Legends. It is much easier for casual players to play that way, I found that in SL many players would only use the four skills on their first page because they were too lazy, or didn't know how to flip the pages.

• Thirdly, don't make a high quality platinum set! That was a total turn off! I think the best Platinum set should be slightly worse than the best dropped purple set by at least 5%.

• Regarding luck enhancers... Get those out of the game, NOW! Total turn off, made me quit. I suggest you guys nerf that enhancer to the way it used to be,

• Don't allow set bonuses in PvP. A turn off for new players, new players have a huge disadvantage with that set bonus.

• Put skill trees into the game. Currently in Pocket Legends and Star Legends almost everyone has the same exact build... C'mon STS! I know you guys can do better! Add more skills! Add diversity!

Edit: Also on the topic of adding diversity, I suggest adding more sets like you guys had in AO3, it was good fun seeing all of the sets and farming for them.

• Regarding pay to play instances, I guess this could also be called the reason I quit!

Well! That's all I can say for now, Good Luck STS, hopefully you can gain a customer back with your new product :).

For all other STS customers, feel free to make remarks on my suggestions and add your own suggestions.

OvigorothO
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I must say i do experience a rather premium experience even without ever having purchased platinum (i have almost 700 in free plat).also if you had been paying attention to various announcements about dark legends you would know skill tree's were to be included already.what you said about the premium gear,my response is they dont call it premium for nuthin'

Ardon
03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
If just some of these things were put in game I'd spend $100 of plat every month just to support them lol

Silentarrow
03-13-2012, 06:43 PM
I must say i do experience a rather premium experience even without ever having purchased platinum (i have almost 700 in free plat).also if you had been paying attention to various announcements about dark legends you would know skill tree's were to be included already.what you said about the premium gear,my response is they dont call it premium for nuthin'

Here's my main complaint,

P2P farming pink: 25-40%

F2P: 0-1%

Not really fair IMO...

Regarding skill trees, I just saw the thread thanks for pointing it out :).

Silentarrow
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
If just some of these things were put in game I'd spend $100 of plat every month just to support them lol

For me: Total money spent on PL before it became "P2P" 20-30$, after 0.

OvigorothO
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM

Here's my main complaint,

P2P farming pink: 25-40%

F2P: 0-1%

Not really fair IMO...

Regarding skill trees, I just saw the thread thanks for pointing it out :).:) hope you continue to enjoy the games

Vhigdo
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Money gives you advantages in games and in real life. It's what money is all about.

Ardon
03-13-2012, 06:52 PM
For me: Total money spent on PL before it became "P2P" 20-30$, after 0.

Yeah, I'm just saying that if they do show better signs of a better game than I would buy that amount of plat to support them based on those decisions.

As of now I don't buy any plat because of many decisions from STS

Silentarrow
03-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Money gives you advantages in games and in real life. It's what money is all about.

Games are a way for me to get out of the stress that is real life for a couple hours.

Vhigdo
03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Can't disagree with you there. But here is my opinion. I would much rather prefer the small advantages that a p2p player gets over me in grinding and pvp then the alternative which is having to buy new content. It's how a lot of f2p MMO's are being built these days where you pick and choose what you want to buy like in a grocery store, instead of having to just pay for the entire game like retail. Kind of like pocket legends where there are those extra zones, but worse because you actually have to pay to get the zones that you level up in (thus you are level capped).

Besides the advantage p2p players get in the game doesn't even compare to other games. Have you played Drakensang as a f2p player. You'll get 1-shotted in PvP from a p2p player.

I don't know if you know this but Dark Legends is planned to have an "energy" resource that limits ones' gameplay to 25 energy (the energy is used to enter a dungeon and replenishes over time or by paying for more). This is expected to limit gameplay if you play enough to use up the energy in one login. If you've played Spiral Knights it sounds like it'll be like that minus the crafting.

So I'm going to go ahead and guess everything your saying isn't going to be fixed in Dark Legends.

Artentreri
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Woah, you're only going to be able to play for a certain amount of time because of your "energy" now? Come on man, that's just dirty. It won't matter to me, because I never have to time to do pretty much anything anymore besides work and sleep, but still that's pretty ridiculous. Call it what you want, I think that's just going overboard.

Ardon
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
IMO, energy in any form doesn't really fit an MMO. Just another way to get money.

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Yea energy and social farming games are great... but when it slipped over into the MMO market it got out of control.

Skeletonlord
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Skill trees are being added and are in the works. Lowly announced it a while back in the Dark Legends general section of the forums.

These are good, valid points, I do not believe that it becoming a "Pay to Play" game, platinum is optional, buying new gear is all optional. I admit, you did need to buy Sandstone Caves when it came out. :)

Growwle
03-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Yeah, the one time fee, paid areas in PL that have easier monsters and better, more consistent gear drops are far better than an energy system. Although for me, it won't matter since I play less than a half hour a day most of the time. I have actually been having more fun in PL now, since you can actually sell stuff in the AH for a reasonable amount and have enough to stay stocked up on potions which are essential for levelling if you are not willing to constantly spend plat on XP pots. SL is nearly impossible to level solo, since nothing you can loot is worth the time to put in the AH exceptionally for vanities which a casual player has little hope of ever seeing drop. All this aside, I like game for what they are to me, a brief diversion at lunch, or before I go to bed.

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Skill trees are being added and are in the works. Lowly announced it a while back in the Dark Legends general section of the forums.

These are good, valid points, I do not believe that it becoming a "Pay to Play" game, platinum is optional, buying new gear is all optional. I admit, you did need to buy Sandstone Caves when it came out. :)

He doesn't mean pay to play as optional, he means more pay to win where if you pay you will get a significant advantage over people who choose the option of not paying. Thus, in order to compete, you have to pay. Personally I don't think the advantage is that big if you pay but I haven't pvp'd a lot to notice. Like I said above in a game like Drakensang where the pay to win advantage is huge... Going from a normal 8 shot kill to a 1 shot kill.

Ardon
03-14-2012, 08:36 AM
He doesn't mean pay to play as optional, he means more pay to win where if you pay you will get a significant advantage over people who choose the option of not paying. Thus, in order to compete, you have to pay. Personally I don't think the advantage is that big if you pay but I haven't pvp'd a lot to notice. Like I said above in a game like Drakensang where the pay to win advantage is huge... Going from a normal 8 shot kill to a 1 shot kill.

In SL there is a difference between the p2p players. Especially at 35+
Th best implants are only plat. And the only pink shields are Plat. And also give a set bonus with a pink gun, which is way easier to get by using the miners luck elixir. Without plat, you have to PvP with lvl 25 implants, a lvl 30 purple shield and no set bonus from a pink shield an pink gun. It's pretty unfair. To be competitive it end gam PvP in SL, right now, you need plat to buy the best gear.

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Yea but then if the person is actually that serious at pvp and you are limited to not paying, I think that person could spend their free platinum more wisely and they will still get the best stuff as long as their free plat isn't used on vanities. It's not like it's impossible to match them, it just takes longer if you don't pay. If the platinum cost of the items was out of range of the free platinum then it would be unfair.

Goldnhawk
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
I think that person could spend their free platinum more wisely and they will still get the best stuff as long as their free plat isn't used on vanities. It's not like it's impossible to match them, it just takes longer if you don't pay. If the platinum cost of the items was out of range of the free platinum then it would be unfair.

I totally agree. They still give you the chance to get free platinum, and if you want to buy something you need to wait longer- but that is fair.
Its like in real life.
I was angry bout the prices going up after the last big update (Vanity Faces plus 5 plat,etc) but then they added free plat.

The only thing that i wish, is that non-premium chars can create guilds too like in PL not only the premium ones at SL.

-Hawk- ;)

Silentarrow
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
I thought energy was only required to do missions like Mafia Wars missions, not dungeons. If you guys are right and it costs energy to join each game I'll quit right away... Well maybe not right away, but pretty fast :).

Another suggestion to STS, make campaigns a flat pay to play fee again, don't make us pay per entry as you did in the winter festivals and now the elite dungeons.

Snakespeare
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
I think you recover energy by drinking blood?

Growwle
03-14-2012, 05:57 PM

I gathered that you just get health and spell / ability power back from drinking blood, energy is separate :-(

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
I gathered that you just get health and spell / ability power back from drinking blood, energy is separate :-(

Yea Growwle is right, the energy is only able to be recovered by 1. Letting the timer replenish it and 2. Paying for it (whether or not you will be able to pay for it with in game currency is unknown, but with platinum at least is definite)

And @Silentarrow ... in my thread that was analyzing the energy feature of the game, I eventually came to the conclusion that dungeons were what the energy was to be used for. This information was released here: http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/events/gdc-2012/3351-gdc-2012-hands-on-with-spacetime-studios-upcoming-mmorpg-called-dark-legends

"While running dungeons does cost energy, if you happen to run out of energy there is still plenty to do in the game while waiting for it to refill."

Basically they want us to socialize more and do less dungeons it appears.

Growwle
03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
There really isn't much difference between an Energy system and the way SL works in Voleria now. In Voleria the XP per mob was lowered and the XP required to level was greatly increased, so you could either pay for elixers every day to level faster, or you can just grind it out for a much longer time. Energy will just make it so if you pay to replenish it, you can run more dungeons per day and level faster, if not, you level much slower.

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
There really isn't much difference between an Energy system and the way SL works in Voleria now. In Voleria the XP per mob was lowered and the XP required to level was greatly increased, so you could either pay for elixers every day to level faster, or you can just grind it out for a much longer time. Energy will just make it so if you pay to replenish it, you can run more dungeons per day and level faster, if not, you level much slower.

True... but in both instances of the SL, pay elixer or don't pay and grind, your fighting/playing the game. While in one instance of the energy in DL your playing because your just buying more energy, and in the other your not playing because you have no more energy.

That and good luck finding a person to power level/help you because they'll have to use their energy up to do so. Unless they make it so that if your over leveled you don't have to pay to enter a lower level dungeon.

StompArtist
03-14-2012, 06:12 PM

Energy drinks from the blood bank. I like it.

Wolves
03-14-2012, 06:16 PM
I would much rather prefer the small advantages that a p2p player gets over me in grinding and pvp then the alternative which is having to buy new content.

I don't know if you know this but Dark Legends is planned to have an "energy" resource that limits ones' gameplay to 25 energy (the energy is used to enter a dungeon and replenishes over time or by paying for more). This is expected to limit gameplay if you play enough to use up the energy in one login.

Im with you.
I love that SL does not require you to pay for new content. I've spent 20 plat on an implant and a shield to buff my toon. If I remember correctly I spent 15 plat just to PLAY AO3. 10 plat each for the lower pay dungeons.

I will happily spend plat to buff/customize my DL toons.
I will NOT spend plat to buy more playing time.

Growwle
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
I would much rather prefer the small advantages that a p2p player gets over me in grinding and pvp then the alternative which is having to buy new content.

I don't know if you know this but Dark Legends is planned to have an "energy" resource that limits ones' gameplay to 25 energy (the energy is used to enter a dungeon and replenishes over time or by paying for more). This is expected to limit gameplay if you play enough to use up the energy in one login.

Im with you.
I love that SL does not require you to pay for new content. I've spent 20 plat on an implant and a shield to buff my toon. If I remember correctly I spent 15 plat just to PLAY AO3. 10 plat each for the lower pay dungeons.

I will happily spend plat to buff/customize my DL toons.
I will NOT spend plat to buy more playing time.

I would be interested to know exactly how many people will actually not play or stop playing DL because of this as opposed to just complaining about it, but still playing?

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I've played Castleville and all that so I'll probably not quit no matter how bad the energy is. Though I never have and never will buy energy in a game with dollars. If they however make it so you can buy energy with the virtual currency in the game (probably going to be gold in this one) that would be great. Because that's how the other MMO I've played that uses energy does it (Spiral Knights).

Ardon
03-14-2012, 06:30 PM
I would be interested to know exactly how many people will actually not play or stop playing DL because of this as opposed to just complaining about it, but still playing?

Me and many of my MMO friends would stop. There wouldn't be a point in playing a game that limits your play time.

StompArtist
03-14-2012, 06:46 PM

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 06:55 PM

FYI dude the energy we are speaking of is a currency used to enter dungeons, we aren't talking your health bar that is replenished by biting/sucking your victims blood.

StompArtist
03-14-2012, 06:57 PM
FYI dude the energy we are speaking of is a currency used to enter dungeons, we aren't talking your health bar that is replenished by biting/sucking your victims blood.

Wait. Are you saying it's a pay per instance scheme?

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Pretty much, you get energy like in farmville where you have to use up an energy to enter a dungeon. This energy replenishes itself overtime with a timer or by paying for more.

morfic
03-14-2012, 06:59 PM
I can tell you that this scares me pretty bad. My playstyle is one of binging. I don't like to take my time. I like to grind for 12 hours straight if need be.

I don't mind choosing to buy elixirs to expedite this process. But in no way, do I want to be forced to buy energy just to be able to grind at all.

We'll see how it goes though. Maybe it won't be that bad.

StompArtist
03-14-2012, 07:01 PM
I can tell you that this scares me pretty bad. My playstyle is one of binging. I don't like to take my time. I like to grind for 12 hours straight if need be.

I don't mind choosing to buy elixirs to expedite this process. But in no way, do I want to be forced to buy energy just to be able to grind at all.

We'll see how it goes though. Maybe it won't be that bad.

Same here. :(

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Yea your telling me, the energy is really upsetting to me. It's why probably like over half my posts are about it :/

I can't see the addition of energy having any positive effects on my style of play. Which seems like yours... grinding for the fun of it.

Every MMO I've played has had grinding in it, and that's why I even play MMO's really. I have never played them to role play or socialize for an hour or more.

StompArtist
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM
So if you have no energy, you just stand around??

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 07:08 PM
So if you have no energy, you just stand around??

Articles are saying there is plenty to do outside of dungeons... we'll just have to see. They say there is player housing and some sort of cutscene games to do in the droidgamers article I linked above us. I can see cut scene games getting repetitive though, and standing around/decorating a house if that's what it means isn't my cup of tea.

Silentarrow
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Articles are saying there is plenty to do outside of dungeons... we'll just have to see. They say there is player housing and some sort of cutscene games to do in the droidgamers article I linked above us. I can see cut scene games getting repetitive though, and standing around/decorating a house if that's what it means isn't my cup of tea.

There's only so much you can do with player housing though. Hopefully STS is reading this thread so they can see how much players don't like it...

StompArtist
03-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I ain't decorating in RL and I ain't decorating in a game. :vmad:

Silentarrow
03-14-2012, 07:27 PM

+1000 :)

Ardon
03-14-2012, 07:28 PM

Lmao so true.

I'd just have a black empty room, like a real vampire.

Elyseon
03-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Last time we started talking about the energy thing, thread randomly got locked...

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Last time we started talking about the energy thing, thread randomly got locked...

Yea I guess we all were starting to hate on the game before it was out.

Elyseon
03-14-2012, 07:34 PM
But seriously why did they lock it? No one was raging even...

Ardon
03-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Usually forum mods/admins post why they lock a thread. Not sure why they don't do that here on every thread they lock.

Silentarrow
03-14-2012, 07:35 PM

As long as we keep the language clean, and keep our posts constructive I think were good. If STS did lock this thread (as there has been no posts breaking the TOS yet) I would get the message that STS doesn't care how much we don't like their new systems, as long as a minority of players keep buying and making them money.

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
As long as we keep the language clean, and keep our posts constructive I think were good. If STS did lock this thread (as there has been no posts breaking the TOS yet) I would get the message that STS doesn't care how much we don't like their new systems, as long as a minority of players keep buying and making them money.

That's the only possible explanation of why they locked the last thread "'Energy' in Dark Legends"... it was totally random.

Though maybe my essay at the start of the thread was seen as a rant, though if you actually read it, none if it is ranting, just speculation.

KillaSkillz
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm thinking energy will refil outside the dungeon/map, and probably more to slow people down and get the story, than it will be to force purchases. Most people are conditioned to drilling through updates to cap and a week later, saying we need more!
I took my time in SL until voleria, i almost missed the L36 cap vanity on one toon, and thought maybe the L41 cap might come and go quickly but no. So i have spent the last 2+ months farming and selling items and its my own fault for rushing through it.
I may be wrong. I think energy was a control to get people to slow down and enjoy the story, instead of skip scenes and grind it out in a day or two.

One thing is for sure, we will know soon enough... and i can't wait to see it!

Vhigdo
03-14-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking energy will refil outside the dungeon/map, and probably more to slow people down and get the story, than it will be to force purchases. Most people are conditioned to drilling through updates to cap and a week later, saying we need more!
I took my time in SL until voleria, i almost missed the L36 cap vanity on one toon, and thought maybe the L41 cap might come and go quickly but no. So i have spent the last 2+ months farming and selling items and its my own fault for rushing through it.
I may be wrong. I think energy was a control to get people to slow down and enjoy the story, instead of skip scenes and grind it out in a day or two.

One thing is for sure, we will know soon enough... and i can't wait to see it!

Yea we already know for sure that the energy refills over time (in my old energy thread I have a picture of the timer that refills it stopped at 3:26 seconds or so) just like it does in any other energy based game like farmville or castleville.

And I agree that energy is just a way to limit game play and slow people down... that is why I hate it. But I disagree with you on that I enjoy capping out as fast as possible and then farming/selling is a bad thing. I'd take that over capping out a couple days later than I normally would (due to energy being used up) and then slowly farming/selling because the energy is constantly limiting my gameplay any day of the week.

Also I have complained over waiting for a game to release, though in all my gaming I don't think I've ever complained about new content in a game taking too long to release. I've seen others do it though, but I doubt companies put energy in the game to stop that, because people are still going to cap out pretty quick. But the energy doesn't just mess up the leveling/capping out as fast as you can... it's going to hinder item farming as well.

Ardon
03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Maybe people would play the game more if there was more stuff to do in game? Instead of slowing the flow down, there should be more stuff to do in game. And not houses lol like actual combat stuff. And as for plat. Maybe add more stuff vanities and stuff to spend on. More pets, more gear vanities. Weapon vanities would be amazing. There is no need to slow the pace down when there are loads of things to do.

Elyseon
03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I most likely will just stick to PL now, I mean I will definately try out DL, but maining in it seems unlikely for me now, if i wont be able to play as much...

Actually, pvp probably wont take energy, so maybe I will just pvp way more

Artentreri
03-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Maybe people would play the game more if there was more stuff to do in game? Instead of slowing the flow down, there should be more stuff to do in game. And not houses lol like actual combat stuff. And as for plat. Maybe add more stuff vanities and stuff to spend on. More pets, more gear vanities. Weapon vanities would be amazing. There is no need to slow the pace down when there are loads of things to do.

I'm with ya, but we don't know everything you can do it in yet, so it's hard to tell. I'm sure it would get old doing the same thing over and over again, but if it gives you rewards, isn't that like farming? This is all speculation though, I guess we just wait and see.

Silentarrow
03-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm with ya, but we don't know everything you can do it in yet, so it's hard to tell. I'm sure it would get old doing the same thing over and over again, but if it gives you rewards, isn't that like farming? This is all speculation though, I guess we just wait and see.

Have you played mafia wars? It's pretty broing IMO.

Artentreri
03-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Yeah, it's horrid. All I'm sayin is that we have no clue what it's gonna be like, your mental image of it is most likely 100% different than mine just because we have no idea what to expect.

LordEspe
03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
All I can say is, everyone should just wait til the release of DL!!

Arcanine
03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
i hope this 'energy' feature isn't as bad as i'm making it out to be in my head :grief:

Samhayne
03-16-2012, 11:20 AM

Yup, this.

I can't say if the game will be for you or not. At the end of the day, everyone will make up their own mind. Release is not that far off, so please, lets wait and see.

Thanks!

Elyseon
03-16-2012, 11:24 AM

Yup, this.

I can't say if the game will be for you or not. At the end of the day, everyone will make up their own mind. Release is not that far off, so please, lets wait and see.

Thanks!

:D still looking forward to trying it

Growwle
03-16-2012, 11:25 AM

Yup, this.

Thanks!

If possible, would you at least be able to give us an idea of the duration of the energy bar and the platinum cost to replenish it? Or has this information not been finalized yet? Don't get me wrong, the game sounds like it will be amazing and I am anticipating it as much as anyone else here, but the information about the energy system is very vague, it seems like it was known that this would be a sore spot for some players and having this information would turn off potential players before release.

Vhigdo
03-16-2012, 02:00 PM
If possible, would you at least be able to give us an idea of the duration of the energy bar and the platinum cost to replenish it? Or has this information not been finalized yet? Don't get me wrong, the game sounds like it will be amazing and I am anticipating it as much as anyone else here, but the information about the energy system is very vague, it seems like it was known that this would be a sore spot for some players and having this information would turn off potential players before release.

Perfectly stated and I agree.

Telling me to just wait until the release doesn't stop my mind from speculating what the game will be like. Especially after the unveiling of "energy". Because honestly I've played at least 10 games that use energy... a lot of those are Zynga games... and I can't think of one where the "energy" added anything to the game it just was another thing blocking the path to try and get around.

Samhayne
03-16-2012, 02:28 PM

Still being tweaked and polished for launch, sorry.

I'm sure we'll all have fun picking it apart once you get to play it, but until then, you'll have to wait. :vcry:

Growwle
03-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Well, I guess we can just add our ideas of what we think would be a reasonable duration and cost of energy. I personally would be OK with an energy bar that lasts for about two hours (in dungeons) and costs < 5 platinum to refill.

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I really hope there is no plat option to replenish the energy at all.
That would make the leaderboards controlled, and put anyone who has money to spend, way ahead in the game.

Vhigdo
03-16-2012, 04:00 PM
If there is an option to buy on release (in screenshots right now there is a plus sign so probably yes atm) I hope that that option is to buy with gold not platinum or both. That is how Spiral Knights does it and it makes the game better once you get income.

Growwle
03-16-2012, 04:01 PM
That would make the leaderboards controlled, and put anyone who has money to spend, way ahead in the game.

That is a nice idea, but you can see the silver (platinum) + icon next to the bar in the screenshots. It will probably be very similar to Spiral Knights.

Growwle
03-16-2012, 04:05 PM
If there is an option to buy on release (in screenshots right now there is a plus sign so probably yes atm) I hope that that option is to buy with gold not platinum or both. That is how Spiral Knights does it and it makes the game better once you get income.

Lol, you posted the same thing like a split second before I did.

Vhigdo
03-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Hehe :p

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I have income. I am just saying.

Vhigdo
03-16-2012, 04:16 PM
I mean in game income. Yea it'll be easy for anyone to pay.

Game income meaning trading/auctioning/farming or grinding

Elyseon
03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
There undoubtably will be

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
All I was saying is I hope there is not an option. Lol jeeeze so touchy in this thread, imma leave it alone.

Vhigdo
03-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Even though I prefer no energy feature at all... If there is one in the game prohibiting me from moving on I want a way to pay for more. Because if I want to do something for a certain amount of time.. I want to be able to do it for that long and not have energy stop me.

Hopefully the energy feature of dark legends wasn't STS's way of stopping botters... It's usually the reason behind these methods.

Growwle
03-16-2012, 04:47 PM
All I was saying is I hope there is not an option. Lol jeeeze so touchy in this thread, imma leave it alone.

It is the touchiest subject regarding DL, but yes, we would all prefer it if the game is not a "pay to win" game.

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Bleh, yeah hope doesn't do much I guess.
Especially when every other game with this energy system allows an option to replenish your energy with cash.

Vhigdo
03-16-2012, 05:08 PM
From experience in energy based games I find they don't necessarily make the game pay to win. They just limit one from doing something repeatedly. Hence they are commonly used to prevent botters.

Getting up faster in leaderboards would be the main advantages of buying energy. But other things like getting leveled up and gear etc. the person buying energy will get first... But the f2p will catch up. So it shouldn't affect p2w.

I don't care about leaderboards unless there is a prize personally.

Elyseon
03-16-2012, 05:24 PM
I agree with you completely, dont get me wrong
Im saying that theres like a -1% chance that plat wont get you more energy, never said I liked that, I don't

Flashgunner
03-24-2012, 06:08 PM
This makes me mad! I wasted 1250 credits on a luck enhancer.... and only got Type VII Shocktite Arms and in PL I can't afford a pink so I die every two seconds. SO PLEASE MAKE CHANGES!

Silentarrow
03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
This makes me mad! I wasted 1250 credits on a luck enhancer.... and only got Type VII Shocktite Arms and in PL I can't afford a pink so I die every two seconds. SO PLEASE MAKE CHANGES!

Wrong thread bro :).

Jugernugett
03-27-2012, 03:54 PM
U die every two seconds cuz u can't afford a pink? What's this mean?!?

Quanika
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
here is some more info about it http://www.dotmmo.com/dark-legends-6614.html