PDA

View Full Version : I dub thee "Thrasher Gen"

Snakespeare
03-14-2012, 10:38 AM
When I was coming up, we had various generations of players, most famously the Mynas Gen so named because of all the power leveling taking place in the Halls of Mynas at the time.

This generation has been nameless, but I think it is time they got one.

There is no doubt that the last two or three boards released by STS practically require elixirs, which are encouraged by the presence of Vincent at the entrances (excepting FH1) to every map. Where we had at best 2x XP for 5 minutes for 1500 gold, the new generation buys 4x combo elixirs for 40 plat that last an hour, and they do not play without them.

Therefore, I am calling them Thrasher Gen. Welcome to history, Thrashers! So you shall be named, and so you shall be remembered.

GELLIO77
03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
lol i would never had thought of that, you certainly live up to your name then ;)

wvhills
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM
i dubbed them plat gen. haha. i think both terms are interchangeable.

adidaman
03-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Edited for misinformation

Snakespeare
03-14-2012, 11:05 AM
It's not a criticism. It's a name. They should wearing it proudly, flaunt it! Surely the Thrashers are paying for the development of DL, bless them!

But no, I am a slow leveler. Always have been,

adidaman
03-14-2012, 11:12 AM
It's not a criticism. It's a name. They should wearing it proudly, flaunt it! Surely the Thrashers are paying for the development of DL, bless them!

But no, I am a slow leveler. Always have been,

I feel ya. Hit 61 on dailies and only about half of 66 on 1.5s.

Snakespeare
03-14-2012, 11:16 AM
i dubbed them plat gen. haha. i think both terms are interchangeable.

That's cool, too, but I think Thrasher Gen sounds wild.

dudetus
03-14-2012, 12:05 PM
That's cool, too, but I think Thrasher Gen sounds wild.

They aren't wild. Just addicted to Elixirs.

Suentous PO
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
heheh, i hid my stats for the majoity of a year before i noticed it being less and less common to see 100k kills. Nowadays im looking pretty burly compared. lulz

Coltona
03-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I think they are quite annoying in my opinion. All i'm seeing are lvl 65-66 ppl with less kills than my 56 pally and waaaay less kills than my 57 bird and bear....i mean a 66 bird with barely 8k kills....it's almost worse than the mynas gen, at least they had to play to a certain point to be power leveled, these guys are starting at 1 and flying to 66 without picking up skills or the idea of team tactics..i had a level 66 bear in shadow caves ask me what i meant by "aggro" o.o it was a real WTF moment. I honestly miss the cap being 50 or even 56....the game was simpler and more community based then..now it's all about "Watch me be an endgame noob!". Kinda annoying lol

StompArtist
03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
You calling them Pocket Trash? :D

Coltona
03-14-2012, 06:31 PM

I'm calling them the overpaying noobs of PL, but yours works just as well. It's one thing to buy all vanities, or rush a few levels, if you know how to effectively use a class, it's another completely to blast to the top just for the satisfaction of achieving max level.

OvigorothO
03-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I think they are quite annoying in my opinion. All i'm seeing are lvl 65-66 ppl with less kills than my 56 pally and waaaay less kills than my 57 bird and bear....i mean a 66 bird with barely 8k kills....it's almost worse than the mynas gen, at least they had to play to a certain point to be power leveled, these guys are starting at 1 and flying to 66 without picking up skills or the idea of team tactics..i had a level 66 bear in shadow caves ask me what i meant by "aggro" o.o it was a real WTF moment. I honestly miss the cap being 50 or even 56....the game was simpler and more community based then..now it's all about "Watch me be an endgame noob!". Kinda annoying lolmisleading information. The so called "myna's gen" could access any map they want to at any level up until some point in sewers when we evolved into the thrasher gen (this heavy duty elixers were released)

Walkhardd
03-14-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm calling them the overpaying noobs of PL, but yours works just as well. It's one thing to buy all vanities, or rush a few levels, if you know how to effectively use a class, it's another completely to blast to the top just for the satisfaction of achieving max level.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me elixers are the only way I can keep up with the kiddos that have tons of free time. I used elixers to lvl my toons. Am I a noob? No, I'm not .just someone that works 60 hours a week to support a family, and needs to play the game in fast forward.

In case you didn't realize, those "noobs" that buy loads of plat, fund this game and future games from sts.

Coltona
03-14-2012, 11:01 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but for me elixers are the only way I can keep up with the kiddos that have tons of free time. I used elixers to lvl my toons. Am I a noob? No, I'm not .just someone that works 60 hours a week to support a family, and needs to play the game in fast forward.

In case you didn't realize, those "noobs" that buy loads of plat, fund this game and future games from sts.

I find no problem with this, if you know how to play correctly, when I say noob I'm focusing on those that are max level from elixirs, but don't know how to play team tactics. Not meaning everyone that levels with elixirs, the actual terrible max levels.

Beanmachine
03-15-2012, 04:53 AM
The noobs I assume we are talking about are the lv66 characters with 5-9k kills.

Taipan
03-15-2012, 05:03 AM
The noobs I assume we are talking about are the lv66 characters with 5-9k kills.
My L54 pure strength bear has 6k kills lol

OvigorothO
03-15-2012, 05:37 AM
My L54 pure strength bear has 6k kills lollol my lvl 21 bird has 6438

OvigorothO
03-15-2012, 05:38 AM
it bc we america and we all too lazy.

and fat too. no truer words have been spoken

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 07:05 AM
it bc we america and we all too lazy.

and fat too. no truer words have been spoken

So let me get this straight. The people who spend hours upon hours sitting on their phones/tablets grinding xp aren't lazy. And the ones who obviously have some disposable income, buy plat, (because they have real jobs) and finish in 1/4 of time are lazy.

Its not like we're speeding up the time we're spending at the gym. Lol

Doogyplum ツ
03-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I am pretty sure it was Royce who coined Mynas gen... But of course you came up with it you know better than me haha.

Econodeath
03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
I Love the name Snakespear came up with. Sounds great.

I miss the days before all the thrasher runs.
Team games were so much more fun where people knew skills.
Mages took turns healing and nuking, while following the bears debuffing enemies so the bears could pull and stomp.
Timing kind of thing. Real team mechanics.
God I love my furry Hank! He so macho!!!!\

Coltona
03-15-2012, 11:36 AM

I'm not say ALL elixir users, i'm saying those that truly don't have a clue on how to plat correctly. The high levels that play like a level 10 noob. That's who i mean, so before you start getting booty hurt, look at your playstyle and figure if you're in that category or not, if not don't post.
And yes i do realize they fund it.

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 01:32 PM

I find no problem with this, if you know how to play correctly, when I say noob I'm focusing on those that are max level from elixirs, but don't know how to play team tactics. Not meaning everyone that levels with elixirs, the actual terrible max levels.

You already addressed this post once. And just so you know, most of the top players in the game level this way. For every 1 lvl 66 noob you show me, ill show you 10 pros.

I didn't think you even had an endgame toon, which is fine, but how do you know about all these noobs if you don't run fang?

If you do run fang I apologize, and disregard that last part.

P.s I'm not trying to flame, just sticking up for all the elixer users out there, like myself, who don't really like grinding for weeks to reach cap.

Beanmachine
03-15-2012, 03:03 PM
lol my lvl 21 bird has 6438

My L54 pure strength bear has 6k kills lol

What I mean is that it takes over 100k xp to just reach 1 lv, so they should be able to get 10k kills out of that including the kills they racked up 65 levels before.

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
You already addressed this post once. And just so you know, most of the top players in the game level this way. For every 1 lvl 66 noob you show me, ill show you 10 pros.

I didn't think you even had an endgame toon, which is fine, but how do you know about all these noobs if you don't run fang?

P.s I'm not trying to flame, just sticking up for all the elixer users out there, like myself, who don't really like grinding for weeks to reach cap.

The real problem, imo, is not noobiness it is the trasher users jumping in on an halfway made PUG and running up to bosses without regard for the non elixired players. They end up spoiling the fun of other players.

Beanmachine
03-15-2012, 03:12 PM
The real problem, imo, is not noobiness it is the trasher users jumping in on an halfway made PUG and running up to bosses without regard for the non elixired players. They end up spoiling the fun of other players.

Especially when you die and they keep moving on without a rez:/ It's like "Duh hallo, there's a bird with a broken wing down here!"

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Especially when you die and they keep moving on without a rez:/ It's like "Duh hallo, there's a bird with a broken wing down here!"

"You are not worth my 2 seconds of Elixir!" :P

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 03:23 PM

Ya, I'm with you on that. I haven't seen that too often. Then again, I hardly ever run pugs.

I would rev you guys if you died though. :)

Snakespeare
03-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't dislike people who use Thrashers. I just think it's a cool sounding name, and it seems so appropriate. They obviously paid for the development of Dark Legends, bless their little hearts!

Usually the sort of player who uses up a game in a few days just moves on to some other game.

The other Thrasher users are the ones who level one of each class to elite cap so they can collect elite vanities. Hail to all of them! I hope the devs have some form of profit sharing.

Beanmachine
03-16-2012, 11:04 AM
"you are not worth my 2 seconds of elixir!" :p

must hold breath when thrasher running!:d

Otukura
03-17-2012, 01:58 AM
elephants are purplel

Obviously.

Gaunab
03-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Obviously.

Hey Otu !!! :)

Didn't know you have a son. ;)

Whirlzap
03-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm a proud Thrasher Gen ^^

Otukura
03-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey Otu !!! :)

Didn't know you have a son. ;)

I'm having another. 7 months pregnant.

Swords
03-17-2012, 02:55 PM
thought it was 1.5x for 1500 gold instead of 2x?

Buffedbear Pl
03-17-2012, 04:50 PM
I saw a L66 Bear with 4k kills and nearly 3k deaths. He was pwning in Fang with AO3 stuff. What a boss, he is probably the best scatterbear alive! He didn't even read the guide, a natural! We will never have even 10% of this guy's skill.

razerfingers
03-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I hate it when i sit there and waste my daily waiting for people to join my game or fill up the spots in a pug im in lol!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk