PDA

View Full Version : Big luck

Dalonewolf
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Now whats the point of ownin big luck now? No use if u gotten the bigger luck which is cheaper and provides more luck. In my opinion i believe that we should be given the option to combine our old big luck ( that some people paid 75 plat for) and combine it with the new bigger luck. After combining it becomes biggest luck? Idk.. But after buying the bigger luck, my big luck wont be used and will sit there like a wasted amount of platinum used. Honestly i really want to see if sts will do something that will give us a bonus for buying the big luck as well. As of now that big luck will sit in my stash

And i only rerolled a pink once ever since i got big luck 1 year ago

Mageprodigy
03-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Now whats the point of ownin big luck now? No use if u gotten the bigger luck which is cheaper and provides more luck. In my opinion i believe that we should be given the option to combine our old big luck ( that some people paid 75 plat for) and combine it with the new bigger luck. After combining it becomes biggest luck? Idk.. But after buying the bigger luck, my big luck wont be used and will sit there like a wasted amount of platinum used. Honestly i really want to see if sts will do something that will give us a bonus for buying the big luck as well. As of now that big luck will sit in my stash

I totally agree! I bought big luck last year too but what's the point of having it now? :(
Next year there is mega luck? Gives you more luck than bigger luck?

Elyseon
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeh especially since you cant reroll above the sewers.

Coltona
03-15-2012, 10:46 AM
I have one thing to say after logging in and seeing this crap...WTF DEVS?! I bought like 5 of the stupid big luck for 75 and now theres something better for 1/3 the price?!! Either refund big luck and let us buy something else....or have a huge uproar of disgruntled players.

Well I didn't think it possible but STS has reached a new level of wtf with this...my money was wasted. If I could get my 75 plat back for each of those stupid big lucks I'd be happy..thanks for the screwing. Just had to vent a little.

Gaunab
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
I had a gameboy color for some years. Then, three years later Nintendo introduced the gameboy advance and - believe it or not- they wanted me to pay again to get this upgraded version. :disillusionment: Do I accuse Nintendo for doing so? Noone does!

You decided to get this item and for nearly one year it has served it's purpose, hasn't it?

In the same way it's your decision to get the upgraded version of the big luck; if you don't like it or are happy with the big lucks you already have or think it's a ripoff as there might be an improved version for the next year, there is no need to get it. :)
It only adds very little to the odds anyways...

Coltona
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
I had a gameboy color for some years. Then, three years later Nintendo introduced the gameboy advance and - believe it or not- they wanted me to pay again to get this upgraded version. Do I accuse Nintendo for doing so?

You decided to get this item and for nearly one year it has served it's purpose, hasn't it?

In the same way it's your decision to get the upgraded version of the big luck; if you don't like it or think it's a ripoff as there might be an improved version for the next year, there is no need to get it. :)

Ok but I was focused more on the fact STS isn't..or wasn't a multi million dollar corporation.. I guess as more people play it becomes more about throwing together something to make more money off of and screw the original players as long as that profit comes in...it was obvious for a hand held device that they would out do it, mans greatest asset is his ability to refine until perfect, but this is different.

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Would it make everyone feel better if it was 100 plat? I'm happy to pay 25 plat.

I honestly don't understand how ppl can complain about getting someone cheaper than anticipated.

Samhayne
03-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey guys,

I can well understand how you feel. Let me try and go through the differences to help you feel better.

First, the main difference between Big Luck and Bigger Luck is the visual one (Big luck is a 3 leaf clover, Bigger Luck is a 4 leaf clover).

The Luck difference isn't that huge. Sure, if you have to have the very best luck, well you might want to buy a luck elixir instead?

Our intent was to make something different from last year. If you recall Halloween 2011, there were complaints when we re-used the same look as the year before. We wanted to avoid that, so that's the reason for the change.

Hopefully that helps you better understand. Thanks, as always, for your support!

octavos
03-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey guys,

I can well understand how you feel. Let me try and go through the differences to help you feel better.

First, the main difference between Big Luck and Bigger Luck is the visual one (Big luck is a 3 leaf clover, Bigger Luck is a 4 leaf clover).

The Luck difference isn't that huge. Sure, if you have to have the very best luck, well you might want to buy a luck elixir instead?

Our intent was to make something different from last year. If you recall Halloween 2011, there were complaints when we re-used the same look as the year before. We wanted to avoid that, so that's the reason for the change.

Hopefully that helps you better understand. Thanks, as always, for your support!

Some ppl are never happy, buy if you want, but complain somewhere else...no need for a OMG "why" thread.
P.S. I got mine from Deal of the day. so i paid just like others
I Approve this message.
:ghost:

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

People will ALWAYS complain. damned if you do damned if you don't I guess.

Coltona
03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,

Ya except that's the problem now isn't it? Let's redo this and make it better, ok sweet...now let's make it cheaper so EVERYONE can buy one oh we're gonna be rich!! But wait? Some people that spent a few hundred dollars on this overpriced one might not be too happy will they? Big luck isn't even a lucky clover, it's a 3 leaf. >.>

Gluttony
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Ya except that's the problem now isn't it? Let's redo this and make it better, ok sweet...now let's make it cheaper so EVERYONE can buy one oh we're gonna be rich!! But wait? Some people that spent a few hundred dollars on this overpriced one might not be too happy will they?

Ok, you should be looking at the issue from the beginning and compare... don't just take your experience and assume that everyone is in your boat. Big Luck was only 15 platinum when it was introduced; so this newer Bigger Luck is actually an increase in price at 25 plat, which makes sense due to it actually increasing luck a bit more, so you're paying more for efficiency. Not everyone who purchased Big Luck bought it during the deal of the day, so this new item isn't actually a cheaper version for everyone but just those that didn't purchase the item initially (for whatever reason). Purchasing multiples of the same item is just lazy, it is very easy to place the item in stash (unless you have a character under L4) and retrieve it for another toon to gain the benefits.

So to recap, when an item becomes one year old and the event gets revisited it is quite obvious that there will be upgrades (either visual or performance) to the old items because if there isn't an uproar will ensue as proved by the Halloween event of 2011. At one point each player has a choice to make, either wait until the next year's product or take a short cut and get the item whenever it is offered.

...you're basically asking for a refund because your item is now obsolete. Think of every piece of tech you've ever bought in your life that was rendered old after a week due to an advance in the field. It's something like that, the product is a year old and it is time for out with the old and in with the new.

Gaunab
03-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Look at it in this way.
They didn't take anything away from you. If you bought a big luck you still have the 15% (I think?) reroll chance.
They just added an additional possibility for players who feel the further slight increase in luck is worth the money. It's a win-win if you buy it. If you decide not to, that's okay as well and your odds stay the same.

And like Walk said, be happy! STS could have charged much more for this attractive item ;)

LwMark
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM
So halloween items will b new this year which means all that halloween farmin is guna make me rich!!?? Lol

Coltona
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM
So halloween items will b new this year which means all that halloween farmin is guna make me rich!!?? Lol

Lol i have tons of halloween pink level 20-25 and a few hundred purps of the same level haha.

Ok repost, i'm out of rage...if i can refund all but like 1 of my big lucks i'll be happy, and yes i plan on buying a single bigger luck then waiting until next year before going wild again.

Dalonewolf
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I was just trying to create an idea where we could combine the older big luck with the new one, as i have no more use for the older one

Rare
03-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I can already see what is going to happen when they recycle the elite vanities.

zeusabe
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Missing the point. The point is, why launch a big luck a year ago for 75 plat (and appeared in Dotd several times) then sell it for 25 plat a year after (which based on the description should be better than the original big luck). It doesn't matter if it served its purpose that's not the point. The point is with the launch of a better big luck today, the game is telling you that a year ago, you paid more for a ****ter version. Period. That's quite obvious. This is really wtf-able. I agree with the thread starter. Now the argument to that would be, "it was your prerogative to buy it a year ago for 75plat, therefore, it's your fault not STS"...that would be an acceptable response from a business standpoint, but from a consumer standpoint, that's not cool. Can't you see the pattern? They release a minotaur pet which is far cooler than a couple of bats for fraction of bat price...what's next? maybe an Ifrit Godlike Helm for 50plat that's even cooler than the 500 plat ominpotent crown? It's common sense, if you charge something less, it means the quality is less, otherwise, you're just sending the wrong message to the buyers that they were ripped off. I know this was not the intention, but that's the net effect of it. It's simple analogy, you don't have to compare the situation to gameboys etc., just look at it as it is. Thumbs down, this was a let down, I like the bigger luck, but the fact that it sent the message that we just got ripped off a year ago, not cool.

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I want a refund on my 55" tv I bought 3 years ago because now they came out with 3D TVs and I simply can't deal with the old TV sitting in the garage accumulating dust!!!

Roc
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I still plan on getting use out of the 3-leaf clover by having it on an alt :) ...and all this talk of tech makes me want to go on a spending spree ;)

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Missing the point. The point is, why launch a big luck a year ago for 75 plat (and appeared in Dotd several times) then sell it for 25 plat a year after (which based on the description should be better than the original big luck). It doesn't matter if it served its purpose that's not the point. The point is with the launch of a better big luck today, the game is telling you that a year ago, you paid more for a ****ter version. Period. That's quite obvious. This is really wtf-able. I agree with the thread starter.

I see where youre coming from, but what's the alternative? Sell this one for the same amount? Or more? In the end, youre complaining about sts putting out a new vanity for cheap.

wvhills
03-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Let me quote the governator, "stop whinning".

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, at least you didn't get the Shield of Gratitude (NO STATS VANITY) for buying all the spine map packs before they became free -____- I raged....

Xionskull
03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
You know what would be BAD... If that I buy bigger luck for 25 platinum then the next day it goes on sale for even cheaper!

zeusabe
03-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I see where youre coming from, but what's the alternative? Sell this one for the same amount? Or more? In the end, youre complaining about sts putting out a new vanity for cheap.

I'm not complaining that STS is putting out a cheap new vanity, that is good "IF" I didn't buy a worse version for more, you see, that made the difference. I wouldn't mind buying something cheap, who doesn't want cheap stuff? But If I knew for a fact that I bought a worse version earlier for three times more, wouldn't that make me feel ripped off? There's an "IF" to it, I'm not whining because it's cheap LOL that's ridiculous. What makes me different (and all the others with same situation) is that I actually bought the big luck (75 platinum). In effect, I'm not only buying a cheap one (25 plat), I also bought the expensive one (75 plat). But here's is where it doesn't add up, the more expensive one is actually worse than the cheap one. It's no use crying over spilled milk. But wouldn't it make more sense if they launched the first big luck for 25 platinum, and bigger luck for 75 platinum? No fancy thinking, simple analogy, I think you'd agree with me. Now another argument would be, well, it's a matter of order, you'd buy them both anyway...that's correct, I would've bought the same big lucks so in effect I would've spent 100 platinum anyway, but how about those people who weren't there when the first big luck launched? Assuming, we adapt my pricing (25plat for big luck, 75plat bigger luck) Wouldn't it be fair that they pay a bigger price because it's a better version which would also appeace to those people who actually bought the 25 platinum big luck. It's just marketing. I hope in the future these things don't happen...this game will lose a lot of old players with these kind of pricing tactics. Just my 2 cents.

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 01:37 PM

I'm not complaining that STS is putting out a cheap new vanity, that is good "IF" I didn't buy a worse version for more, you see, that made the difference. I wouldn't mind buying something cheap, who doesn't want cheap stuff? But If I knew for a fact that I bought a worse version earlier for three times more, wouldn't that make me feel ripped off? There's an "IF" to it, I'm not whining because it's cheap LOL that's ridiculous. What makes me different (and all the others with same situation) is that I actually bought the 75 platinum. In effect, I'm not only buying a cheap one (25 plat), I also bought the expensive one (75 plat). It's no use crying over spilled milk. But wouldn't it made more sense if they launched the first big luck for 25 platinum, and bigger luck for 75 platinum? No fancy thinking, simple analogy, I think you'd agree with me. Just my 2 cents.

I bought the 75plat one as well, and like I said, I can see where youre coming from. But, sts can't go back in time and make big luck 25 plat. So, I'm happy it's only 25 plat. :)

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm not complaining that STS is putting out a cheap new vanity, that is good "IF" I didn't buy a worse version for more, you see, that made the difference. I wouldn't mind buying something cheap, who doesn't want cheap stuff? But If I knew for a fact that I bought a worse version earlier for three times more, wouldn't that make me feel ripped off? There's an "IF" to it, I'm not whining because it's cheap LOL that's ridiculous. What makes me different (and all the others with same situation) is that I actually bought the 75 platinum. In effect, I'm not only buying a cheap one (25 plat), I also bought the expensive one (75 plat). It's no use crying over spilled milk. But wouldn't it made more sense if they launched the first big luck for 25 platinum, and bigger luck for 75 platinum? No fancy thinking, simple analogy, I think you'd agree with me. Just my 2 cents.

Nicely said bro.

trunzoc
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
I have the same issue with my TV that the other guy did. Bought a 65" rear projection TV a few years ago for almost 2grand. Now I can get a 65" 3D LED TV for way less. I want a refund...

While we're at it...

I bought an HTC Incredible 2 less than a year ago for $300. Now the Rezound, which blows it out of the water, is only $200. I want a refund...
I bought a Ford 2 years ago. no Sync, no Android, None of that stuff. Now The same model WITH that stuff, and better mileage to boot, is actually 3k cheaper. I want a refund...
I build a brand new house 3 years ago. The current economy cut it's value by about 30%. I want a refund...

Looks to me like a whole lot of crap used to be more expensive for a lesser version. wow. I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 02:37 PM
I have the same issue with my TV that the other guy did. Bought a 65" rear projection TV a few years ago for almost 2grand. Now I can get a 65" 3D LED TV for way less. I want a refund...

While we're at it...

I bought an HTC Incredible 2 less than a year ago for $300. Now the Rezound, which blows it out of the water, is only $200. I want a refund...
I bought a Ford 2 years ago. no Sync, no Android, None of that stuff. Now The same model WITH that stuff, and better mileage to boot, is actually 3k cheaper. I want a refund...
I build a brand new house 3 years ago. The current economy cut it's value by about 30%. I want a refund...

Looks to me like a whole lot of crap used to be more expensive for a lesser version. wow. I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!

Yep...no need in complaining now...what's done is done...

Curiana
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Just a thought but instead of another clover didn't you guys (sts) think of something new? I'd be happy with a leprechaun hat, different to what we have, would look cool and fitting for the time of year!

trunzoc
03-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Just a thought but instead of another clover didn't you guys (sts) think of something new? I'd be happy with a leprechaun hat, different to what we have, would look cool and fitting for the time of year!

This I agree with

Lowlyspy
03-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I guess but considering bigger luck is only 10 plat more than big luck was last year (15 plat during the actual event) and it has a better reroll chance I think that extra leaf is quite fitting.

Late
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Like look like the old one but have clovers jumping out like a bonus ?

ninjaduck
03-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Alterra does not revolve around you. Stuff happens, live with it.

Because it is a well known holiday, I think its all acceptable to promote an item for cheaper than the last year. Also, what if STS had kept Big Luck? You would have complained for no creativity.

fuzzylazer
03-15-2012, 04:04 PM

Thats why you use it on different chars... If you wear 2 big lucks together, that means your wearing 2 vanities at once...

Appleisaac
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
I had a gameboy color for some years. Then, three years later Nintendo introduced the gameboy advance and - believe it or not- they wanted me to pay again to get this upgraded version. :disillusionment: Do I accuse Nintendo for doing so? Noone does!

In the same way it's your decision to get the upgraded version of the big luck; if you don't like it or are happy with the big lucks you already have or think it's a ripoff as there might be an improved version for the next year, there is no need to get it. :)

they could always upgrade the roll rate for the reg. big luck without much effort -_-. Sts's technology did not change at all, and nintendo's did. not really the best example IMO

:) not really sure which side im on for this argument ;) i guess ill just watch it and see how things go :D

Elyseon
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Lol its not that big of a deal, why is everyone so upset? You spent 75 on big luck? After the event is over bigger luck will obviously return as a pricey dotd. Ppl who join later will buy it, then next march they will rage at the release of the Biggest Luck.
When u rage plz do it over a big deal, something like GCD...

zeusabe
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
This goes to show the average age (probably maturity and wisdom altogether) this forum has, in real life, working class people who work and earn each centavo of their salary would go heaven and hell defending their money's worth, here, it's crystal clear that YOU and I were ripped off a year ago and yet the issue gets brushed off. These things happened in the past, and it happened again, why? because of passive people just like in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if another BS pricing tactic comes out again because, anyway, you all will just accept it as it. People would buy anything that moves in this game without thinking, another sign of a young buck (or an adult who has maturity level of a young buck...) of course to the joy of the game, hoooray they say...we have customers who don't give a f@#ck if we rip em off (LOL). I'm not whining because that would also mean I'm being childish, but obviously I have a point here and after seeing responses in this thread, I'm certain that the maturity gap is pretty significant (in my favor) - the political term is opposing. I'm opposing this, because I don't want it to happen again. If you think that I'm opposing for the sake of opposing, then you need to grow up a little more (or a lot), arrogance to deny that another person has a point is really the best way to give away your unripe mind. Even my teen nephew who occasionally plays PL understands what the hell I'm talking about...

PS: I'll call it now, next year's St. Patrick's Day would probably launch another version of big luck which is even BETTER than bigger luck but guess what? It will only be for 10 platinum, yay!....so everyone who bought bigger luck this year (or succeeding DotD), be prepared to feel ripped off, anyway, people gave their seal of approval to be ripped off by this game.

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I am 38 years old. My house, my vette and my land rover are paid for. All these things are cheaper and better than when I bought them now. It is something to do with progress and sale volume. When you start paying for your own stuff you'll see that it happens to everything you ever buy in this rapidly changing society. Get with the program and stop whinning. STS has to make money and no one who bought big luck last year would buy another one for same stats. Its so easy to understand my 9 years old gets it. Come on get real here.

Appleisaac
03-15-2012, 07:24 PM
PS: I'll call it now, next year's St. Patrick's Day would probably launch another version of big luck which is even BETTER than bigger luck but guess what? It will only be for 10 platinum, yay!....so everyone who bought bigger luck this year (or succeeding DotD), be prepared to feel ripped off, anyway, people gave their seal of approval to be ripped off by this game.

your over reacting :-/ thats a whole year away and im sure that the "bigger luck" will cost AT LEAST 75 plat in the dodt after the event is over... :-/

zeusabe
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
I am 38 years old. My house, my vette and my land rover are paid for. All these things are cheaper and better than when I bought them now. It is something to do with progress and sale volume. When you start paying for your own stuff you'll see that it happens to everything you ever buy in this rapidly changing society. Get with the program and stop whinning. STS has to make money and no one who bought big luck last year would buy another one for same stats. Its so easy to understand my 9 years old gets it. Come on get real here.

You're talking about depreciation? I'm sorry but you're totally off the mark. First, we're talking about two different things so there's no depreciation LOL. Either your example is off the mark or you're not getting my point at all. For a house to be cheaper than before, your fair market value/assessed value must be pretty bad back then which means your area is going up as far as real estate (got nothing to do with depreciation nevertheless it's a good thing), with your vette went up in value because of prestige (it takes time), why off the mark you'll ask? First, your examples went up in price as their quality went up, here, bigger luck went up in quality but is actually cheaper than its low tier counterpart LOL, the opposite happened, so your example actually supports my point LOL. Here is a very simple question and I'll alter some of your facts to illustrate my point, what if I tell you that I just bought the same shyet you have plus extra fries (and a swimming pool) for 1/3 of its price a year ago LOL? What, you'll tell me it's OK? You won't go to the realty sales agent who made a lot out of you? You won't complain to your car manufacturer that you just bought a vette with no aircon and car seats for 3 times its cost today? If yes to both, then something's wrong with you, because even an overpriced Big Mac relative to other Mcdonalds stores will get people out the streets (or local news) to protest LOL. The game is not even worth that deep of an analogy because it's just a game...it's simple common sense. Plus, regards the money making? that's no excuse to screw it up...your telling me this phrase is correct: "Back in 2011. We'll charge you more for this lower tier item because we need money now. Fast forward to today (2012), we'll charge you less now for that same item (and an extra fries) because those people we ripped off a year ago paid paid for your dues...shut up, you can't whine, we had to rip you off back in 2011, we need money G...oh and btw, we ripped you off recently you just didn't notice (minotaur > bats any day, so thanks for you people who spent hundreds of plat and being trigger happy with your money, we need money G)..." that's totally the message here, and take note, I could say the item back in 2011 is lower tier since the description says the 2012 one is better LOL. Man, I think people are totally not getting my point LOL except for one maybe...all I could say is, have fun burning your money.

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
You're talking about depreciation? I'm sorry but you're totally off the mark. First, we're talking about two different things so there's no depreciation LOL. You said cheaper, you're claiming you have two identical houses, one you bought earlier and one you bought later, either your example is off the mark or you're not getting my point at all? You claim you have a house and a vette, what if I tell you that I just bought the same shyet for 1/3 of its price? If you tell me that that's ok, then something's wrong with you, because even an overpriced Big Mac relative to other Big Mac stores will get people out the streets to protest LOL. The game does not even worth that deep of an analogy because it's a game (depreciation)...it's simple common sense. Plus, regards the money making? that's no excuse to screw it up...your telling me this phrase is correct: "Back in 2011. We'll charge you more for this lower tier item because we need money now. Fast forward to today, we'll charge you less now for that same item (plus plus) because those people we ripped off a year ago paid for your dues...shut up, you can't whine people who bought the 75 plat, we need money G..." that's totally the message here, and take note, I could say the item back in 2011 is lower tier since the description says the 2012 one is better LOL.

It's not depreciation! Look would you buy a second TV for exactly the same price with exactly the same feature as the TV you bought 3 years ago?

Elyseon
03-15-2012, 08:21 PM

You're talking about depreciation? I'm sorry but you're totally off the mark. First, we're talking about two different things so there's no depreciation LOL. Either your example is off the mark or you're not getting my point at all. For a house to be cheaper than before, your fair market value/assessed value must be pretty bad which means your area is going down as far as real estate (got nothing to do with depreciation nevertheless it's a bad thing), with your vette went down in value because of wear and tear, why off the mark you'll ask? First, your examples went down in price as their quality went down, here, bigger luck went up in quality but is actually cheaper than its low tier counterpart LOL, the opposite happened, so your example actually supports my point LOL. Here is a very simple question, what if I tell you that I just bought the same shyet you have plus extra fries (and a swimming pool) for 1/3 of its price a year ago LOL? What, you'll tell me it's OK? You won't go to the sales agent who made the a lot out of you? You won't complain? If yes to both, then something's wrong with you, because even an overpriced Big Mac relative to other Mcdonalds stores will get people out the streets (or local news) to protest LOL. The game is not even worth that deep of an analogy because it's just a game...it's simple common sense. Plus, regards the money making? that's no excuse to screw it up...your telling me this phrase is correct: "Back in 2011. We'll charge you more for this lower tier item because we need money now. Fast forward to today (2012), we'll charge you less now for that same item (and an extra fries) because those people we ripped off a year ago paid paid for your dues...shut up, you can't whine, we had to rip you off back in 2011, we need money G...oh and btw, we ripped you off recently you just didn't notice (minotaur > bats any day, so screw you people who spend hundreds of plat, we need money G)..." that's totally the message here, and take note, I could say the item back in 2011 is lower tier since the description says the 2012 one is better LOL. Man, I think people are totally not getting by point LOL except for one maybe...all I could say is, have fun burning your parents' money...

Someone's bitter xD

But seriously I think ur logic is a bit off, how do fries relate to a virtual, fake, non-real pair of plants that sit on your fake character's head?
And as for bats or minos, my bats cost 125 plat as dotd, overtime cost me 375 plat to get...and I still like the bats more, they are more realistic imo

Piosidon
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
First of all, I'm assuming people want the luck vanities for better loot. Think about it, you bought big luck before bigger luck so that means you've had a longer chance to use it. Compared to the people that didn't buy it, it'd be 12% chance of re-roll to 0% chance. So you've had like months of 12% re-rolling while others got 0%. Pretty fair IMO.

Lowlyspy
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
This goes to show the average age (probably maturity and wisdom altogether) this forum has, in real life, working class people who work and earn each centavo of their salary would go heaven and hell defending their money's worth, here, it's crystal clear that YOU and I were ripped off a year ago and yet the issue gets brushed off. These things happened in the past, and it happened again, why? because of passive people just like in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if another BS pricing tactic comes out again because, anyway, you all will just accept it as it. People would buy anything that moves in this game without thinking, another sign of a young buck (or an adult who has maturity level of a young buck...) of course to the joy of the game, hoooray they say...we have customers who don't give a f@#ck if we rip em off (LOL). I'm not whining because that would also mean I'm being childish, but obviously I have a point here and after seeing responses in this thread, I'm certain that the maturity gap is pretty significant (in my favor) - the political term is opposing. I'm opposing this, because I don't want it to happen again. If you think that I'm opposing for the sake of opposing, then you need to grow up a little more (or a lot), arrogance to deny that another person has a point is really the best way to give away your unripe mind. Even my teen nephew who occasionally plays PL understands what the hell I'm talking about...

Zeus, you are making yourself look ignorant (actually not surprised about that). Wanna hear something hilarious? Big luck wasn't originally 75 plat, having been there when it was introduced i can assure you it was on the store for 15 (WHOA, cheap right?!) platinum. If anything this year's bigger luck is an increase in price from last year. The only reason that big luck was brought back is because people asked for it back in Samhayne's "What vanities do you want to see back?" thread and since it was brought back out of the event and STS knew people would buy it, it only makes sense they would bring it back for more platinum so they can make money.

zeusabe
03-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Zeus, you are making yourself look ignorant (actually not surprised about that). Wanna hear something hilarious? Big luck wasn't originally 75 plat, having been there when it was introduced i can assure you it was on the store for 15 (WHOA, cheap right?!) platinum. If anything this year's bigger luck is an increase in price from last year. The only reason that big luck was brought back is because people asked for it back in Samhayne's "What vanities do you want to see back?" thread and since it was brought back out of the event and STS knew people would buy it, it only makes sense they would bring it back for more platinum so they can make money.

I'll ignore that you called me ignorant because that makes you happy and that's not what I'm here for. Thanks for clearing that up, I was waiting for someone to comment about the introductory price of big luck in 2011 (unfortunately, I was in hiatus during last year's St. Patty day), thanks for that, If that's the case then I'll admit that I was ignorant about that point, you could have said that in a non-derogatory manner, in any case, point taken. At least that supports my logic though, so, at the end of the day, I still made sense, I just had one info incorrect, sue me.

PS: I'll wait for bigger luck in Dotd, if it's less than 75 platinum, that will destroy your argument and revive mine again. 'Till then.

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Good grief.

Elyseon
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I'll ignore that you called me ignorant because that makes you happy and that's not what I'm here for. Thanks for clearing that up, I was waiting for someone to comment about the introductory price of big luck in 2011 (unfortunately, I was in hiatus during last year's St. Patty day), thanks for that, If that's the case then I'll admit that I was ignorant about that point, you could have said that in a non-derogatory manner, in any case, point taken. At least that supports my logic though, so, at the end of the day, I still made sense, I just had one info incorrect, sue me.

Um your whole point was that PL lowered the price...or thats how you came across, therefore your logic is seriously flawed.

Appleisaac
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't understand why this is such a big debate :-/. STS is selling us a vanity for 25 platinum that increases our drop rates and looks really cool! :D I will deffinetly buy one. Keep in mind... Big love was 30 platinum and it didn't look as cool (IMO) and it didn't increase drop rates... :-/ Another thing you might want to put into consideration is getting free platinum. I always make sure to get at least 3 platinum a day :) that way when a cool vanity (like this) comes along I have enough change for it ;). Also, you now own a discontinued item! (bigluck) :D be proud! If your not going to farm with it anymore because it's been "outdated" then at least wear it in towns :) I know I will! :D

THANK YOU STS :D I am all for cheaper cooler vanities! ;)

Lowlyspy
03-15-2012, 10:00 PM

PS: I'll wait for bigger luck in Dotd, if it's less than 75 platinum, that will destroy your argument and revive mine again. 'Till then.
What amount of sense does it make? How does big luck (during the event last year) being cheaper than bigger luck this year (the exact opposite of your point) prove your point? Please explain this, i am simply baffled at your logic.

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Because when they offer burgers for a dollar he wants a refund on last weeks burgers.

Elysony
03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
I can already see what is going to happen when they recycle the elite vanities.

Yah, I can only imagine how many flame threads we will be ready LOL!

Elyseon
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM

What amount of sense does it make? How does big luck (during the event last year) being cheaper than bigger luck this year (the exact opposite of your point) prove your point? Please explain this, i am simply baffled at your logic.

Exactly,
Also lowly never called you ignorant, maybe you should attempt to show some knowledge before raging and ranting

Delphina
03-15-2012, 10:07 PM
This thread is now locked. Sam answered the question on the first page.

Elysony
03-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Because when they offer burgers for a dollar he wants a refund on last weeks burgers.

You even got my grandma to laugh at that lol!