PDA

View Full Version : Enchanced booting option suggestion

Vapourised
09-18-2020, 04:51 AM
I think we can all agree that there are some players who we boot but then they can come back when the next game changes host. We already have a booting feature to exclude players we do not wish to play with so what o suggest:

Have a ban option where you can add players. These players would then never be able to join the pvp games you host. This way we don’t have to keep booting players again and again. Keep the host of the game the same throughout.

I made this post because people think it’s funny to rush someone with an elite set at endgame but all it does is ruin the fun of others. The same can be said for players who play other levels other than endgame. Sometimes you just want to play with friends as well as other decent folk bar a few people.

Hosting private is a good counterarguement I guess but it doesn’t always gauruntee a full game. Nor would your friends always be available for pvp. It would be nice to play with people who you don’t know as well but who aren’t going to be a pain as well. Hence the advanced booting option.

Hope I made sense. Feel free to suggest tweaks.
Also Cinco feel free to tell me if there any problems with this.
I think it should be relatively straightforward to implement and would be a great QoL feature.

Can we have this at all levels?

Naetheanimal
09-18-2020, 09:15 AM
No thanks, keep booting

XghostzX
09-18-2020, 10:17 AM
No thanks, keep booting

I think it's a fine solution, +1

Islamiyah24
09-18-2020, 11:06 AM
I think we can all agree that there are some players who we boot but then they can come back when the next game changes host. We already have a booting feature to exclude players we do not wish to play with so what o suggest:

Have a ban option where you can add players. These players would then never be able to join the pvp games you host. This way we don’t have to keep booting players again and again. Keep the host of the game the same throughout.

I made this post because people think it’s funny to rush someone with an elite set at endgame but all it does is ruin the fun of others. The same can be said for players who play other levels other than endgame. Sometimes you just want to play with friends as well as other decent folk bar a few people.

Hosting private is a good counterarguement I guess but it doesn’t always gauruntee a full game. Nor would your friends always be available for pvp. It would be nice to play with people who you don’t know as well but who aren’t going to be a pain as well. Hence the advanced booting option.

Hope I made sense. Feel free to suggest tweaks.
Also Cinco feel free to tell me if there any problems with this.
I think it should be relatively straightforward to implement and would be a great QoL feature.

Can we have this at all levels?

Tbh it's a good suggestion but separating the map of l100 and l105 honor is the best way
It's because if you boot them, yes they can't join anymore but the problem is they can still merge the game host while in separate map if you merge it's still fair because everyone is using the same honor sets.

Devaux
09-19-2020, 10:48 AM
Just make the game private ehh??????

Traj
09-19-2020, 02:25 PM
No then I won't be able to join 80% of pvp games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapourised
09-19-2020, 03:57 PM
Just make the game private ehh??????

I believe I addressed the issue of private games in the original post. Should have read it instead of just the title and posting stuff like this.

Vapourised
09-19-2020, 04:01 PM
Tbh it's a good suggestion but separating the map of l100 and l105 honor is the best way
It's because if you boot them, yes they can't join anymore but the problem is they can still merge the game host while in separate map if you merge it's still fair because everyone is using the same honor sets.

Insightful post. Ty for sharing. However, endgame is not the only level people play. Sometimes you see people playing L45 twink pvp but some L50 nub/troll decides to boost with QTR. The change I propose would quite literally kill 2 birds with one stone. Yes you’re right about merging. I’m not sure how to get around it but I’m interested d into why this was never fixed in the 10 years PL has existed.

Vapourised
09-21-2020, 02:03 PM
I don't like bumping threads so sorry everyone but need a response from Cinco so I'm not left in the dark.

@Cinco is this suggestion feasible?

Devaux
09-21-2020, 03:06 PM
I believe I addressed the issue of private games in the original post. Should have read it instead of just the title and posting stuff like this.

Oh quit beint so sensitive sheesh

Waug
09-22-2020, 06:32 AM
If the new spwn system was never reverted back, which can lead upto 7 respwn consecutively same location (Didn't count more bcz rage quit already on cinco XD after that ), there's something like 0.0000001% chance something new of these type happening near future.

Time to find that person who suggested the change in spwn system.