PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think about dummy farming? Ft. Afbi

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 05:07 AM
As title states. A lot of you might say that it doesn’t matter anymore, but imo it is equal to botting, since you basically do 0 effort in order to accomplish the APs, in my opinion it is and stay cheating. As I am not allowed to mention ign’s in the post itself, hereby I present you: another APs cheater confirmed, he/she doesn’t deserves to be at the lb :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/875104acfdd23b9d50a8c9b40cc79486.jpg

Idk how to upload video’s here, if anyone is interested in the video lmk :)

Ilove_Poopoo
09-18-2020, 05:29 AM
As title states. A lot of you might say that it doesn’t matter anymore, but imo it is equal to botting, since you basically do 0 effort in order to accomplish the APs, in my opinion it is and stay cheating. As I am not allowed to mention ign’s in the post itself, hereby I present you: another APs cheater confirmed, he/she doesn’t deserves to be at the lb :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/875104acfdd23b9d50a8c9b40cc79486.jpg

Idk how to upload video’s here, if anyone is interested in the video lmk :)Botting if he uses a 3rd party software that does tasks for you, in this case he isn't, nor is dummy farming considered botting.

Back then people used to call out flaggers for cheating, but as the time passes it has been accepted by all. Perhaps its time to accept that dummy farming isn't cheating because everyone can do them, only difference is the purpose of the aps aren't suppose to be acquired this way.

The problem is STS not removing them back then.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 05:44 AM
Botting if he uses a 3rd party software that does tasks for you, in this case he isn't, nor is dummy farming considered botting.

Back then people used to call out flaggers for cheating, but as the time passes it has been accepted by all. Perhaps its time to accept that dummy farming isn't cheating because everyone can do them, only difference is the purpose of the aps aren't suppose to be acquired this way.

The problem is STS not removing them back then.

Yes correct, but imo these people do not deserve to be at the lb, he may take the spot of a legit player. And dummy farming is cheating .-. .. A kdr reset would be nice for people like that, so they know they wasted their time w dummying.

Ilove_Poopoo
09-18-2020, 05:50 AM
Yes correct, but imo these people do not deserve to be at the lb, he may take the spot of a legit player. And dummy farming is cheating .-. .. A kdr reset would be nice for people like that, so they know they wasted their time w dummying.I mean, with that logic of yours then the same can be said to flaggers? Its still technically cheating since the content isn't played as intended?

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 05:53 AM
Does that mean the same can be said to flaggers? Its still technically cheating since the content isn't played as intended?

Flagging is different imo, because in order to get kills you must be able to make them. In order to get flags, you do not have to do anything at all.. just running.. that’s a clear difference between flags and ctf/tdm kills..

Basically dummy farmers and botters are the reason why STS removed the LB’s of PvP along with the drama aside it. So I do not think this should be “accepted”. Tons of players who play legit might be not able to make it because of a dummy farmer or botter to the lb. Think about that ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ilove_Poopoo
09-18-2020, 05:57 AM
Flagging is different imo, because in order to get kills you must be able to make them. In order to get flags, you do not have to do anything at all.. just running.. that’s a clear difference between flags and ctf/tdm kills..

Basically dummy farmers and botters are the reason why STS removed the LB’s of PvP along with the drama aside it. So I do not think this should be “accepted”. Tons of players who play legit might be not able to make it because of a dummy farmer or botter to the lb. Think about that ...

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou're missing the point. The sole purpose of CTF is for both teams to protect their flags, thats what CTF means in all games, also the reason why u need 3 players each side to open a map. But seeing how easy it is to cheat the system like how pvp kills are, players would ofc choose the easy route.

Nontheless, if pvp kills are considered cheating, flagging aswell. Since both aren't played as intended. But I assume you did flags with a partner aswell, hence why you disagree.

Analytical
09-18-2020, 05:59 AM
No point arguing here when sts themselves didn't make a definitive stand against dummy farming specifically

Tho it was mentioned that anything that destroys players experience is a bannable offence, this vague statement allows a lot of space for behaviours which currently lies in the grey area and depending on individuals may be acceptable or not at all.

Imo Sts typically turns a blind eye towards complains like these as there's no incentive for them to make a stand and go against either players who fall under the category of dummy farming or legit pvp.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 05:59 AM
You're missing the point. The sole purpose of CTF is for both teams to protect their flags, thats what CTF means in all games, also the reason why u need 3 players each side to open a map. But seeing how easy it is to cheat the system like how pvp kills are, players would ofc choose the easy route.

Nontheless, if pvp kills are considered cheating, flagging aswell. Since both aren't played as intended. But I assume you did flags with a partner aswell, hence why you disagree.

Honestly I haven’t done flags. I did flags in cap 41 (only a thousand), the time when there were legit players and epic clashes were faced.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 06:01 AM
No point arguing here when sts themselves didn't make a definitive stand against dummy farming specifically

Tho it was mentioned that anything that destroys players experience is a bannable offence, this vague statement allows a lot of space for behaviours which currently lies in the grey area and depending on individuals may be acceptable or not at all.

Imo Sts typically turns a blind eye towards complains like these as there's no incentive for them to make a stand and go against either players who fall under the category of dummy farming or legit pvp.

Unfortunately yeah.

QuaseT
09-18-2020, 06:04 AM
How do you expect hardcore players to obtain pvp aps if there is basically nobody playing it? How would you handle that?

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 06:09 AM
How do you expect hardcore players to obtain pvp aps if there is basically nobody playing it? How would you handle that?

Maybe as we all did a long time ago? Arrange clashes maybe? An APS isn’t there to cheat..
There are multiple ways that lead to Rome, but dummy farming ain’t the correct one. And y’all know that too lol..

Enraged
09-18-2020, 06:40 AM
Oh come on lol we all know barely anyone is legit in that cheaterboard. Don't be such a hypocrite. It has been like that since the beginning, why complain now? I'm not trying to defend him in any way but if STS is going remove dummy farmers from that lb, you'd be surprised how many... some are even being catered by numerous lb guilds....(I'm not going to mention any, cuz it's pretty obvious)

Best thing you can do when u see something like this is to ks them or farm them if you're geared enough...just sayin.

goodmorningbans01
09-18-2020, 06:45 AM
how can u say it's 0 effort lmao, I've been with this war and Qua on some aps run what is 0 effort on that? 0 effort when you play bunch of time getting aps? salty kid..

QuaseT
09-18-2020, 07:08 AM
Maybe as we all did a long time ago? Arrange clashes maybe? An APS isn’t there to cheat..
There are multiple ways that lead to Rome, but dummy farming ain’t the correct one. And y’all know that too lol..

Ok Ill grab the approx 20 pve players with gear for 76 hc pvp and origanize clashes till I personally have enough kills just to be on top of the same people I have invited. Nobody would organize or join that for aps purposes. Theres not even something such as a team thats set up for pvp in hc.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 07:09 AM
how can u say it's 0 effort lmao, I've been with this war and Qua on some aps run what is 0 effort on that? 0 effort when you play bunch of time getting aps? salty kid..

Dummy farming compared to a legit pvp player, this is 0 effort. And the time to dummy is maybe 0.1% of the time to get that APs in a legit way. That’s nothing to do with saltiness, that’s just stating facts.

And APs should be earned by hard work, an Achievement, as it is called. Not by simply being lazy and or bcs u do not have the skill/gear in order to complete so.. that’s cheating.. and that won’t change.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 07:12 AM
Ok Ill grab the approx 20 pve players with gear for 76 hc pvp and origanize clashes till I personally have enough kills just to be on top of the same people I have invited. Nobody would organize or join that for aps purposes. Theres not even something such as a team thats set up for pvp in hc.

No one forced you to go to hardcore..
and tbh I am talking about regular pvp as you can see .. not hardcore.

It is funny to see how many people are against reporting those people. Would it bring y’alls own APs in danger if STS does focus at it? And not only regarding flags and pvp ..

QuaseT
09-18-2020, 07:23 AM
No one forced you to go to hardcore..
and tbh I am talking about regular pvp as you can see .. not hardcore.

It is funny to see how many people are against reporting those people. Would it bring y’alls own APs in danger if STS does focus at it? And not only regarding flags and pvp ..Because it would not be fair 8 years after the release of pvp. Either sts takes bans more serious now, making it unfair for newer players to compete in lb with all those "dummy farmers". Or you try to make it fair by banning/reseting old dummy farming which is not realistic at this point, there will be some left who actually cheated and there will soe get reset who did not cheat. You are making it worse for the top players lb as it is.
And for pvp it doesnt make a difference bc for the ranked lb kills/deaths stats dont matter.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 07:27 AM
Because it would not be fair 8 years after the release of pvp. Either sts takes bans more serious now, making it unfair for newer players to compete in lb with all those "dummy farmers". Or you try to make it fair by banning old dummy farming which is not realistic at this point, there will be some left who actually cheated and there will soe get reset who did not cheat. You are making it worse for the top players lb as it is.
And for pvp it doesnt make a difference bc for the ranked lb kills/deaths stats dont matter.

Ah bro the game is more easier than it ever was.. you cannot say that atm it is hard for the lb players.

Op gear is easier to get, everyone can afford arcanes now a days, the implementation of speedset made APs the most easiest thing ever.

And yes, by banning all old dummy farmers would be an option, then at least everyone would be judged correctly. I think this shouldnt be a problem to u, unless u aren’t legit?

Fyi* pvp didnt got released at the beginning. It came during cap 21 and 26, so that’s between 6 and 7 years.

GucciBang
09-18-2020, 07:30 AM
idc about dummy farmers, cuz its the only way nowdays to get aps kills

Enviado de meu SM-J810M usando o Tapatalk

QuaseT
09-18-2020, 07:39 AM
Ah bro the game is more easier than it ever was.. you cannot say that atm it is hard for the lb players.

Op gear is easier to get, everyone can afford arcanes now a days, the implementation of speedset made APs the most easiest thing ever.

And yes, by banning all old dummy farmers would be an option, then at least everyone would be judged correctly. I think this shouldnt be a problem to u, unless u aren’t legit?

Fyi* pvp didnt got released at the beginning. It came during cap 21 and 26, so that’s between 6 and 7 years.It is not the point if somebody dummy farmed or not. The point is even IF somebody cheated 7 years ago how do you want to prove that? You might get one or two but you cant make it fair and then the two solutions I mentioned become unfair suddenly.
Pvp was released march 2013, I just checked.

arcanefid
09-18-2020, 08:13 AM

Flagging with yourself, or flagging with someone who won't attack you because you're just doing it for the APs is the same as dummy farming, or paying someone to kill them and get the APs faster. All those are wrong.

I think it's time for STS to just remove those APs (give titles or banners for each AP so they don't have their time 'wasted') and also make them not count for guild ranking, because as someone mentioned here, some guilds will help their members with dummy farming just to get a better ranking.

STS says that something is ban-worthy if it ruins the game of others, I don't see this happening, even though I (and other fair players) keep going down in LB because of those people.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 08:15 AM
Flagging with yourself, or flagging with someone who won't attack you because you're just doing it for the APs is the same as dummy farming, or paying someone to kill them and get the APs faster. All those are wrong.

I think it's time for STS to just remove those APs (give titles or banners for each AP so they don't have their time 'wasted') and also make them not count for guild ranking, because as someone mentioned here, some guilds will help their members with dummy farming just to get a better ranking.

STS says that something is ban-worthy if it ruins the game of others, I don't see this happening, even though I (and other fair players) keep going down in LB because of those people.

I couldn’t agree more.

gilsooon
09-18-2020, 09:45 AM
It is just 300 aps right? Why is it an issue for lb.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 09:45 AM

I think PvP is a little bit way more than 300 APs only lol

gilsooon
09-18-2020, 09:52 AM
I think PvP is a little bit way more than 300 APs only lol

10-500 kills its not even an effort the real aps is 1k 5k 10k and anyway its certain that its almost impossible to have 10k kills rn well you can try tdm and you get 10k deaths achievement.

Inspiron
09-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Sts don't do anything to cheaters tho, they just let them roam around freely others still in LB or gm of some sort. Hmm

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

snakeeyes
09-18-2020, 10:58 AM
I know dev will answer us soon about that kind of cheat but the other say thats not cheat because they are doing that too. It can happen for example he has 4 device then he log in hes main acc the other is dummy he kill all his dummy to add on kill list then after day or a week hes ign will read at the lb bulletin board

gilsooon
09-18-2020, 11:26 AM
I know dev will answer us soon about that kind of cheat but the other say thats not cheat because they are doing that too. It can happen for example he has 4 device then he log in hes main acc the other is dummy he kill all his dummy to add on kill list then after day or a week hes ign will read at the lb bulletin board

Theres lb for most pvp kills?

snakeeyes
09-18-2020, 12:40 PM
Its a big advantage when you do dummy farm on aps it will affect the lb top like seasonal.

arcanefid
09-18-2020, 04:10 PM

It is an issue because once you complete all the PVE APs, then there are only PvP ones left. A fair player would have to spend months to get 10,000 legit kills, and probably centuries to get 10,000 flags.

For example, I have all the PVE APs, and I'm like 18th or something in LB. Last few months I've been going in PVP maps at least once a day to find someone to fight, and it's been mostly empty. Sometimes when someone is there, they just leave when I enter, or I get a kill and they're gone. I think I got a grand total of like 10 PVP kills in 2020.

To sum it up, I will probably need to 'cheat' to stay in LB this season, like *all* those warriors that passed me last few months.

Nexior
09-18-2020, 04:32 PM
Runagain shame :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Saint Jaffo
09-18-2020, 04:37 PM
People use dummy for duels, kills in TDM and flags on CTF for APS, this is nothing new. You can consider this as a "cheat" for LB, but don't forget there's also people who buy LB spots aka accounts and they are still active. Considering that I don't think STS will take any measure towards dummy farming.

arcanefid
09-18-2020, 04:54 PM
People use dummy for duels, kills in TDM and flags on CTF for APS, this is nothing new. You can consider this as a "cheat" for LB, but don't forget there's also people who buy LB spots aka accounts and they are still active. Considering that I don't think STS will take any measure towards dummy farming.

In one of the seasons I was overtaken in the last day of the season by dummy farmers, sent proof to Justg (videos and stuff), nothing was done. Never really cared about it since then, but I still post in these kind of threads when I see them. XD

Saint Jaffo
09-18-2020, 04:57 PM
In one of the seasons I was overtaken in the last day of the season by dummy farmers, sent proof to Justg (videos and stuff), nothing was done. Never really cared about it since then, but I still post in these kind of threads when I see them. XD

Yeah I get you man, honestly I like to see what other people thinks about this topic even tho STS had already clarified them or they just ignore them. At least I learn a couple of things every day from people complaining about different things.

capeo
09-18-2020, 05:22 PM
While I would love it if more people earned their kills and flagging clashes are lots of fun it's just not realistic for most people. I don't blame people for dummy farming and you can't get flags the old fashioned way now. Hard to even clash in there unless you arrange it before hand. As long as there is an "easy" way to do it people will take advantage. In the end the only person it matters to is you. My kills and deaths count the same as a dummy farmers. It's my choice for myself to do it the hard way. Knowing what is waiting at end game pvp I don't blame people for dummy farming. As long as it's an option people will do it. One million of these threads and it's always the same. That's why there is a sticky in pvp section about it.