PDA

View Full Version : Bot Running on Dragkin Vanity Store

Zeus
09-18-2020, 08:12 AM
It seems like there is a bot running on the new Dragkin Vanities to purchase them. They are insta-gone within 1 second of release. I think, to fix this - there should be randomized release times rather than what is going on right now. With this level of predictability, it is too easy to run a bot to mass purchase the vanities.

GucciBang
09-18-2020, 08:16 AM
one purchase per person would be great

Enviado de meu SM-J810M usando o Tapatalk

Zeus
09-18-2020, 08:17 AM

That would also be a great limitation.

Overbear
09-18-2020, 08:18 AM
I agree with the one purchase per person, that seems fair and will deter botting. If people are botting it, they can still get arround with multiple accounts or whatever, but not many people have those (atleast with trading unlocked) so it should be good overall!

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 08:20 AM
Yes it does goes away fast, I agree. I managed to get one earlier today, but also didn’t managed to get one last night (both times by tapping with my fingers of course). A purchase limitation would help indeed! +1

Mojos
09-18-2020, 08:33 AM
+1000000

please fix this...
tried purchasing one but its sold out in an instant, didn't even see the buy button.

|Ares|
09-18-2020, 08:49 AM
It automatically changes from 0 to Sold Out when time comes. Something really has to be done with restrictions regarding quantity of available purchases per account/person or so.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 09:06 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/e6cef8e62c8330cc111a5cf41ccac805.jpg

Well it is possible xD my ping is 130-210

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus
09-18-2020, 09:08 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/e6cef8e62c8330cc111a5cf41ccac805.jpg

Well it is possible xD my ping is 130-210

I bought 5 in same time, it still doesn't change the fact a bot is running on this. It's clear that it is.

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 09:09 AM
I bought 5 in same time, it still doesn't change the fact a bot is running on this. It's clear that it is.

Yep, it gets sold out too fast.

Willl
09-18-2020, 09:10 AM
How many pieces are available every 2h?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Darkrai
09-18-2020, 09:13 AM

Second this, how many are there each 2h?

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 09:14 AM

10 pieces of each class, 30 in total of all three classes together.

-10 rogue
-10 mage
-10 war

Mythocrisis
09-18-2020, 09:16 AM

If you bought 5 yourself, that's a deterrent to what you're suggesting.
If a set of people just like you bought 5-6 pieces at a time ,it's evident it'll be out before you know it.

Plus the people are buying it with paid currency, so first come first serve basis.

Zeus
09-18-2020, 09:22 AM
If you bought 5 yourself, that's a deterrent to what you're suggesting.
If a set of people just like you bought 5-6 pieces at a time ,it's evident it'll be out before you know it.

Plus the people are buying it with paid currency, so first come first serve basis.

People are buying out to have a monopoly since there will be 300 of them. STG can't change the quantity since there was a hard limit put but what they can do is randomize so people aren't running bots. I have 20-40 ping, so I can spam buy like nobody else.

Roycedamagnet
09-18-2020, 09:31 AM
+1 to limiting purchases per account for each vanity. People still might try to buy from another account but atleast limiting purchases would help give everyone a fair chance. I'm sick and tired of waiting every 2 hours to watch it run out in less than 0.1 seconds smh. Rn, I'm just doing it for the sake of it lol. Almost like there's no point in trying.

Overbear
09-18-2020, 09:32 AM
I got 30 ping but no plat to buy rip

Gardenthief
09-18-2020, 09:37 AM
I think the issue of people using bots to buy out limited items from the store deserves a discussion on its own. This has been ongoing for quite a while now not only for Dragkin vanities, but also for other event-limited items in the store.

Zeus
09-18-2020, 09:42 AM
I think the issue of people using bots to buy out limited items from the store deserves a discussion on its own. This has been ongoing for quite a while now not only for Dragkin vanities, but also for other event-limited items in the store.

I agree, but this was the latest thing so I figured I'd make a topic on it. There should be some bot-deterrent in place.

IExposedYou
09-18-2020, 10:02 AM
There are a lot of players trying to buy.
This is what helps me get two vanities two times.
When countdown reaches 15s, click on the item you want to buy and start smashing the “sold” button as fast as you can. It’ll change to “buy” while you smash that button and you get 1-2.
I use a phone and my ping is 30-60 if that matters

Zeus
09-18-2020, 10:05 AM
There are a lot of players trying to buy.
This is what helps me get two vanities two times.
When countdown reaches 15s, click on the item you want to buy and start smashing the “sold” button as fast as you can. It’ll change to “buy” while you smash that button and you get 1-2.
I use a phone and my ping is 30-60 if that matters

The ping does matter but as far as I'm aware, you can't stay in store. The button doesn't refresh when timer hits 0 automatically.

IExposedYou
09-18-2020, 10:05 AM
The ping does matter but as far as I'm aware, you can't stay in store. The button doesn't refresh when timer hits 0 automatically.

It changes for me on an iPhone.

Zeus
09-18-2020, 10:08 AM

Maybe different platforms load things differently. I know this is the case for performance reasons.

IExposedYou
09-18-2020, 10:13 AM

I think I know the issue you’re having. Don’t enter the store more than 30s before countdown hits 0.
Idky but if I do that I need to refresh the store.
So instead I click the store 15s before cooldown and the button refreshes. This works for me every time

ThreadPolice
09-18-2020, 10:13 AM

For me too

Willl
09-18-2020, 10:32 AM
Maybe they could extend this sale till the end of event and not just this weekend since this vanity is so wanted.

Guess this way yall happy (apart hoarders, merchers).

Zeus
09-18-2020, 10:34 AM
Maybe they could extend this sale till the end of event and not just this weekend since this vanity is so wanted.

Guess this way yall happy (apart hoarders merchers).

Well, no. Half the reason the vanity sells is because of the limited quantity. You don't release stuff as limited then make more quantity. That's called baiting and switching the customer. You shouldn't take it that far. There should be equal chance to buy this though. So, limit of 1 per account at the time of sale.

Willl
09-18-2020, 10:39 AM
Well, no. Half the reason the vanity sells is because of the limited quantity. You don't release stuff as limited then make more quantity. That's called baiting and switching the customer. You shouldn't take it that far. There should be equal chance to buy this though. So, limit of 1 per account at the time of sale.In the past sts changed already decisions they made approximately in the same time just to accomplish community ideas.

It's all about points of views on what gonna be more fair as change. Cause many people already bought many sets, would be unfair put limits per account right now.. (Cause some already hoarded) And so on for every new limits.

Extend the number of sets would just make complain the people who rushed buy them in not even 24 hours.. (I mean for me this is the "unfair" change that gonna affect less amount of people. Well how many players lost gold by rushing buying an item just released? I think it happened at least once to any of us.

Zeus
09-18-2020, 10:55 AM
In the past sts changed already decisions they made approximately in the same time just to accomplish community ideas.

It's all about points of views on what gonna be more fair as change. Cause many people already bought many sets, would be unfair put limits per account right now.. (Cause some already hoarded) And so on for every new limits.

Extend the number of sets would just make complain the people who rushed buy them in not even 24 hours.. (I mean for me this is the "unfair" change that gonna affect less amount of people. Well how many players lost gold by rushing buying an item just released? I think it happened at least once to any of us.

If you burn your paying customers, you risk losing them as a customer completely.

Midgard_papa
09-18-2020, 11:14 AM

Enviado de meu SM-J810M usando o Tapatalk+1

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Tackled
09-18-2020, 11:22 AM
That’s what happens when you have limited sets I don’t think botting is going on here, there are players that just spend big bucks to purchase these things bc it’ll be on the rise after Sunday. 5 sets though nice one

Analytical
09-18-2020, 11:27 AM

Disagree, here me out.

Tho I'm not sure how many plat players are in the game right now, this would mean big plat spenders (which account for a large portion of sts sales) won't be able to purchase more quantities.

What zeus suggested was a rather middle ground solution, which is to limit the purchase to 1 per account per 2 hours window. Meaning, for the next 2 hours, the same account can still buy another set but will be limited to one set per rotation.

Ideally this should implore a larger proportion of newer plat players and encourage them to buy more plats rather than relying soly on the veteran plat players and feeding more on their greed and their need to drive up prices by being a monopoly. Of course this suggestion also tackles the problem of possible bots-buy all together.

PostNoob
09-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Disagree, here me out.

Tho I'm not sure how many plat players are in the game right now, this would mean big plat spenders (which account for a large portion of sts sales) won't be able to purchase more quantities.

What zeus suggested was a rather middle ground solution, which is to limit the purchase to 1 per account per 2 hours window. Meaning, for the next 2 hours, the same account can still buy another set but will be limited to one set per rotation.

Ideally this should implore a larger proportion of newer plat players and encourage them to buy more plats rather than relying soly on the veteran plat players and feeding more on their greed and their need to drive up prices by being a monopoly. Of course this suggestion also tackles the problem of possible bots-buy all together.

Quite sure they meant 1 purchase per person/Hr. Not for the entirety of the sale.

At least put a cooldown on the ability to purchase these rare vanities..even 10 seconds...

Fliie
09-18-2020, 12:16 PM
ik this might to difficult to grasp, but picture more than 1 person buying the vanities at a time?

Zeus
09-18-2020, 12:27 PM
ik this might to difficult to grasp, but picture more than 1 person buying the vanities at a time?

I've accounted for that, it contributes but there also are bots going on.

Bundlos
09-18-2020, 12:41 PM

I've already seen someone's inventory with at least 10+ and counting of the same item. Not possible that only some are able to mass purchase while others struggle to get hold of even 1. Bots at play for sure

Oakmaiden
09-18-2020, 04:04 PM
My tab never said buy just sold. Yeah should be a delay, then someone won’t get 5 at a time. Js..