PDA

View Full Version : Security Improvements - Authorization Codes for New Devices

Cinco
09-18-2020, 03:41 PM
Greetings, Legends!

In the interest of improving security for your Spacetime Studios game account(s), we have made some important changes. Many of you have already noticed these updates (which rolled out a little while ago), but I wanted to take a moment to briefly outline what has changed.

When you log in to your Spacetime Studios account from a new device (a PC, phone, or tablet that is not already associated with your game account), you must request a device authorization code. This code is sent to the email address associated with your Spacetime Studios account. When you receive this code you must enter it in the authorization window to 'authorize' the new device.

You'll see something like this:

To Authorize a New Device
- Tap the "Email me an Authorization Code" button to have the game generate a unique random code and send it to your email.
- Go to your email Inbox and look for the "Spacetime Account Device Authorization Request" sent to you from Spacetime Studios Support.
- Locate the six-digit authorization code in the body of the email. It will read something like this: "Your Authorization Code is: XXXXXX"
- Return to the game and enter the six-digit code in the 'Authorization Code' window.
- Tap the "Authorize Device" button and you're good to go!

So when you buy your new ultra-hot PC, or when get that new awesome gaming tablet or your T-9000 liquid metal phone, and you fire-up your favorite Legends game remember: you'll need to request a secret authorization code, and that this code will be sent to your email address.

Best wishes!

BloodBats
09-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Let’s gooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anduan
09-18-2020, 03:46 PM
Nice

Enviado desde mi SM-A715F mediante Tapatalk

Daughter
09-18-2020, 03:47 PM
Still got hacked by that way and get no help[emoji2372]

Midgard_papa
09-18-2020, 03:49 PM
Ty

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Encryptions
09-18-2020, 03:50 PM
Still got hacked by that way and get no help[emoji2372]Has to be your fault if you get "hacked" after this update.

Ty @Cinco , this is the update we were asking for! Now if someone gets "hacked" thats their own fault.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Scll
09-18-2020, 03:53 PM
I'm not a fan of this game developers, but this is the best update to this date. Thank u.

picklewickles
09-18-2020, 03:54 PM
if an email is hacked this won't work, i think a 2fa would be the most secure way to login, but thanks anyways for the update

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Cinco
09-18-2020, 04:01 PM
if an email is hacked this won't work, i think a 2fa would be the most secure way to login, but thanks anyways for the update

Indeed - and I'm sure nobody needs to be reminded to keep their personal email secure.
If you've lost control of your primary email I'd say you have much bigger issues than any game might encompass.
Stay safe out there and online, my friends! :-)

GucciBang
09-18-2020, 04:23 PM
nice

Enviado de meu SM-J810M usando o Tapatalk

Noceur
09-18-2020, 05:12 PM
Yeah no you can still get hacked this way if they also hack your Gmail.

picklewickles
09-18-2020, 05:22 PM
Yeah no you can still get hacked this way if they also hack your Gmail.i already said this, best way to avoid this is use a different password at your email than your other accounts

Cinco
09-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Yeah no you can still get hacked this way if they also hack your Gmail.

Google provides a rather comprehensive guide to maintaining the security of your GMail. Check it out by Googling “gmail security,” or by going to your account settings in GMail.

kersey
09-18-2020, 05:48 PM
Yeah no you can still get hacked this way if they also hack your Gmail.Always enable 2-factor authentication in all online accounts. That's the basic rule now.

PostNoob
09-18-2020, 05:50 PM
What would you suggest for people who made their accounts/email like 9 years ago and can't get back into the email they used...

Tackled
09-18-2020, 05:54 PM
LETS GOOOO I love this secure accounts all the way around. Lockdown mode initiated

Futumsh
09-18-2020, 05:57 PM
What would you suggest for people who made their accounts/email like 9 years ago and can't get back into the email they used...

If you still have a device that is authorized to log in, just change your email in game to one you have access to (nexus -> my account -> modify account).
Otherwise, contact support, prove to them that it has always been your account, and get them to change the email to one you do have access to.

https://support.spacetimestudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or email support@spacetimestudios.com

ThiccThots
09-18-2020, 06:02 PM
This is huge thank you devs[emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Warzone
09-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Maybe don't trust ppl enough on dl to give acct info problem solved

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Warzone
09-18-2020, 06:48 PM
Oops wrong game sry lol

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

themythrise
09-18-2020, 11:25 PM
Greetings, Legends!

In the interest of improving security for your Spacetime Studios game account(s), we have made some important changes. Many of you have already noticed these updates (which rolled out a little while ago), but I wanted to take a moment to briefly outline what has changed.

When you log in to your Spacetime Studios account from a new device (a PC, phone, or tablet that is not already associated with your game account), you must request a device authorization code. This code is sent to the email address associated with your Spacetime Studios account. When you receive this code you must enter it in the authorization window to 'authorize' the new device.

You'll see something like this:

To Authorize a New Device
- Tap the "Email me an Authorization Code" button to have the game generate a unique random code and send it to your email.
- Go to your email Inbox and look for the "Spacetime Account Device Authorization Request" sent to you from Spacetime Studios Support.
- Locate the six-digit authorization code in the body of the email. It will read something like this: "Your Authorization Code is: XXXXXX"
- Return to the game and enter the six-digit code in the 'Authorization Code' window.
- Tap the "Authorize Device" button and you're good to go!

So when you buy your new ultra-hot PC, or when get that new awesome gaming tablet or your T-9000 liquid metal phone, and you fire-up your favorite Legends game remember: you'll need to request a secret authorization code, and that this code will be sent to your email address.

Best wishes!This is great update. Now many accounts registered with fake email id will be vanished forever. This will also allows more security to STS. Great move!!! Cinco

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Nouts
09-19-2020, 08:42 AM
Example : I logged into my account on the computer and used the code, now I want to access it from my tablet. when can i order another code? or is the same valid during the period to request another?

Enviado de meu SM-A205G usando o Tapatalk

profmsb
09-20-2020, 09:02 AM
nice....can prevent an illegal acc selling n buying using cash...but can prevent those that dont violate t.o.s when using new device or sometime using pc...ty for the consideration

Futumsh
09-20-2020, 12:04 PM
Example : I logged into my account on the computer and used the code, now I want to access it from my tablet. when can i order another code? or is the same valid during the period to request another?

If you used the code to authorize a device, it doesn't count against the limit. You can't use the same code though, request one from the device to authorize.

Willl
09-21-2020, 06:24 AM
Uhmm I ve tried install new broswer cause on chrome Arcane legends wasnt working anymore (cause of the outdated device). I installed firefox and logged in AL with always same device, they asked me authentication code, is it normal even if the device is still the same?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Futumsh
09-21-2020, 06:02 PM
Uhmm I ve tried install new broswer cause on chrome Arcane legends wasnt working anymore (cause of the outdated device). I installed firefox and logged in AL with always same device, they asked me authentication code, is it normal even if the device is still the same?

Yes - on web the 'device' is just identified by a generated id that is stored, and browsers don't share storage with each other.

Archugejackmen
09-21-2020, 06:05 PM
Hi, I have a question. If my account is bound via my Facebook account, does this change still apply to me?

Futumsh
09-21-2020, 06:30 PM
Hi, I have a question. If my account is bound via my Facebook account, does this change still apply to me?

No, this is only for email/password based accounts.

snakeeyes
09-22-2020, 06:41 PM
*What if i cannot open my email it is 2014 last i open it? Can i change my email on my account?

snakeeyes
09-22-2020, 07:01 PM
*What if i cannot open my email it is 2014 last i open it? Can i change my email on my account?

I allready change thanks my 2 2014 account is secure now

Tchrwitch
09-22-2020, 08:38 PM
Why Signing an Account to Google Chrome now doesn't work anymore any Solution for this ? I cant Log-In my Account [emoji28]

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Tchrwitch
09-22-2020, 09:12 PM
Nvm i use an another Browser to Sign-In my Account and it works. But i Have Question why Signing an Account to Google Chrome doesn't work anymore ? That Browser always i been use when accessing my Account. [emoji28]

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

intruders
09-22-2020, 10:55 PM
Important update indeed.

But my alt account which I barely used got forever ban after I requested code and then didn't finish verification immediately as I got distracted back then. Few days later I tried to use same code to complete verification and it didn't work as code expired. Then I requested another code and right after I used it I saw a message saying account is banned forever.

I contacted support but all they said is that my account been reviewed and banned due to "being associated with exploitative accounts" and ban will remain which is not fair as I never tried to exploit the game.

I don't know why on earth I was even asked for verification as I been using that device for years.

Just letting everyone know and wonder if anyone else had similar experience.

Inspiron
09-23-2020, 10:29 AM
How about our old accounts when email verification is not even a thing?

Can we have the option of turning the email verification on/off?

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Futumsh
09-23-2020, 01:41 PM
How about our old accounts when email verification is not even a thing?

Can we have the option of turning the email verification on/off?

No, you cannot have that option.

If you still have a device that you can log into the account from, change it to an email address you have access to in game (nexus -> my account -> modify account). If you don't, then contact support and prove to them that it has always been your account, and they can change it for you.

Ehus
09-23-2020, 05:57 PM
I ise it for my account. But it cant put it in. And then the announce said it was too many request code :). Would u help me?

ArianaGrande22
09-23-2020, 11:03 PM
Indeed - and I'm sure nobody needs to be reminded to keep their personal email secure.
If you've lost control of your primary email I'd say you have much bigger issues than any game might encompass.
Stay safe out there and online, my friends! :-)

How about my acc connect already on my fb acc do i still need the code?

Futumsh
09-24-2020, 04:48 PM
I ise it for my account. But it cant put it in. And then the announce said it was too many request code :). Would u help me?

Wait 24 hours since you've made too many requests. Hit the button to request a code *once*. Get the code from the email and enter it.

Futumsh
09-24-2020, 04:49 PM
How about my acc connect already on my fb acc do i still need the code?

No, this is not for 3rd party logins.

Nuties
09-24-2020, 05:14 PM
T-9000 liquid metal lol, I got that one!

Thanks for the improve Devs!

Enviado de meu moto g(7) plus usando o Tapatalk

xpcoolboy
09-24-2020, 11:49 PM
What if my phone is broken and my email was a random 1 what will happen to my acc if i bought a new phone and they ask for code ?

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

wowdah
09-25-2020, 12:23 AM
Hey I sent an email to support cuz my email is so old I can't log back into it lol. but I have the password etc for my account.

snakeeyes
09-25-2020, 05:40 AM
Hey I sent an email to support cuz my email is so old I can't log back into it lol. but I have the password etc for my account.

im scared if my acc request a code because I cant open my old email 2014 last time i open it. And now i change my email. I know futumsh can fix the problem he help a lot

Futumsh
09-25-2020, 07:45 AM
As has been said many times now, if you don't have access to the email address you used:

* If you have a device that can still log into that account, change the email in game (nexus -> my account -> modify account)
* Otherwise you'll have to contact support and prove that the account has always been yours to get them to change it to an email address you do have access to.

Closing thread, since we're just getting variations of things answered by this over and over.