PDA

View Full Version : Don't open chests??????

*Zero*
03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
I've thought I've heard them all, you know the urban legends of how to get a vanity.
Example: oh hey if you go naked and spin 3 times and do a /dance on ghost it gives you a 100% vanity drop chance...........
Anyways back on topic guys please stop flamming players who open chests in runs, no not opening chests increases your chance.on a vanity. Actually not opening them is worse cause 2 out of my 4 vanitys came from chests.

Defyduck
03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
woot?! from chest?? i saw 5 all from mobs

Defyduck
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Oh btw you are absolutly right about the opening chest thing,it doesnt matter at all donno from where the rumour started lol

Snakespeare
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Personally, the stuff from the chests if almost entirely liquidation fodder. Only the boss drops are worth keeping, if at all. So the darn chests just make it so I can't keep re-making or joining a re-make until I liquidate, and that can make me get replaced in that group, and then I have to find another group. So, when grinding in groups, please don't open those useless chests!

*Zero*
03-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah I can see the filling up inventory spots but not " omg you screwed my chances out of rare loot".

Fyrce
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh, I heard it the OTHER way: Open ALL chests for better drops. Someone's got it mixed up :p

Of course, everyone forgot the 'dance a jig' part as you open/don't open chests. That's really the trick!

Cahaun
03-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Did you know that if you defeat the Guardian and then open the epic chest, you get better loot? I actually got sandstorm gear

Taipan
03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Once i heard someone got Vular Squishers from a chest. And everyone was saying Don't open chests!!!

iAmPain
03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Did you know that if you defeat the Guardian and then open the epic chest, you get better loot? I actually got sandstorm gear

thats alot of walking all the way to the chests after u finished killing guardian, but..ill try that bro! sounds cool if thats true

ArtStar
03-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Chests have no effect on drops xD
Yall are silly.

StompArtist
03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Thread like these make me mad because they are full of misconception and disinformation.

Time for a pro to tell you the truth about chests. Read carefully because I will not repeat myself.

Opening all chests in an instance before defeating the boss does increase your chances of a rare drop by 0.5%. This has been proven by doing 1000 runs and comparing 500 with chests vs no chests.
Not opening a single chest will not increase your chances at all.

But to be truthful this small advantage does not compare to the real trick to getting pinks, at least once per hour, by making sure your inventory is empty when you get to the boss and that you have no pinks equipped. The game has a fail safe to keep players interested and if it sees that you do not have good gear it will increase your chances for a good drop. Well known in specialized farmer circles.

Now the secret is out!

*Zero*
03-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Once i heard someone got Vular Squishers from a chest. And everyone was saying Don't open chests!!!

Lol ikr!

Wolves
03-15-2012, 05:30 PM
An MF drop. Assuming elixers work the way we think they do, that pink is actually a third purple. So thats 3 epics with EVERY SINGLE CHEST OPEN AND DEAD HOSTAGES.
Don't prove nuthin, I guess.
Also, vanity "fail safe" in next update please.

Ardon
03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Coincidences don't prove anything. There is no guarantee together a good drop. No magic words, no special pattern. It's random lol

ArtStar
03-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Coincidences don't prove anything. There is no guarantee together a good drop. No magic words, no special pattern. It's random lol

There are magic words you have to say in a special pattern, I swear.

Cahaun
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM

*Dances the jig* Oh wait

Eyesharp
03-16-2012, 02:29 PM
An MF drop. Assuming elixers work the way we think they do, that pink is actually a third purple. So thats 3 epics with EVERY SINGLE CHEST OPEN AND DEAD HOSTAGES.
Don't prove nuthin, I guess.
Also, vanity "fail safe" in next update please.
Wow epic group and idk why people suggest open chest are bad luck since chest actually give pretty good stuff I guess it's just a rumor.

Trebouchet
03-17-2012, 11:33 AM

Yup... I did once. On a related note, I tried to join a PL friend today and he booted me because he was farming for pinks. I booted him from my friends list....

Ark
03-17-2012, 12:50 PM
I open my chests at numa and gotten xrays. Vanities drop randomly at any level. They dont drop at a certain spot or level. It's all luck.

Deathpunch
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
I always open chests. Even if its liquidation stuff it adds up over the runs to a decent chunk of money and who knows, you might just get a good drop out of them.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Seiyen
03-18-2012, 05:08 AM
I have seen lots of vanities drop,all from npc and 2-3 from boss,never seen anything good droppin from chests :(

*Zero*
03-18-2012, 07:21 AM
I have seen lots of vanities drop,all from npc and 2-3 from boss,never seen anything good droppin from chests :(
Ive seen The Thinker drop from a elite chest in sloucho and some of my guildies saw Vular Squishers drop from a chest. But the only vanity in question that i got was a squid buddy, either it dropped from a big bug or a chest as bug was killed same time chest was opened.

PianoWizzy
03-22-2012, 06:01 PM
The only reason I said not to open chests was that it wasted time and took up inventory space.

Then I got 350 inventory slots. XD

gunshadow
03-22-2012, 10:15 PM
The only reason I said not to open chests was that it wasted time and took up inventory space.

Only reason why I don't to open chests either.

Zolum
03-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I know what you mean. This is a good thread. I hate it when I get booted for opening chests. Thank you for understanding everyone.

Anecat
04-15-2012, 12:17 AM
The only pink items i get (which are 3) were from bosses.
Does that mean anything?

Seiyen
04-15-2012, 03:26 AM
The only pink items i get (which are 3) were from bosses.
Does that mean anything?

Nope

Sent from my GT-I5503 using Tapatalk

Ark
04-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I still think it's all luck. There is no such thing of "don't open chest or else no good drops" those are lies. I opened all chests and gotten x-rays in Numa level 1.

RaptorBlitz
04-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Thread like these make me mad because they are full of misconception and disinformation.

Time for a pro to tell you the truth about chests. Read carefully because I will not repeat myself.

Opening all chests in an instance before defeating the boss does increase your chances of a rare drop by 0.5%. This has been proven by doing 1000 runs and comparing 500 with chests vs no chests.

But to be truthful this small advantage does not compare to the real trick to getting pinks, at least once per hour, by making sure your inventory is empty when you get to the boss and that you have no pinks equipped. The game has a fail safe to keep players interested and if it sees that you do not have good gear it will increase your chances for a good drop. Well known in specialized farmer circles.

Now the secret is out!

Is that REALLY true? 0_0

PianoWizzy
04-20-2012, 10:39 AM

Now the secret is out!

:O Really? You're not fooling us?

Rawrimafish
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM

swearing wont get u any where :P

leaf420
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM
This has to be the most annoying thing i've encountered on the double xp weekend. Lots of 40's, 41's running Reactor Core, screaming that not opening chests and saving the hostages increases their odds of winning a pink. I got lucky on my first run through, i won a guttersnipe, we opened every chest, and blew the hostages into tiny little chunks. (does you gear count as pink if it's covered in gore-spray?) That's what really matters, luck.

Please stop the madness, Looting chests does not affect what the boss drops! (yes i'm sure)