PDA

View Full Version : How to run AO2 plasma pyramid?

ragingfork
08-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I mean running through it and only taking down the bosses. I did it a few times. Once we have 3 bears and 2 mages. Another time, we have 5 tanks.

I tried to do it again with various groups of players. But the monsters just totally blocked us. I don't know what was different from those success ones.

Please help.

Royce
08-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Generally the best team has a couple tanks up front using beckon, stomp, and hell scream, and a couple mages (paladins are best) in the back using icestorm and there for heals and rez if needed. However, just about any combination can do it if they know how to play their role, and nobody has bad lag.

FluffNStuff
08-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Generally the best team has a couple tanks up front using beckon, stomp, and hell scream, and a couple mages (paladins are best) in the back using icestorm and there for heals and rez if needed. However, just about any combination can do it if they know how to play their role, and nobody has bad lag.

So groups have the tanks juice up on armor and speed potions. You can do without it, but it just makes it easier and less annoying.

Gavry
08-06-2010, 08:42 PM
5 Bears that know what they are doing can run it easily. If you want to do a bear run follow these rules:

1. Have 5, 45 bears, with 3xIsis and 1xThoth
2. Make sure everyone is ready before you start the rush.
3. Simple rule while running, spam Iron Blood & Evade and then shoot off Stomp whenever you get blocked. Don't use Stomp unless your stuck. You need it available when you NEED it.
4. Fire off Hell Scream if you want. It stuns enemies a bit and can't hurt.
5. If you have Restore you that when you need.
6. DON'T, DON'T, use any other skills.

With all 5 Bears following those rules it is actually very easy to run any level in AO2.

PS. Unless you are really good at running, like the bears listed below, DON'T chat while your running. That is generally the downfall of disorganised groups.

PPS. Join a group with any of the following for best results: SwordPanda, Xom, Brocephus, Chaudex, Kaley, KingFu, MasterHoon, Gavry (Grin)

Royce
08-06-2010, 08:45 PM
4. DON'T, DON'T, use any other skills.

Why not at least use hellscream for the stun?

Gavry
08-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Why not at least use hellscream for the stun?

I updated my post to add Hellscream and Restore. Forgot those two originally. hehe

Violentsaint
08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
its harder now with the turn to face enemy update :(

tjornan
08-07-2010, 10:07 AM
PPS. Join a group with any of the following for best results: SwordPanda, Xom, Brocephus, Chaudex, Kaley, KingFu, MasterHoon, Gavry (Grin)

How come im not on the list :( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

KingFu
08-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Gavry, 5 bears isn't the best team. I did that with Banana. Banana had super lag and left, leaving the 4 of us. Another guys app crashed due to the lag rushing brings we got to Anubis and he killed em both leaving me with a 90% health Anubis. I managed to kill him alone :D but got to R'loxx and him and his mob was too much and I died.

I think the best group is 2 mages for heal and reviving (2 in case one dies) 2 bears (I prefer bow bears or tanks) and an archer (for the dps focus) and I prefer at least 3 of the people in the party being strength and at least one ranged.