PDA

View Full Version : Botters...

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
At first I was like should I even make this thread, but then I though it would be a little warning for STS...

Botters pretty much ruined the communities of every MMORPG I have ever played:
World of Warcraft is dead...
Runescape is dead...
Maplestory is dead...
Halo Online is dead...
Call of Duty Online is dead...
Fiesta is dead...

They mess up the economies, training is no longer any use since botters don't even try and get to higher levels than you, and they make the game boring...

So just a warning to you guys, you have to have something to counter the bots that'll come out, and trust me, they will come out.

Don't wait until after, stop it before it happens, because now I'm seeing threads about more and more botters coming out, you guys have great games...I don't want the same thing to happen to this community...

Runescape was my favorite game in the entire world, but when the botters came in they just ruined it for me, god, I can tell you the name of any set, how to complete any quest, the price of any weapon, but all of that was ruined...

Fao
03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I hate botters, they ruin the WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE GAME!!

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
I hate botters, they ruin the WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE GAME!!

I can't agree more, I really don't want it to happen with these games though...

Fao
03-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Oh and, I HOPE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE TRYING TO BOT ARE READING THIS! BECAUSE IF I CATCH YOU, YOU'LL WISH YOU WERE NEVER ALIVE!!

plmafiaboss
03-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Uh oh I feel dumb and alone but ill ask...what's a botter

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh and, I HOPE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE TRYING TO BOT ARE READING THIS! BECAUSE IF I CATCH YOU, YOU'LL WISH YOU WERE NEVER ALIVE!!

:devilish: lol

MrKrone
03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
What damage could they cause to PL?
So far, i have not seen any sort pf money hacking or item duping glitches, so the 'bots' cant abuse those.
It seems highly impractical that people will develop a botting mechanic for a mobile mmo that cant dupe items, cant dupe gold, and has a MUCH smaller player base than most if not all Pc MMOs.

Don't worry, the way i see it, bots will never invade PL!

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:25 PM

Someone who bots lol, a bot is a program that does something automatically for you such as train or sell items without you having to work...

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
What damage could they cause to PL?
So far, i have not seen any sort pf money hacking or item duping glitches, so the 'bots' cant abuse those.
It seems highly impractical that people will develop a botting mechanic for a mobile mmo that cant dupe items, cant dupe gold, and has a MUCH smaller player base than most if not all Pc MMOs.

Don't worry, the way i see it, bots will never invade PL!

What you mentioned is hacking into the server, this is botting which is more like auto-training or auto-farming...

MrKrone
03-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Even so, there is still too small of a player base to be worth the effort of botting, Imo

plmafiaboss
03-15-2012, 05:29 PM

Someone who bots lol, a bot is a program that does something automatically for you such as train or sell items without you having to work...oh. I should learn to do that XDloljk

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Even so, there is still too small of a player base to be worth the effort of botting, Imo

It'll get bigger, and trust me on this, bots will come out...

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Well in my opinion everybody should have a bot, or nobody should have one, just an even playing field :P

MrKrone
03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Everyone already has a bot: themselves.
The more you panic, the more devestating it will be if/when we get botted.

LuvMmorpg
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm with you buddy.. I used to be so addicted to Runescape and then it all died out on me because of the botting and stuff. Every single MMORPG almost always have a glitch to it..

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Everyone already has a bot: themselves.
The more you panic, the more devestating it will be if/when we get botted.

Not panicking LOL, just saying...because what's the point if I play 5 hours straight to get from 64 to 65 while some other guy chills on his couch and does the same thing with a bot?

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm with you buddy.. I used to be so addicted to Runescape and then it all died out on me because of the botting and stuff. Every single MMORPG almost always have a glitch to it..

I cannot tell you how much I loved that game -____- childhood memories lol :\

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:39 PM
It is ridiculously easy to make a bot too -_____- you don't even need programming skills...all that has to happen is one guy releasing a program for it to start...

Coltona
03-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Ruinedscape is more like it lol

Hm isn't it like 15 mil players for Pl and SL? That's a fairly large amount of people IMO, I say the bots are already here, just too few to spot ATM, when the time comes I think PL should go back to handheld/tablet only.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Ruinedscape is more like it lol

Hm isn't it like 15 mil players for Pl and SL? That's a fairly large amount of people IMO, I say the bots are already here, just too few to spot ATM, when the time comes I think PL should go back to handheld/tablet only.

I would have preferred STS to stay on mobile devices, but now they won't go back, they will just grow bigger which is what I want, I just don't want that to bite them back...and true there are already small bots, just not a public program yet.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Can anyone think of anything to counter bots?

ursadex
03-15-2012, 05:53 PM
botters, freaking noobs, i hate them

Cahaun
03-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Can anyone think of anything to counter bots?
/report

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
/report

Yeah, that and sending messages to support of course, but anything while in game to kind of stop them, like maybe changing monster spawn locations?

Suentous PO
03-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I have caught 2 bots myself both in the same place. I didn't like the idea of completely changing some maps but the places most exploitable are any map/dungeon with endless respawns of mobs or bosses. For the reason that bots can exploit them I would refrain from being upset if a couple maps were nerfed. I'd miss them tho-
Sue

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 06:10 PM
I have caught 2 bots myself both in the same place. I didn't like the idea of completely changing some maps but the places most exploitable are any map/dungeon with endless respawns of mobs or bosses. For the reason that bots can exploit them I would refrain from being upset if a couple maps were nerfed. I'd miss them tho-
Sue

Bots run the same thing over and over, if we change things up just a little they will mess up, but yeah I don't like the idea of constant change either...

ArtStar
03-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Elaborate a bit more on these bot programs. I didn't really get into these kinda games until last year so I have never heard of such a thing.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Elaborate a bit more on these bot programs. I didn't really get into these kinda games until last year so I have never heard of such a thing.

This is one of the popular bots for RuneScape: http://www.epicbot.com/.
Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaNMmqJqmkY.

Those are bots...

Elyseon
03-15-2012, 06:59 PM
The last game i played started doing random text checks, where players would have to interpret those wierd ambiguios text authenicator, but that would be super annoying for PL.
But yeh find one, report him

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
The last game i played started doing random text checks, where players would have to interpret those wierd ambiguios text authenicator, but that would be super annoying for PL.
But yeh find one, report him

SAME HERE! Those are really annoying, but it works.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:01 PM
SAME HERE! Those are really annoying, but it works.

Also you'd have to have those be clearly readable or else a real player could get kicked -____-

iAmPain
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
BOTS u say? i say it hasnt breach out the SL community.but GOOD LUCK to PL community.this is what happen when a business is growing so big and other company will do anything to make their competition lighter..

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:07 PM
BOTS u say? i say it hasnt breach out the SL community.but GOOD LUCK to PL community.this is what happen when a business is growing so big and other company will do anything to make their competition lighter..

Glad SL is safe for now...but it'll get worse I believe...

ArtStar
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Wow that is so cheap, why would people do such a thing thats totally unfair.

So people could one day make a bot to farm more kills than me?
And make the leaderboards controlled by bots?
Lol I would rage if that happened.
So much time spent getting all my kills the right way.
People often ask me if I use hacks, or used plat for all my kills.
Which is like this biggest insult.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:15 PM

I know what you mean, makes me angry just thinking about it -_____-

ArtStar
03-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Theres absolutely no way of preventing it?

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:20 PM

I can almost guarantee that the guy on the leaderboard with 100,000 deaths botted them...

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Theres absolutely no way of preventing it?

There is such as a captcha popping up every 30 minutes, but it is highly unlikely that STS will enforce that. Bots always ruin the communities, in almost all cases bots prevail which is really sad.

Appleisaac
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Bots usually (at least in my experiences) stand in a town and spam a message :(... (im talking about what they were/are in runescape back when i played) In runescape, they somehow made it so it was like their account didnt exist... you couldnt report them or even click on them :-/...

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Bots usually (at least in my experiences) stand in a town and spam a message :(... (im talking about what they were/are in runescape back when i played) In runescape, they somehow made it so it was like their account didnt exist... you couldnt report them or even click on them :-/...

Ghost bots are rare like the one you mentioned, usually they are all just autofighting or autoskilling.

Whirlzap
03-15-2012, 07:43 PM
I've seen botters before on other games.
I've been asked to bot on other games, too.
I'm just gonna say, it's not hard.
And I'm also gonna say, people don't bot for nothing.
They only bot for valuable things.
Thank god the only valuable things in this game are only drops, which fall to money, and levels.
Platinum is only accesible through hacking, and that isn't botting.
I think people bot mainly in this game for gold.
I doubt anyone would prefer buying a botted account over making their own.
I hope STS has at the least blocked several botting/hacking programs already.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:45 PM
I've seen botters before on other games.
I've been asked to bot on other games, too.
I'm just gonna say, it's not hard.
And I'm also gonna say, people don't bot for nothing.
They only bot for valuable things.
Thank god the only valuable things in this game are only drops, which fall to money, and levels.
Platinum is only accesible through hacking, and that isn't botting.
I think people bot mainly in this game for gold.
I doubt anyone would prefer buying a botted account over making their own.
I hope STS has at the least blocked several botting/hacking programs already.

Yeah, mainly the target is leveling and getting rich, but again like I said, wheres the fun in playing if a botter can just mess it up for you?

Mitchturbo
03-15-2012, 07:49 PM
So how do you spot them? :-0

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
So how do you spot them? :-0

You never know for sure, good signs are no responses when messaging them, long play hours, repetition in actions, etc.

Buffedbear Pl
03-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Ever since PL has been playable on Chrome, botters have been coming one by one to PL. If it stayed mobile, we wouldn't have this issue. Releasing it on Chrome was helpful, but IMO I think it was a bad move. With computers, as others have said, it isn't hard to make a program that just clicks in the same spots for hours. It will truly ruin the economy. I've made it easy to see below:

A person keeps his bot on for 72 hrs nonstop on Hidden Ice Cave. Lets say he farms around 25 Green Ice Weapons. Let's say he put all of them on the CS, if he keeps doing this, the demand will drop and the prices go down. That would mean it would be harder to get gold from merching and selling Green Ice. Now imagine 100+ bots doing Hidden Ice Cave for 72 hrs nonstop. Each farming around 25 Green Ice Weapons. I quit Runescape for this reason, and will never go back. Loved that game 101%, and Pocket Legends is now in that spot.

Anyways, I don't see this happening soon, but if we let them, they will. So if you see a person doing the same pattern over and over, not responding to PMs, etc. You have a best friend, and it's /report.

$0.02

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Ever since PL has been playable on Chrome, botters have been coming one by one to PL. If it stayed mobile, we wouldn't have this issue. Releasing it on Chrome was helpful, but IMO I think it was a bad move. With computers, as others have said, it isn't hard to make a program that just clicks in the same spots for hours. It will truly ruin the economy. I've made it easy to see below:

A person keeps his bot on for 72 hrs nonstop on Hidden Ice Cave. Lets say he farms around 25 Green Ice Weapons. Let's say he put all of them on the CS, if he keeps doing this, the demand will drop and the prices go down. That would mean it would be harder to get gold from merching and selling Green Ice. Now imagine 100+ bots doing Hidden Ice Cave for 72 hrs nonstop. Each farming around 25 Green Ice Weapons. I quit Runescape for this reason, and will never go back. Loved that game 101%, and Pocket Legends is now in that spot.

Anyways, I don't see this happening soon, but if we let them, they will. So if you see a person doing the same pattern over and over, not responding to PMs, etc. You have a best friend, and it's /report.

$0.02

Same, loved Runescape so much, don't want that to happen here, we have to do something about it. Also the Chrome release has been the start of botting for PL, I've never seen any bots before the Chrome release.

Swords
03-15-2012, 08:09 PM
runescape and maplestory was my most favorite game in the world! then it got boring. Thats how PL came to me, From botters

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 08:11 PM
runescape and maplestory was my most favorite game in the world! then it got boring. Thats how PL came to me, From botters

Dude those games were my entire childhood! And I actually did come to Pocket Legends because of botters too, because I thought mobile gaming wouldn't get botted, but now with Chrome it has happened.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 09:14 PM
You never know for sure, good signs are no responses when messaging them, long play hours, repetition in actions, etc.

Remember though that those players can be legit, it's hard to tell from the actions only...

Artemis
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
runescape. ill give an example of what happened to it because botters.

3 years ago. i play everyday. no botters really. economy is good. Challenge to gain money, but thats the fun part. 100k, was ALOT to me.

A month ago i got on for a bit to see whats new. botters EVERYWHERE. Prices gone up DRASTICALLY. People giving out 500k stacks for no reason. 100k, is like 1k now.

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
runescape. ill give an example of what happened to it because botters.

3 years ago. i play everyday. no botters really. economy is good. Challenge to gain money, but thats the fun part. 100k, was ALOT to me.

A month ago i got on for a bit to see whats new. botters EVERYWHERE. Prices gone up DRASTICALLY. People giving out 500k stacks for no reason. 100k, is like 1k now.

For real, I used to kill cows for cowhides and sell those, but people botted them now so it's worthless -_____-

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
A month ago i got on for a bit to see whats new

Did you see anyone saying "Doubling money" btw? That's the newest scam lol.

zeusabe
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
I agree with you except that World of Warcraft is far from being dead...I've been playing that game for 5 years now...still occasionally play whenever I can...it's just as active as it was 5 years ago. Sure, there was a dip in population but that was mainly because players consume content so fast that people got bored fast, I hit 85 in cataclysm in like a week LOL and having played that for 5 years...it's the inevitable issue of playing a game too long for some players...not bots, plus, competition is very stiff in PC pay-to-play, you have RIFT online, now Dragon Nest, and Tera Online knocking, these guys are WoW reincarnations, it's not bot. Good thing is, Blizzard is coping up with it with their new Pandaria, I'm saying the dip is temporary once Blizzard speeds up their expansions in the future since their CEO openly recognized this problem, definitely, WoW will get its second wind. For now, definitely, 11 million subscribers is not an indication of a dead game even if there was a dip from 12million. But I agree with your overall point that bots kill games. Sorry if I had to expound, I was a WoW gamer first I had to defend the game that consumed half a decade of my life LOL.

Nick41324
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM
I actually got on runescape after I got back from work the other day... I made 150k selling wood in about 45 mins xD. Extremely boring game now.

I have a feeling there are going to be PL farming bots popping up all over PL chrome.

ArtStar
03-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I can almost guarantee that the guy on the leaderboard with 100,000 deaths botted them...

Uhh no he didnt. He is a close friend.
He was just dedicated like me.
Are you 'garunteeing' to people that i used a bot? Ha ha.
Lol his main is Ihavenokills, he is a sweet guy who is now in the military.

gundamsone
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Runescape was a really fun game though.

Think I played for 8 years :S...

Ended up cashing out my rares sets though $_$

*Still have my maxed acc but empty >.<

Jugernugett
03-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Youve pointed out everything except what's a botter?

Beanmachine
03-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Hide yo Bots, Hide yo programs, WE GONNA FIND YOU! :boxing:

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Uhh no he didnt. He is a close friend.
He was just dedicated like me.
Are you 'garunteeing' to people that i used a bot? Ha ha.
Lol his main is Ihavenokills, he is a sweet guy who is now in the military.

I said almost -_____- after all the next closest guy is like 60,000 deaths behind lol. He must have spent hours just running into monsters and dying lol ;P

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I actually got on runescape after I got back from work the other day... I made 150k selling wood in about 45 mins xD. Extremely boring game now.

I have a feeling there are going to be PL farming bots popping up all over PL chrome.

Yeah, farming bots are gonna be popping up real soon :/

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Runescape was a really fun game though.

Think I played for 8 years :S...

Ended up cashing out my rares sets though $_$

*Still have my maxed acc but empty >.<

Nice, the most money I ever had was when I got a blue party hat from a drop game, I was so excited lol ;)

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
I said almost -_____- after all the next closest guy is like 60,000 deaths behind lol. He must have spent hours just running into monsters and dying lol ;P

Yeah lol just like I spent hours killing.
Hehe

dudetus
03-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Eyesharp
03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Botters are good and bad in a way they are good because if your feeling lazy they help but their bad because they kill the experience. The whole point of an mmorpg is feeling like your there and doing things!!! Btw does anyone have a picture of a botter? :D

Elysony
03-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Botters are good and bad in a way they are good because if your feeling lazy they help but their bad because they kill the experience. The whole point of an mmorpg is feeling like your there and doing things!!! Btw does anyone have a picture of a botter? :D

I believe you are saying it is good to use when you are lazy. Please edit.

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 04:31 PM

If bots do arise though everybody should be able to use them, not just a select few.

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah lol just like I spent hours killing.
Hehe

You are on the leaderboards? For what lol :P

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
You are on the leaderboards? For what lol :P

I have no idea tbh, I just do what I do :-)

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 04:40 PM
I have no idea tbh, I just do what I do :-)

What's tbh?

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
What's tbh?

To be honest

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 04:42 PM
To be honest

Oh lol -_____-

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Idk lol I am guessing half the time what the meanings are.
I didn't know what smh meant for the longest time xD

pocketlegendshq
03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Idk lol I am guessing half the time what the meanings are.
I didn't know what smh meant for the longest time xD

Yeah, I'm always having to Google that stuff :P

ursadex
03-16-2012, 05:16 PM

lol ;)