View Full Version : Random High Ping then Disconnect from Server with 1.3

setec
08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I searched to see if this was mentioned somewhere else and didn't find anything with the search tool.

About every five minutes, the level freezes and the ping climbs from 64 to over 115000 then disconnects me. If I see this happening, I can close the app all the way (ios 4.1 Beta 3) and then relaunch the app where it brings me back to the spot I was.

I have tried rebooting the phone as well.

I didn't notice these issues yesterday. Anyone else having these problems.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Dude I posted that a few threads down lol. And yeah it's starting to happen again. Maybe the patch needs to be held together more roughly...

bmc85uk
08-07-2010, 08:40 AM
When I get lag issues, sometimes I go to the menu screen and join a town, this seems to 'force' packets through and wake up my connection, bit of a pain having to leave a dungeon though.

Danka
08-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Using iPad WiFi with iOS 3.2 16G. Since the 1.3 update, frame rates varied from 1 to 12 seconds (a rarity with older version). Ping increases the second I enter the arena rather than every five minutes as Setec indicated. Joining a town to 'force packets' doesn't help in my case (see photo). Anyone else have the same issue or solutions? Thanks in advance.

http://www.dumpt.com/img/files/36qy4xa0tfzkgq327ido_thumb.png (http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=36qy4xa0tfzkgq327ido.png)

I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 3GS iOS 3.1.3. as well. I know it isn't my local connection, Speednet confirms that.

Spiritualist
08-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Let's rename this thread "My Ping Is Greater Than Yours" and see who can get the highest. Here's mine as of a few moments ago:

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/ping01.PNG

FluffNStuff
08-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Using iPad WiFi with iOS 3.2 16G. Since the 1.3 update, frame rates varied from 1 to 12 seconds (a rarity with older version). Ping increases the second I enter the arena rather than every five minutes as Setec indicated. Joining a town to 'force packets' doesn't help in my case (see photo). Anyone else have the same issue or solutions? Thanks in advance.

http://www.dumpt.com/img/files/36qy4xa0tfzkgq327ido_thumb.png (http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=36qy4xa0tfzkgq327ido.png)

I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 3GS iOS 3.1.3. as well. I know it isn't my local connection, Speednet confirms that.

Couple questions
How do you know your frame rate, or are you just ~comparing~.
Do you have Notification Services turned on? This can be turned off in settings, as it has been said when notifications come in it interrupts your data flow.

Danka
08-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Couple questions
How do you know your frame rate, or are you just ~comparing~.
Do you have Notification Services turned on? This can be turned off in settings, as it has been said when notifications come in it interrupts your data flow.

I just compared but being a watchmaker I'm pretty well synchronized. I do have notifications off (a good practice) since it's an iPad and really just use my IP3GS for that.

Zeus
08-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Or this random high pings might be related to the wifi problems of the ipad, antenna problems of iphone 4, bad algorithms on apple parts or of course bad algorithm on the dev's part. Either of those seem like a possible cause. OR of course your own internet.

Danka
08-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Or this random high pings might be related to the wifi problems of the ipad, antenna problems of iphone 4, bad algorithms on apple parts or of course bad algorithm on the dev's part. Either of those seem like a possible cause. OR of course your own internet.

true but....

This was never a problem before the 1.3 upgrade on my end. I also used the iPhone 3GS wifi and 3G in various locations and have the same issues. While I'm here...here's a post of the Speedtest where I try to play. Note I'm connected to the Cincinnati, Ohio server near where I live. It's a really solid connection.

http://www.dumpt.com/img/files/bb56015ltzibnaf6bkli_thumb.png (http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=bb56015ltzibnaf6bkli.png)

Spiritualist
08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Personally I think it's going to be a mixture of things. The ping count is periodic and I suspect it's more "internet issues" to the PL server than anything else, but who knows. It would be nice to see some ideas on resolution though, as last night UK time I had around 2 hours of huge ping times (6-8pm). Oh well, at least the wife got to see me then!

asommers
08-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Today's patch (the version after 49468) should hopefully help the issue.

-ALS

Danka
08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Great news...looking forward to it. Something else I wanted to add, though it's not really a convenient solution. I noticed that when I use my iPhone 3GS as a wifi hotspot using MyWi and play Pocket Legends 1.3 on the iPad it plays fast as it used to with version 1.2. I use Airport Express 802.11n so for some reason, the ver. 1.3 doesn't communicate as well with it as ver. 1.2 did.

Update: Got the update...everything running great!

setec
08-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Sorry to say, still have this issue. :)

setec
08-16-2010, 12:04 AM
To elaborate on the above, this happens to me both on AT&T 3G, my comcast connection at work (no proxies) and my comcast connection at home. This happens both on my iPhone 4 and my iPad. Very annoying. :)

I might add that I only started getting this in 1.3.

setec
08-21-2010, 04:09 AM
I have been able to stop the high pings by adding Port Triggering in my router for ports 4050-4099. However, at other broadband connections where I don't have access to the router settings, I still have the problem. Again, this only started for me with 1.3

Warchanter
08-21-2010, 07:31 PM
I have both an ipod and iphone 4. I have not updated my ipod with the new software from apple and Pocket legends runs very smoothly. Now on the other hand my iphone 4 ping skyrockets. So idk what it is but it is very annoying. Hopefully you guys can fix this problem soon.

Dharken
08-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Absolutely no help to you guys but for the last few days ive been getting these lag spikes frequently, sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes. Extremely disruptive especially when youre in a tough fight.

It used to happen before the weekend but it was much more rare, say once per hour or even less often.

Warchanter
08-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I coudn't even go through one dungeon with the iphone 4....Kept rubber banding it was bad... any words devs?

Warchanter
08-29-2010, 10:14 PM
any word if this will be fixed in 1.4?

edit* Or any other future updates.

Warchanter
08-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Ok It's def not fixed in 1.4. Still rubberbanding and skyrocket ping using wifi on the iPhone 4. Devs? Anybody ?

setec
08-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Yep, still get it on 1.4 using iPad or iPhone 4. Again, didn't have this until 1.3+. Temporarily fixed it at home by opening ports on the router but for places that have wifi where I don't have admin access to the router, I can't open those ports.

Futumsh
08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Opening ports should not affect this at all - the client only ever makes outgoing connections, never accepts them.

setec
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry, should have specified. "I have been able to stop the high pings by adding Port Triggering in my router for ports 4050-4099". I did this at my house and the high pings stopped 100%. Still have the issue at other places that have broadband internet and a wifi router but I don't have access to their router.

I got the port #s from this post:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?282-Can-t-connect-via-wifi..help&p=1267&viewfull=1#post1267

Warchanter
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Sorry, should have specified. "I have been able to stop the high pings by adding Port Triggering in my router for ports 4050-4099". I did this at my house and the high pings stopped 100%. Still have the issue at other places that have broadband internet and a wifi router but I don't have access to their router.

I got the port #s from this post:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?282-Can-t-connect-via-wifi..help&p=1267&viewfull=1#post1267

i've done this and no luck. Its very frustrating sitting at home and not being able to play through wifi. As signal strength in my house is not that great with at&t so i depend on the wifi to play. Nobody has said if this will be fixed. Or any idea how to fix this for me.

Fyrce
09-04-2010, 07:04 AM
On an ipad, when I crash to the home screen and come back, I do not go back to where I was -- usually right before a boss in Swamps or Plasma Pyramid with lots of stuff going on. I end up doing to whole login thing, entering a town and having to rejoin the game and walk to where everyone is ... usually too late.

Warchanter
09-06-2010, 02:20 PM
I've change the setting on my router and noticed it has gotten better over the past few days but not 100%.

λαθυιντ
09-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I know that fool named ping to he's in foresthaven.

Rarefew
09-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Shut up laquint

Warchanter
09-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I've change the setting on my router and noticed it has gotten better over the past few days but not 100%.

Dont quote me on this but the new design of the iphone might effect it. I've been holding it different ways and things change. Provide feedback if u play under wifi with the iphone 4. Thanks

Curer
09-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Dont quote me on this but the new design of the iphone might effect it. I've been holding it different ways and things change. Provide feedback if u play under wifi with the iphone 4. Thanks

I've been thinking the same but I got a new iphone 4 a couple of days ago - which doesn't have antenna problems (antenna problem was only on early iphone4) I think it's just coincidence and a lot of hope when you change your grip!

I've even tried not holding the phone and I still get lag!