PDA

View Full Version : Names/guild names explicitly containing the word covid-19 should be banned

Silentkill
09-22-2020, 12:44 PM
This word does not belong in a Role- playing- game. We want to have a good time ingame, not be reminded about the ****ty reality thats getting out of control in many states and countries out there, nobody wants to give a damn about this when playing a game. I hear the word covid 3 million times a day whether its in the newspaper, radio, advertisements or whatever it might be.

And yes, I saw a guild today named “Covid-19”, put an end to it

ThiccThots
09-22-2020, 12:49 PM
Your name is silentkill... I dont wanna be reminded of murder everyday when I come to forums and see this. Please put an end to it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Silentkill
09-22-2020, 12:49 PM
Your name is silentkill... I dont wanna be reminded of murder everyday when I come to forums and see this. Please put an end to it.

This game is literally about killing random mobs. But to each their own

ThiccThots
09-22-2020, 12:52 PM
I wish I cared.
This game will always have bad things in it and people will always talk about covid considering it's a global pandemic. You as a singular person complaining about it isnt going to make the Devs change thousands of IGNS and guild names just bc it bothers you.

Zeus
09-22-2020, 01:06 PM
While I understand the good intentions behind it, I also think cancel culture is not something that should be endorsed.

Silentkill
09-22-2020, 01:09 PM
I wish I cared.
This game will always have bad things in it and people will always talk about covid considering it's a global pandemic. You as a singular person complaining about it isnt going to make the Devs change thousands of IGNS and guild names just bc it bothers you.

Talking to a particular individual about this topic in private chat, and representing this topic to thousands of players every day by making the dumb decision to name your toon or guild like that, is a slight difference I would assume. Like there arent any other names available

QuaseT
09-22-2020, 01:30 PM
Theres an option to report an ign or guildname. After that devs should be able to see and decide if they want to ban those kind of names or not. Personally, I dont have a problem with that.

Xyv.io
09-22-2020, 02:04 PM
Disable other people's names.

Gaprisha
09-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Theres an option to disable titles in settings. Other than that just learn to ignore it and not let it get you worked up. There are other better things to put your mind at instead.

mhysaa
09-22-2020, 02:36 PM
This word does not belong in a Role- playing- game. We want to have a good time ingame, not be reminded about the ****ty reality thats getting out of control in many states and countries out there, nobody wants to give a damn about this when playing a game. I hear the word covid 3 million times a day whether its in the newspaper, radio, advertisements or whatever it might be.

And yes, I saw a guild today named “Covid-19”, put an end to it

I understand that you are saturated with seeing so much in real life about Covid. But it's not really a bad expression, it's not an insult, nor is it an apology for any crime or anything like that.
If you go in options> social> show> title.. if u unmark it, you won't see guild names.
Take care, stay safe.

dualray
09-22-2020, 03:46 PM

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk100 percent agree.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Spooked
09-23-2020, 12:54 AM
I hoped i didnt have to say this too often,but quit being a snowflake tyvm.
If youre genuinely offended by everything please do yourself and everyone around you a favor and just refrain from using the internet as a whole, and stay in your safezone.

Silentkill
09-23-2020, 01:49 AM
I hoped i didnt have to say this too often,but quit being a snowflake tyvm.
If youre genuinely offended by everything please do yourself and everyone around you a favor and just refrain from using the internet as a whole, and stay in your safezone.

I will do no such thing, and going through your post-history you are one bitter person, 90% of your posts are toxic but everyone knows that. If anyone should refrain from using the internet that would be you, or are you still salty we didn’t take you to the Planar Arena lb?

Aeot
09-23-2020, 02:09 AM
I don't understand people's replies to this. Covid killed minions and maybe some from the community have victims of it themselves. It would be better if one word of a killer was banned. Why would ANYONE pick s name of a deadly pandemic that killed so many anyway

Spooked
09-23-2020, 02:17 AM
I am leading a rather happy life, as i recall arent you Spy? The person who would backstab friends for a spot on the leaderboards?
Either way, if you don’t want criticism refrain from posting controversial posts and as i advised retreat to your personal safe space.
I am not salty no, ive reached plenty of leaderboards since then without paying others to get on there, funny thing honestly.
Not all of my posts are toxic, i’m just having a blast taking a critic look at peoples posts and react accordingly, banning the word covid-19 is reaching for my top10 of dumbest things ive encountered this month.

Cheers

Aeot
09-23-2020, 02:49 AM
I am leading a rather happy life, as i recall arent you Spy? The person who would backstab friends for a spot on the leaderboards?
Either way, if you don’t want criticism refrain from posting controversial posts and as i advised retreat to your personal safe space.
I am not salty no, ive reached plenty of leaderboards since then without paying others to get on there, funny thing honestly.
Not all of my posts are toxic, i’m just having a blast taking a critic look at peoples posts and react accordingly, banning the word covid-19 is reaching for my top10 of dumbest things ive encountered this month.

CheersWhy would it be dumb?

Silentkill
09-23-2020, 05:04 AM

Cheers

Chill buddy, you dont owe me an explanation

Overbear
09-23-2020, 01:07 PM
this is a joke right?
tell me you are kidding.

Silentkill
09-23-2020, 01:19 PM
this is a joke right?
tell me you are kidding.

Guess its up to you now to find out.

Cinco