PDA

View Full Version : Regarding plat purchasing i noticed this and its kinda interesting to me atleast lol

razerfingers
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
If you use itunes cards there is no tax on any in-app purchases. if you use a credit card of any sort there is tax because appl has to pay a merchant fee. I thought this was sorta interesting, but anyways thats why most of you pay more for your plat then you actually have to.., :P so a route around tax is to use itunes cards and not credit cards lol. Sorry if this is a useless thread i thought it was worth pointing out, so dont judge me lol. And there is two examples below thanks to piosidon for pic of his purchase receipt and my purchase reciept lol.

Edit: my email is hooked up via my android device and i use ipod to buy plat reason why my pic looks diffrent than his incase any of you thought i was using android market :)

Edit#2: my dad said i can depend on where you live aswell and the riegonal laws aswell so someone in new york can have a $2 tax and me here in california doesnt have any tax at all.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

dugantale
03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Very helpful for apple users :)

Artentreri
03-17-2012, 12:16 AM
If you use itunes cards there is no tax on any in-app purchases. if you use a credit card of any sort there is tax because appl has to pay a merchant fee. I thought this was sorta interesting, but anyways thats why most of you pay more for your plat then you actually have to.., :P so a route around tax is to use itunes cards and not credit cards lol. Sorry if this is a useless thread i thought it was worth pointing out, so dont judge me lol. And there is two examples below thanks to piosidon for pic of his purchase receipt and my purchase reciept lol.

Edit: my email is hooked up via my android device and i use ipod to buy plat reason why my pic looks diffrent than his incase any of you thought i was using android market :)

Nice dude, great thread. Thanks for the heads up.

razerfingers
03-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Nice dude, great thread. Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome :)

XghostzX
03-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Hmm, nice, thanks for letting us know! Ever dollar counts :D

Swords
03-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Apple ripped us off!

NECROREAPER
03-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Apple ripped us off!

Yes, Apple is ripping you off for charging you MANDATORY state/local tax which was set up by the STATE, not Apple, boo on you Apple.

The tax amount varies based on where you live. For example, tax is 4.712% for me

razerfingers
03-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, Apple is ripping you off for charging you MANDATORY state/local tax which was set up by the STATE, not Apple, boo on you Apple.

The tax amount varies based on where you live. For example, tax is 4.712% for me

Thanks for clarification on my 2nd edit :-) here its 8.25% but i dont see any tax on in-app purchases via apple on my ipod when using itunes cards :P