PDA

View Full Version : Regarding energy

RedRyder
03-17-2012, 12:53 AM
I apologize if this has been brought up and answered already, but what's there to do if we run out of energy? Like, will there be other things to do in the meantime while it replenishes? Is energy just for running dungeons? Or doing the solo content? Or just for team runs?

Vhigdo
03-17-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/events/gdc-2012/3351-gdc-2012-hands-on-with-spacetime-studios-upcoming-mmorpg-called-dark-legends says this:

"Dark Legends uses an energy mechanic found in social games but it doesn't exploit it to the point most social games do. While running dungeons does cost energy, if you happen to run out of energy there is still plenty to do in the game while waiting for it to refill. The quick missions that show you the cutscenes do benefit your character as well as progress their storyline. Some of them have a timer as well in which you can eat as many people as you can while the timer is going. You will also basically have player housing in Dark Legends which is your own little area you can hang out in and tweak your character."

So apparently those are some examples of the "plenty to do in the game while waiting for it to refill."

As for an official answer this is all we have on energy from STS:

Still being tweaked and polished for launch, sorry.

I'm sure we'll all have fun picking it apart once you get to play it, but until then, you'll have to wait. :vcry:

Fyrce
03-17-2012, 02:02 AM
They're probably drinking themselves silly, girding for all the complaints that will come just because people can :p

I'm sure the game will be too fast, too slow, too difficult, too easy, too long, too short, too bloody, and not bloody enough all at the same time. Sounds fun!

Lowlyspy
03-17-2012, 03:01 AM
They're probably drinking themselves silly, girding for all the complaints that will come just because people can :p

I'm sure the game will be too fast, too slow, too difficult, too easy, too long, too short, too bloody, and not bloody enough all at the same time. Sounds fun!
I'm prepared to complain because it needs more cowbell.

http://youtu.be/BjsUf_oIgp0

ArtStar
03-17-2012, 06:34 AM
I apologize if this has been brought up and answered already, but what's there to do if we run out of energy? Like, will there be other things to do in the meantime while it replenishes? Is energy just for running dungeons? Or doing the solo content? Or just for team runs?

That is what they were saying about it. There should be a bit more to do. I am pretty interested in seeing how it goes.

Jugernugett
03-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Uh energy?

*Zero*
03-17-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm not gonna judge till I actually have it in my hands. All this worrying may not even be needed.

ArtStar
03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm not gonna judge till I actually have it in my hands. All this worrying may not even be needed.

Yeah lol I agree, thats the kinda attitude ive been keeping.

*Zero*
03-17-2012, 05:24 PM
LOL. You mean you might actually try playing the game first? Man, what kind of player are you? :p

I've learned to be patient about stuff, but don't get me wrong now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for DL and other stuff. But life's too short to sweat the small stuff.