PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

josgall
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi there, I've just been playing for about 7-10 days and I have a couple of questions that have been bothering me. I have leveled myself up to 25 commander now but have not really done much reading or research on strategy. I have played mmorpg's in the past.

1. How do you tell what class a player is? I click on them or on their name to view their profile but I don't see anything about their class (so noob... I kno)

2. I get invites from a friend to join them in another level, but if I don't catch their name as the invite is coming in, then how do I go check who invited me? The only way I can join them is to open them in my friends list or guild list an click join. I do not see the invite show up on the requests tab.

3 When someone invites you to trade in a public area , who is not my friend, and then runs off, how can I trade with them without first tracking them down and clicking on them , then selecting trade. Is there somewhere all of these trade invites are stored so I can respond I them? They do not show on the notifications indicator in the top right.

4. I have my skills set to auto level. Does that mean that if later on I decide I want to manually configure my skills that those skill points have already been used which have been auto assigned , or will I be able to reassign my skill points at any time?

5. My auto skill points for my commander have been assigned 6, 6,6,6 for the first four skill slots at level 25. How many skills can I have active at one time for my character? If I turned auto assign off, could I assign one point to every skill (obviously poor strategy) and be able to scroll through somehow and use all of those skills during battle, instead of the four I have now?

6 What is the max number of skill points that a skill can have assigned to it? What will auto assign do when it reaches the max on the first four skills?

7 I can see a very brief summary in a very technical format under skills, a a description for each skill when I select it. Is there somewhere that will give me a more detailed description of every skill for every class and then give me some example configurations of skills for each class an point out the strengths an weaknesses in those examples?

8 Crafting: I have crafted a few weapons. It seems that when I buy a recipe and craft the item, I have to purchase the recipie again if I want to craft it, is that correct? Also, how do I level my crafting? It seems that the crafting ability stuck somewhere around level 21 for weapons for me for some reason because all I can see is the same old level 21 guns Ive been seeing for a while and there is nothing to craft for my level :/ also, whenever I have crafted items when I was a 21 , the weapons were much weaker than the standard drops it seemed to me :/

9 questing on numa prime: when I quested blackstrap there were a ton of quests, and now on numa I finished them all within a very short time frame. Is that normal? Do the quests increase in some of the other sectors, or is black star the only sector with a decent amount of quests to occupy you until you reach the level for the next sector?

I hope I am not copying some questions already posted here. I did try to search these forums a bit before asking, but there is so much to go through digging for information... A LOT of posts!

Thanks
Joseph

Mitchturbo
03-18-2012, 03:45 AM
Wow Joseph! You have a lot of questions on your mind ;-)
First of I will welcome you to the forums and then ill try to answer as many questions as I personally can.

1: Originally, it was usually by the color of their armour and their class gun, red for coms, blue for ops and green for eng.
Or Heavy weapons for coms, duel pistols for ops and gloves for engs.
As the series progressed, usually with difficulty, other reasons being certain guns and shields classed as legendary, every class seemed to equip em. Certain Armours you could recognize them by class by level 30 and 35 but when lvl 40 armours came out they all arrived In the same colors available to all class, only minor details diferenated to tell each other apart.

Now the easiest way to see who plays what is to either ask em or watch what skills they use.

2: The invite will apear in your chat window at the top of the screen, you can tap on this to scroll through it all the way till when you first came online. There you will be able to see who invited you.

3: Ignore em. These are known as spammers or pains in the neck... Unless you know em personally, ignore em.

4: Turn auto level off. Full stop. Auto level does nothing but making you have to use 2 plat at least to sort your skills out how you want. Same with your attributes points. The first thing a player should do is this, unfortunately this is never suggested by sts or the game unless a fellow gamer points this out to you.

5: You can have 8 skills active at one time, and you can distribute up to 6 points between em.

6: 6 points per skill so far. It will go to the next Learnable skill automatically. I suggest you turn auto lvl off.

7: nope. These are the questions you'll find in the player guides ect, which will be more explained by people who use em and live by em.

8: Not too sure. I'm confuzzled.

9: usually you get around six missions per map, depending. There are daily quests littered around if you find em and if you can't find certain quests, it means you have to lvl to the level requiement for new quests to apear.

Hope this helps and that you continue to enjoy the game :-)

Taipan
03-18-2012, 07:21 AM
8 In order to craft the item, you must have all items required to craft it. You will also need to have the recipe, which is at the top of the list of items (Will add a picture later). As far as i know, there isn't a way to level your crafting, but you should make sure that you are using the arrow in the bottom right corner (will try to add a pic). I tried this on my L19 commando and I could see custom Lvl 40 gear. And lastly, yes, some of the crafted items at low levels really aren't that great, but Custom/Crafted gear at lvl 40 is way better than the purple set that drops.
Hope this helped :)
Taipan

josgall
03-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Thank you so much for your responses! In regards to item 7 - is there a specific post that may be helpful in reallocating my commander skills ? I am ready to turn auto leveling off and pay my platinum to reallocate, but I just need to have a plan for what skills to prioritize and which 8 will be the best setup for my playing style (tank) - i did see you mention user guide , does this go into some detail on this? Could you possibly post a link or tell me how to get there ? Thank you

josgall
03-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Let me try some screenshots. I apologize in advance if they are sideways. Please keep in mind that I am a level 26 commander and this is what I see for crafting:

http://db.tt/PsrDwr7s

If you notice from this image , TK2 XARC Cannon is in the middle, and The Whistler is right below that. Here is what the TK2 looks like when I select it:

http://db.tt/sbmcUoyi

and as you can see the TK2 is a level 21 item. But I am looking for a level 26 item I think, since I am level 26. So I go back to the main crafting menu and select the next on the list , The Whistler and this is what I see:

http://db.tt/v7XzpmZc

and The Whistler is a level 35 item. Since these items seem to be sorted by level, from what i can tell by scrolling to the bottom an seeing the level 40 items, then there should be some items between the level 21 items and the level 35 items that I can craft.

Is this normal for all users or is my crating somehow messed up on my profile? If this is normal then that's okay, I just expected to see some items that are available to be crafted that would be useful to a level 22-34!

Thanks again!
Joseph

8 In order to craft the item, you must have all items required to craft it. You will also need to have the recipe, which is at the top of the list of items (Will add a picture later). As far as i know, there isn't a way to level your crafting, but you should make sure that you are using the arrow in the bottom right corner (will try to add a pic). I tried this on my L19 commando and I could see custom Lvl 40 gear. And lastly, yes, some of the crafted items at low levels really aren't that great, but Custom/Crafted gear at lvl 40 is way better than the purple set that drops.
Hope this helped :)
Taipan

Mitchturbo
03-18-2012, 11:05 AM
This might help you: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30474-Star-Legends-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place

Taipan
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Also if your going to PVP at level 40-41, I think you should check out Zaltiar's guide. Here's s link:
EDIT: Sorry, I can't get this link to work. The thread will be in PVP Discussion if you want to see it.