im looking for a 13 pvp mage build

Zerious
03-18-2012, 12:45 AM
here's mine:

str-1
dex-47
int-22

lvl 10 sniper's archery cap
lvl 10 merry toyman wand (or candle; pink is better ofc)
lvl 5 sorcerer's heavy cloth armor (alchemist's heavy cloth is arguably better)
lvl 10 sniper's avian wing
lvl 10 magician's fine platinum band (2% hit 8 damage)
(don't have the following yet but i'm going to run: ) Dark elf face. (2% hit 3 int)

1-frostbite
1-lightning
4-heal
5-firestorm
1-drain life.

vs bears lvl 10-15:
kite using firestorm and frostbite's extremely long range to stay safely away from stomp at all costs. Heal after each burst, and if you are caught by stomp, heal immediately and try to space yourself by pushing them back and freezing them. The best time to nuke them for the kill is when their rage wears off, which is when all skills should be emptied out on them; try to land a hot-flash combo on them. Heal the stomps so that you are continuously mobile and the hit% debuff gets lifted to maintain your effeciency when nuking.

vs mages:
you can take them toe-to-toe without too much danger, but kiting is also an option. Try to time your drain right after theirs so that you gain the upper-hand in health. Lightning should always be used when possible, and try to land as many hot-flash combos as you can. Heal their frostbites to avoid being hot-flashed yourself, and don't chase opposing mages if they slip out of your reach of range, just wait and recover.

vs birds:
very luck-based fights for both parties. Try to keep them away from you to avoid being rooted and/or shattering screamed, which will get you hurt very badly if not killed. Keep heal reserved for successful kite bursts (where you heal after spacing yourself) and if you get caught in root, heal asap and space yourself, using drain if necessary (which should be if your health drops below 50%). When focus and/or evade wears off, nuke them down, and don't let up; heal their roots to prevent them from spacing themselves from you.

Hope this helps, good luck out there

Imsebastiaanl
03-18-2012, 03:39 AM
here's mine:

str-1
dex-47
int-22

(don't have the following yet but i'm going to run: ) Dark elf face. (2% hit 3 int)

1-frostbite
1-lightning
4-heal
5-firestorm
1-drain life.

vs bears lvl 10-15:
kite using firestorm and frostbite's extremely long range to stay safely away from stomp at all costs. Heal after each burst, and if you are caught by stomp, heal immediately and try to space yourself by pushing them back and freezing them. The best time to nuke them for the kill is when their rage wears off, which is when all skills should be emptied out on them; try to land a hot-flash combo on them. Heal the stomps so that you are continuously mobile and the hit% debuff gets lifted to maintain your effeciency when nuking.

vs mages:
you can take them toe-to-toe without too much danger, but kiting is also an option. Try to time your drain right after theirs so that you gain the upper-hand in health. Lightning should always be used when possible, and try to land as many hot-flash combos as you can. Heal their frostbites to avoid being hot-flashed yourself, and don't chase opposing mages if they slip out of your reach of range, just wait and recover.

vs birds:
very luck-based fights for both parties. Try to keep them away from you to avoid being rooted and/or shattering screamed, which will get you hurt very badly if not killed. Keep heal reserved for successful kite bursts (where you heal after spacing yourself) and if you get caught in root, heal asap and space yourself, using drain if necessary (which should be if your health drops below 50%). When focus and/or evade wears off, nuke them down, and don't let up; heal their roots to prevent them from spacing themselves from you.

1 drain is too low O_o but good guide for the other parts. Also, dark forest leather (13) is better IMO

prouzi
03-18-2012, 05:38 AM
For the vs bears lvl 10-15 kiting is a really big matter to me..

birdmasta
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM
mages in lvl 13 dont use high drain 1 or 2 is good enough that i kno for a fact

1 drain is too low O_o but good guide for the other parts. Also, dark forest leather (13) is better IMO

Imsebastiaanl
03-18-2012, 01:53 PM
mages in lvl 13 dont use high drain 1 or 2 is good enough that i kno for a fact

K, just trying to help, you could be 15 too. Good mage lvl too. Tip: make a bear for the rushers :/

Chickenrunnn
03-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Ahem ahem.. Have a look right here :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52628-The-mega-GUIDE-PvP-Gears-Skills-tips-for-all-LvLs

Zerious
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Ahem ahem.. Have a look right here :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52628-The-mega-GUIDE-PvP-Gears-Skills-tips-for-all-LvLs

problem with your build for lvl 13 is that high lightning is good.... vs mages.... vs bears at this level, you'll wanna stay away from them, and since stomp matches the range of lightning, you'll practically be killing yourself to land it on them once. also 1 firestorm won't get you much kitability either. At least 3 in fire for 10m of range, i went 12m so i can get hot-flash combos at max range. This is 100% kite.

OvigorothO
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I have a 13 mage nearly 3-1 kdr

My build is 36 dex and the rest int.
My skill build is 1 ice shot,5 heal,3 drain,3 firestorm,

My gear is lvl 10 premium helmet (premium starter package)
Lvl 5 sorcerers robes
Purple candle
Purple cuddle me frost

It would be more effective to use expert leather for 7 more dodge and 3 more dps but sorcerer robes r good enough. Depending on who u fight sometimes it is recommendable to use purple/pink duckfoot (i got both) but most of the time candle and shield r the best
Your combo is freeze drain fire heal then freeze again and run all while keep using heal. Do this over and over staying at full health the whole time while effectively damaging your foe

birdmasta
03-18-2012, 06:24 PM
lol i was already thinkin of that build...so ur zerp ehhh? u use that build? if u do im totally twinning u

here's mine:

str-1
dex-47
int-22

1-frostbite
1-lightning
4-heal
5-firestorm
1-drain life.

vs bears lvl 10-15:

vs mages:

vs birds:

Zerious
03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
lol i was already thinkin of that build...so ur zerp ehhh? u use that build? if u do im totally twinning u

this is zerpderp's build yes. And i am zerpderp.... Derp...

birdmasta
03-18-2012, 07:48 PM
cool :) derp

this is zerpderp's build yes. And i am zerpderp.... Derp...

-_-Legiito
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Im selling a lv13 dark leather if anyone is interested