PDA

View Full Version : Player mods

Nick41324
03-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Before i started playing Pocket Legends in early 2011, I played a game called Kingdoms at War (kaw). In that game and many others there are people called player mods... Now before you go thinking that i want to become a mod, i dont. I want there to be mods to go around in PvP matches and sit in towns for the sake of the community. The way people act/what people say in game is absolutely terrible for a game children play in. Pressing the report chat button does nothing immediately and with player mods, something could be done to the people that clearly break a rule in the TOS. People can play this game and pretty much curse all they want by bypassing the chat filter and this really should be looked at.

Even a small team of 10 player mods would clean up a small part of the community quickly in my eyes.

Im not talking about player mods being able to ban on sight. Im talking about player mods being able to silence/mute a players for 24 hours. If the offending player has been muted 3 times by player mods, then something more drastic should happen (5 day+ suspension).

suggestions/feedback?

TEOKILLO
03-18-2012, 06:27 PM
lol i used to play that game b4 pl too

Otukura
03-18-2012, 07:18 PM
As long as it's 21+.

Ardon
03-18-2012, 07:26 PM
I've always wondered why this isn't a part if STS.

Player mods would help alot in game and even more on the forum,, if they had mod forum access, since some spam threads here have gone forever and lots of threads seem to end in flames.

XghostzX
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
They would have to be very respectful/reliable person. Maybe the AoA's or GoA's? I don't think that mods should have the ability to ban players right away, but should have some exclusive access to the devs or something. The usernames should be colored red or sp on top of the character.

Elyseon
03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Thats a good idea, would really help cut back on the language, and as the mods now are only on every now and then, loyal players could have a lot more time to regulate this. Only downside is it would take devs a great deal of time to handpick them. It would need to include a lengthy interview type thing. Also I dont think there should be any benefit for this, the AoA and GoA are almost popularity contests imo because of title and items. If there was a benefit I think devs should chose a set group without 'applications' for the position with no previous announcement so they only get true characters. Once chosen none should be added.

Fyrce
03-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I really hate player mods... for the same reason I hate dictators and yet a benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government...

Rare
03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Are player mods normally anonymous?

Sryyoulose
03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I also don't get the point of AoA and GoA, oh well... To me I can do everything an AoA can without being an AoA so... What's the point? I'll be helpful anyways.

Nick41324
03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
As long as it's 21+.
cant agree more.

BTW: edited the main post to fix a few spelling errors.

I also don't get the point of AoA and GoA, oh well... To me I can do everything an AoA can without being an AoA so... What's the point? I'll be helpful anyways.
thats not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is to crack down on people that clearly break the TOS in public (mainly cursing).

I really hate player mods... for the same reason I hate dictators and yet a benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government...
Having order in a game is bad?

WoundedEagle
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I agree. I sent Sam a lengthy PM on just forum mods and never got a reply. Without even a simple response of that, I don't see in-game player mods in the future. Just saying

Nick41324
03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I agree. I sent Sam a lengthy PM on just forum mods and never got a reply. Without even a simple response of that, I don't see in-game player mods in the future. Just saying
I asked justg to just take a look at this thread. no reply :D

Ardon
03-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Atleast a reply would be good lol maybe one tomorrow's since it is late and the weekend.

Off-topic: The Walking Dead Season 2 finale was amazing!!

WoundedEagle
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I asked justg to just take a look at this thread. no reply :D

Haha. I don't know anymore buddy. I sent this PM months ago. Most of my thoughts, expressions, concerns, and even ideas are seemingly disregarding upon looking at their inbox. I was surprised to be replied to when I asked if I had enough time to hit the level cap....

EDIT: You have ideas bro? I feel bad for you son. I've had 99 concerns, but haven't been acknowledged in one.

Bahaha

MrKrone
03-18-2012, 09:44 PM
EDIT: You have ideas bro? I feel bad for you son. I've had 99 concerns, but haven't been acknowledged in one.
Lolololol

Appleisaac
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
I do really think this is a good idea :D, but for it to work properly I think it would be better if the player mods were chosen in secret. If the whole program was very "hush hush" it would keep masses of people from trying to get in to it.

Nick41324
03-18-2012, 10:41 PM
I do really think this is a good idea :D, but for it to work properly I think it would be better if the player mods were chosen in secret. If the whole program was very "hush hush" it would keep masses of people from trying to get in to it.
What if there were already player mods O.o man would we feel stupid lolz

Luvaria
03-18-2012, 11:25 PM
What if there were already player mods O.o man would we feel stupid lolz

Lol! Exactly why the devs should read this... :D

Siejo
03-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I think player mods would be something of a benefit. Not so much power hungry ones but ones that like to keep the game user friendly. Especially late at night when the chat becomes a little bit out of control with the displaced shadow towne folk.

razerfingers
03-19-2012, 12:07 AM
I think player mods would be something of a benefit. Not so much power hungry ones but ones that like to keep the game user friendly. Especially late at night when the chat becomes a little bit out of control with the displaced shadow towne folk.

Very true, i will not forget the shadow towne folk o.O.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

MightyMicah
03-19-2012, 12:37 AM
I think this is a great idea Nick! The only problem I could see would be abuse of this authority. Of course that is why the players would be picked very carefully. Also, as much as I hate to say this, these mods probably shouldn't be under 21 years of age. Even though that rules out myself and several other (much more respectable forumers/gamers than myself) I think that age limit would be best. And if not maybe 16+ or 18+. My point is I don't want a 12 year old telling people what they should or should not say. Most 12 year olds either think "stupid" is a bad word, or they think the F-bomb is perfectly acceptable. (no offense to 12 year olds) anyways.../endrant

~Mm

Bilaxman
03-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Perhaps a new guild called the <Moderators of Alterra>? MoA's? Just an idea.... :)

Taipan
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I like the idea, but there definitely should be an age limit, as MightyMicah and a few others said. The Player Mods could perhaps give a 5 min chat ban? Once i played another MMO (forgot name) and it had player mods that would abuse the power lol i really don't want that to happen

Noodleleg
03-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Another runescape related idea =/ stop brining back painful memories lol

WoundedEagle
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Just because RuneScape used it doesn't mean it's a bad idea. A lot of the qualities portrayed in RuneScape have been used in other games.

Chickenrunnn
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
I guess it isn't that easy... Moderators aren't normal players who are playing to make others staying into the "good" side.. I suppose there is max number of Mods/Devs that STS can hire.. They can't add whoever they want as moderator cuz after all, PL is like a huge firm with a budget that can't be surpassed.. I think this is why, there will never be more than 5 moderators in game :-/..

Here is my opinion, maybe I'm wrong tho ^^! Cya guys and have fun:)! 7486

Nick41324
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Another runescape related idea =/ stop brining back painful memories lol
Runescape isn't even close to being the only one that uses player mods. Runescape probably took the idea off another game.

Skeletonlord
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I like this idea :) would be very benefitting to the game, but you wouldn't get as much control than moderators, just player mods. It could be an application process.

pocketlegendshq
03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Im talking about player mods being able to silence/mute a players for 24 hours. If the offending player has been muted 3 times by player mods, then something more drastic should happen (5 day+ suspension).

That's pretty long, maybe like 15 minutes, and then each time it exponentially increases like 30, 60, 120, 240, etc. But good idea overall :P

Lowlyspy
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I like this idea :) would be very benefitting to the game, but you wouldn't get as much control than moderators, just player mods. It could be an application process.
Ah no. That would encourage people who simply want it for the title and possible muting power to apply. If player mods were introduced they would have to be chosen very carefully by the devs. Period.

Nick41324
03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
That's pretty long, maybe like 15 minutes, and then each time it exponentially increases like 30, 60, 120, 240, etc. But good idea overall :P
Players wouldn't learn that way... i learned fairly quickly that they werent joking around when i played KaW. After a player experiences a 24hour mute, they will learn very.. VERY quickly not to curse. Giving warnings such as "This is your second 24 hour silence. If you are silenced a third time, you will experience a 5 day+ suspension of your account".

That would literally scare me 1/2 to death lol

Chickenrunnn
03-19-2012, 04:15 PM
When u say moderators, you're speaking about guys with green names? Or just normal players with some normal names but with super powers lol?

Nick41324
03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
When u say moderators, you're speaking about guys with green names? Or just normal players with some normal names but with super powers lol?
Im talking about responsible players over the age of 21 that will take action against players who clearly break the TOS.

Chickenrunnn
03-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Im talking about responsible players over the age of 21 that will take action against players who clearly break the TOS.

It would be like AoA with a "moderator" panel.... I think Devs won't permit it.. There would be too many troubles.. According to me, It will never be realized :).. Now, I'm looking foreword to seeing if devs answer, and what they are going to answer^^!

Sincerely, Chickenrunnn. 7490

Rare
03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Ah no. That would encourage people who simply want it for the title and possible muting power to apply. If player mods were introduced they would have to be chosen very carefully by the devs. Period.

That's only if they are given a title. What is the point in that? They should be anonymous. No special colored name. No special vanity that they can give out or show off. They shouldn't be in any special guild to show off. That shouldn't be what something like this is about. They should be there and nobody should know it. If they mute someone, nobody should know who did it.

Nick41324
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
What if you were able to report a post in game and it was sent to a mod's account/notifications.

Piosidon
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Here's my idea:
A few players are picked to add words to the mute list. They can add words that get past the mute filter and devs can approve of the words added. Maybe a /addtomute (word) command

Chickenrunnn
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
What if you were able to report a post in game and it was sent to a mod's account/notifications.

And "moderators" who would do it would be doing it for free? No... Not possible.. As i told earlier, "PL is like a huge firm with a budget that can't be surpassed" :D

EDIT : and what if many people spam button for no reason? the moderator game play would be ruined... :(

Nick41324
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
And "moderators" who would do it would be doing it for free? No... Not possible.. As i told earlier, "PL is like a huge firm with a budget that can't be surpassed" :D

EDIT : and what if many people spam button for no reason? the moderator game play would be ruined... :(
hmm.. AoA members help newer players for free, why would you think player mods wouldnt do it for free?..

Chickenrunnn
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
hmm.. AoA members help newer players for free, why would you think player mods wouldnt do it for free?..

Idk how to explain it... but to put it in a nutshel, a Moderator is truly a job which consists in answering emails, moderating forums, he acts by himself ; while AoA is more like a function which is for helpful, kind and friendly players who desire to help others, reporting to devs when there is a problem :)

Who says job, says payed.. This is why I don't think Samhayne and the others devs will make like moderators in game with super-power.. Afterwards, Only God knows :P!

Cya hehe :)

Rare
03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Idk how to explain it... but to put it in a nutshel, a Moderator is truly a job which consists in answering emails, moderating forums, he acts by himself ; while AoA is more like a function which is for helpful, kind and friendly players who desire to help others, reporting to devs when there is a problem :)

Who says job, says payed.. This is why I don't think Samhayne and the others devs will make like moderators in game with super-power.. Afterwards, Only God knows :P!

Cya hehe :)

Its a player moderator. Not a paid employee of STS.

Chickenrunnn
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Its a player moderator. Not a paid employee of STS.

Ah! I'm not that sure about that ^^!

Swimmingstar
03-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Very true, i will not forget the shadow towne folk o.O.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

And the pvp.

Appleisaac
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
It could be an application process.

NOOOOO, plz no application proccess! D: This would only work if the players are picked in secret. Maybe the forum could know that player mods exist, but they wouldn't know who they are :-/. It's just better that way IMO

Ardon
03-19-2012, 11:04 PM
If this were to happen the best way would it being a process within the devs. No application BS lol

Finding dedicated and respected members of the community who are on a lot and don't BS their posts like some people for recognition. People who just are awesome for the sake of it. Unlike many people that go for AOA/AOB/GOA/SG.

I honestly think player mods are awesome. In every forum I've been a part in, there have been user(player) mods that were highly respected and knew what they were doing. They interacted with the community instead of cookie cutter responses and added alot to the community.

Fyrce
03-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Don't worry. Anonymity won't matter. Lots of them will announce to their fellows that they are player mods and other players had better watch out or else! So who wants the "or else" job?

Nick41324
03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm sure by this point at least 1 mod/dev have read this thread. I really.. REALLY want to take all the people that curse/cyber bully/scam down :)

Cyber bullying is an issue I think a lot of people just ignore/look past in this game and it's a fairly big issue. Cyber bullying is a whole lot different than trolling (which I do A LOT in pvp :D trolling.. Not cyber bullying). Comments such as "you have no life" can really mean a lot to some people. It really should be stopped.

Rare
03-20-2012, 04:55 AM
Don't worry. Anonymity won't matter. Lots of them will announce to their fellows that they are player mods and other players had better watch out or else! So who wants the "or else" job?

Well here's the deal. Make it against the rules. If we're dealing with adults here, they aren't looking for recognition. If they are, they aren't the right person for the job.

Appleisaac
03-20-2012, 06:07 AM

According to the OP the player mod would just be able to " mute " the offender... Why would they get a warning before being muted?... If they are announcing they are a mod they shouldn't be one... (like the guy before me said ;))

Shellkaz
03-20-2012, 07:01 AM
I have posted on this before, and I do think that player mods could be helpful. however, I am concerned that some players could take it to excess. I personally don't want someone muting me for something like "WTH" just because a mod may view it one way doesn't mean that I meant it that way. To me, WTH = What The Heck"
If I choose to say "Snap" instead of another more offensive word I shouldn't be muted for it. I have a whole list of words that I use to avoid obvious cussing. And it is fairly obvious what words are being substituted. We don't live in a bubble of sweetness and light, and snap happens.

If player mods are implemented, I think that they should be screened, and should be monitored for their actions. They should also be required to submit a log or report of their actions. Even screen shots of the offensive action. This would make it less of a prestige award and eliminate some of the people who just want the title. I have seen mods used successfully, and even welcomed by the players in other games. Personally I can think of several instances when I would have welcomed a Mod.

Rare
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I have posted on this before, and I do think that player mods could be helpful. however, I am concerned that some players could take it to excess. I personally don't want someone muting me for something like "WTH" just because a mod may view it one way doesn't mean that I meant it that way. To me, WTH = What The Heck"
If I choose to say "Snap" instead of another more offensive word I shouldn't be muted for it. I have a whole list of words that I use to avoid obvious cussing. And it is fairly obvious what words are being substituted. We don't live in a bubble of sweetness and light, and snap happens.

If player mods are implemented, I think that they should be screened, and should be monitored for their actions. They should also be required to submit a log or report of their actions. Even screen shots of the offensive action. This would make it less of a prestige award and eliminate some of the people who just want the title. I have seen mods used successfully, and even welcomed by the players in other games. Personally I can think of several instances when I would have welcomed a Mod.

Unfortunately, "foul language", is subjective. Different things are "offensive" to different people. I think it would have to be up to the moderator to make a judgement call.

As for prestige I don't think there should be any at all. The objective should be to make the game more everyone friendly. That doesn't require any title or fame or benefit. And if a mod is found to be flaunting their modship or even telling anyone they are a mod... they should have the power revoked.

I do agree with you though, the mods would have to be screened to some extent. Also, regarding screen shots, it is still not easy to do this from all devices/platforms.

WoundedEagle
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Ah! I'm not that sure about that ^^!

I don't think they should be paid.

Chickenrunnn
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM

It not that they "should".. I think that they are.. After, I'm maybe wrong^^.. I'm gonna go to work :) Bye Bye

Rare
03-20-2012, 01:23 PM
It not that they "should".. I think that they are.. After, I'm maybe wrong^^.. I'm gonna go to work :) Bye Bye

I think you're confused. This is all just suggestion.

pocketlegendshq
03-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Of course they should't be paid -_____-

Chickenrunnn
03-20-2012, 01:52 PM
When i say I think they are paid, i'm speaking about the REAL moderators with green names In-Game, not the hypotetic future ones ^^..

I don't understand your "I think you're confused, It's just a suggestion" Atlannie... Can't I share my ideas and my thoughts?... And i remind you we are in "suggestions and feedback" forum so.. Whatever, this isn't the subject :) I'm just saying that Devs don't like to speak about that, so i think it will never be done .. But afterall, "who never tries, never has" :D We will see ^^..

NECROREAPER
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes Chicken, REAL STS mods are paid to be mods.

The whole thread is suggesting that players that STS themselves will pick become voluntary mods for free to help protect and moderate the community out of love for it and respect for STS.

Chickenrunnn
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Yes Chicken, REAL STS mods are paid to be mods.

The whole thread is suggesting that players that STS themselves will pick become voluntary mods for free to help protect and moderate the community out of love for it and respect for STS.

I understood that point lol :D I'm just saying that it could be a good idea, but that Devs community must be trusting 200% the guys for bring sure they won't be abusing of their powers...

I really don't know.. I don't understand why it would be needed.. It would be a lot more work for devs, and person that "low" moderators would have muted for example may complain for abusing.. this is why, it would bring more problems to devs.. And consequently to the "low" moderators... That's my opinion tho :)..

Maybe I'm totally wrong lol^^! Cya :P

Yaranas
03-30-2012, 04:40 AM
Coming from a former game administrator and developer I totally agree with this idea for pocket legends.