PDA

View Full Version : No Death PvE Characters RUINED?!

Buddyf97
03-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Those characters with thousands upon thousands of kills with no deaths drop my jaw. I attempted to make one and got bored after 200 kills. >.< They put hours upon hours of tedious work to create them. They need to get kills but can't level at a fast past because the early campaigns are easier to farm kills. Therefore most wont use a combo elixir...
This recent update seems great but one thing has surprised me. If you buy a combo elixir you can cancel certain portions of it for your needs. I thought it would be used to cancel the low luck and stack on a 100% reroll. But what if someone started making a character and used a 4x combo but canceled the experience portion? They character can farm kill with triple damage, armor, and more speed! And now they are not leveling! Now those weeks and weeks of attempting to get those thousands of kills now can be replicated in just days.
Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Post them below!
-Buddyf

Appleisaac
03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I think the whole point of a no death twink is self satisfaction. :-/ Would you really be proud of yourself for creating a 0 death character with an elixer?

Sryyoulose
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
I agree with him ^^ Also a no death char is more then just killing. You need to learn how to kill quickly! Otherwise it's just boring and you want to fall asleep.

Mothwing
03-18-2012, 09:08 PM
You have to think of it as a way to have fun. I play mine for farming and to try to learn more about birds. I finally got a death though, but i still like my character.

The best way to do this is to play maps you like, and just explore :) You'll have fun i promise.

MrKrone
03-18-2012, 09:13 PM
don't look down on deaths. I use my death count to remember how many times i have learned from my mistakes.
Think its like 86 times.

Gaunab
03-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Ever since the "exp-anywhere" elixiers were introduced they have been used to make incredible ratios possible. Just level up w/o dying and then run low level dungeons with many mobs and not the slightest risk of a death. The way decribed by you further adds to that.

Kinda ironic that the devs disabled kills for exp-locked chars who would farm at an appropriate dungeon with the reasoning that is derails the purpose of leaderboards but ways to boost kills by spending plat are easily available.

Elysony
03-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Ever since the "exp-anywhere" elixiers were introduced they have been used to make incredible ratios possible. Just level up w/o dying and then run low level dungeons with many mobs and not the slightest risk of a death. The way decribed by you further adds to that.

Kinda ironic that the devs disabled kills for exp-locked chars who would farm at an appropriate dungeon with the reasoning that is derails the purpose of leaderboards but ways to boost kills by spending plat are easily available.
+11392394942934923

Rittik
03-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Agreed...last 12times or more..i tried making 0 death char..and i got death...because..because

I felt asleep!!!!!! Omg
Sooo fkin boaring

~Rik(Rittik)