PDA

View Full Version : Forum posts

fuzzylazer
03-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I'm not sure where to post this but I think it goes here. :) Sorry if this idea has taken already. :/
My idea is that there is a little button in your settings saying to disable posts or enable posts. If you have disabled your posts, you can still post but it does not increase the amount of posts you have. Thats the same with enable posts. When you post, it increases your posts. Any ideas and thoughts about this?

Samhayne
03-19-2012, 08:47 AM
The "ELITE" title at 1337 posts was just for fun. We're not going to give functionality to disable post count just so you can keep that title. Take a screenshot of when you get it and get back to enjoying the forum without worrying about what your post count is :)

Elyseon
03-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Yeh posts arent supposed to be a stat
It just keeps track of how many posts you have

fuzzylazer
03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
The "ELITE" title at 1337 posts was just for fun. We're not going to give functionality to disable post count just so you can keep that title. Take a screenshot of when you get it and get back to enjoying the forum without worrying about what your post count is :)
But, are you allowed to delete your own posts and decrease your post count?

Samhayne
03-19-2012, 04:15 PM
But, are you allowed to delete your own posts and decrease your post count?

You can, if you really want to do that. It is not encouraged behavior and not something we'd create a smooth path to do via a system like you're describing.

Swords
03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
You can, if you really want to do that. It is not encouraged behavior and not something we'd create a smooth path to do via a system like you're describing.

Well and said :)

fuzzylazer
03-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks! THREAD CLOSED please. :)

n00b13st
03-24-2012, 02:34 AM

Really? I wasn't aware of that, thank you Sam. Obviously when (if) I reach 1337 posts I'll just never post again! (And everyone will celebrate no doubt.) :vlol:

MightyMicah
03-24-2012, 04:44 AM
There's a post count?

StompArtist
03-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Hey you got to admit that players who do that (one of them has been doing so for months) are in a sense the true elite... or at least spending time on forum post qty maintenance. But I agree that a disable post count to maintain a forum title is somewhat silly.