PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from a noob farmer

RaptorBlitz
03-21-2012, 03:29 AM
Well, hello there! It's me, RaptorBlitz, or Aikillu in-game. I just got into this farming business, and so far I haven't had much luck. So here are a few questions:

1. What is the best place to farm overall? Somewhere were it doesn't take years of runs to get a drop (eg: Vyxnaar and Green Ice) but somewhere were drops are actually worth something (not Shivering or anything like that). In other words, I'd like to know where I will get the most profit overall. Preferably the place is solo-able for a lvl47 bear, because I don't have any friends who I usually party up with.

2. I am currently farming Bayou Boss Brawl. Is this a good place to farm? Should I run another level? Etc.

3. I have read Whirlzap's Money Making guide, so don't direct me to that.

4. Is Skeleton Cult Crypts worth farming? If so, what is the best method to farming it?

5. I just wasted your time by making you read this question, LOL.

Hopefully, you guys will have the answers to these questions. If not, I'll have to kill something. Most likely another croc. ANSAR NAOW, LEST U NEVA GIT ANUTHER PINKY!!!! :)

Whisper72
03-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Well... check the CS prices and look for the more expensive stuff that has more then one or two listings...

The most money is earned farming end-game stuff, i.e. lvl 65 gear. But, with your 47lvl bear, this is somewhat of a problem...
Next most worth is demonic stuff, which is very hard to farm, mainly cuz the recipes and the materials are so rare...
Then there is the shadow caves tuff, but this is too hard even for a good 65/66 group to farm continuously if youre not very patient (and dont mind dying a lot...)

Are you interested in stuff worth about 20-100 K? then Bayou and Sandstone Caves are nice places to farm for a 47. It adds up over time and some drops there are worth real money...

In my experience, the valuable Skeleton Cult Crypt drops are about as rare as Green Ice and Vyxnaar lol. I ran the crypt like a thousand times, never even SEEN a pink drop for anyone, let alone for myself... Since I been farming Fang, I netted enough pinks to rack up several million gold...

Theres also a quite other strategy you could follow. If you are somewhat patient, then you can make pretty decent money by doing real low level farming. Create an alt, stop XP gain at lvl 1, then at lvl 2 and so forth, delaying leveling up until 4th in timing with the filling up of your inventory (when you get access to stash), stash the stuff to sell through your main, ditch the low level character and make a new lvl one (i.e. rinse and repeat). The low level items do not go for the big bucks, but even a white lvl 2 item will go for about 2-3 K... And if you get lvl 2 or 3 greens, they may go for as much as 25K (depending upon the type)...

fuzzylazer
03-21-2012, 03:55 AM
1. I reckon in the croc feud or bayou boss brawl. And maybe even forest haven skeleton cult crypts farming recipes and pinks.
2. It is a good place to farm at bayou boss brawl. :) I listed the other ones above. (^^^)
3. (Skip?)
4. Yes, skeleton cult cypts is a good place to farm. Best to kill enemies clockwise starting in skeller krunch's room. :)
5. LoL. I can just delete this post... So, do you want the answers. :O

RaptorBlitz
03-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Hehe, thanks for the replies. I have a lvl 10 Witch's Forest Fire Staff (green). Do you think that's worth much? Also have a couple of green gems. That Bigger Luck purchase sure was worth it :) Another question, is it worth getting the Sandstone Caves campaign pack for 10 plat? Does it give more valuable drops?

LwMark
03-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Yes get sandstone.def worth farming
U can make a lvl 21 a 23 or a 25 for scaled farming..lvl 21 drops are usually around 100k plus

RaptorBlitz
03-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Yes get sandstone.def worth farming
U can make a lvl 21 a 23 or a 25 for scaled farming..lvl 21 drops are usually around 100k plus

I've yet to see a lvl21 with 100k gold though... How does that work?

fuzzylazer
03-21-2012, 05:06 AM
I've yet to see a lvl21 with 100k gold though... How does that work?
Lvl 21s can farm standstone caves and get valuable pinks. They're mainly worth 100k+. 100k isn't much though, but if you keep on doing that, a lot!

Whisper72
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Well... maybe if the 'main' is only 21, they rarely have 100K+ lying about, but many people have 'twink' characters as 'alts' (or alternative, second toons). These people have plenty cash to spend on their pet twinks... I myself have 10 alts running around Alterra, one of each class at or near cap (bird is 20K xp away from cap, hope I make it in time...) and some of which I keep at lower levels to play around in the 'old' maps, and I am by no means unique in this...

A lvl 21 Onyx Crown goes for several 100K... way more then a lvl 25 one... In each 5 level range (21-25, 26-30, 31-35 etc.) the lowest often nets the most money (i.e. lvl 21 is worth more then 23 and those more then 25...), excepting the end-gear stuff (i.e. lvl 65 at the moment). There the highest level stuff is generally worth the most.

A slot for a new toon costs only 5 plat, so is easily bought... even if you only get your plat from the free tapjoy program...

RaptorBlitz
03-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Ok, thanks, do you know where in Sandstone Caves I can get the various pinks and stuff?