PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.6 Content Update (83626)

asommers
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Saint Patrick's Day event has come to a close. Bigger Luck has been removed from the store.
Dark Legends name reservation and Dark Legends shields are no longer available in preparation for...

Elyseon
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
For the beta release on the 23**

:D

Skeletonlord
03-21-2012, 11:23 AM
in preparation for..., Dark Legends release! Yeah!

Late
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM
in preparation for..., Dark Legends release! Yeah!
How'd you guess that your so smart :p

Zapoke
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
For the beta release on the 23**

:D

If that's true.. Then that day was destined for greatness. Because not only will the Hunger Games come out in theaters.. But DL (beta) will be out..

Sryyoulose
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
In preparation for everyone to give me 1m each. You can get your name off the list by payin me 500k now.

Jk lol

Elyseon
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
In preparation for everyone to give me 1m each. You can get your name off the list by payin me 500k now.

Seems legit

o_O

wvhills
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
i haven't complained or whined in a while so I'm going to now. Idk why kindle gets a 2 week exclusive period then it'll go to beta on android for 2+ weeks. By the time I get to play it (on an apple) device most things will be figured out. We'll know the skill trees, have screen shots, know the bosses and strategies, etc. Even if we don't look through forums by the time we get in game kindle and android users will be telling us everything. I'm disappointed I won't be "on the cutting edge".

I know we've heard in the past that apple doesn't allow betas and "your hands are tied". But why does there need to be a beta anyway? You have people who work in the QA department, can't they try everything to make sure it works? I mean, at least good enough to put the game out. Then you can either adjust the game with patch notes or a new client. It may not be the ideal solution but I feel like it would be better than dumping on apple users. I'm not a gaming expert (PL is my first and only mmo, DL will be my second) but I don't see Call of Duty, Wow, etc putting out betas and relying on the players to id errors. They take care of that stuff in house before the release.

I hope I don't come across as flaming, I tried to post my feelings in a reasonable manner but I am aware I come of as harsh sometimes.

Martin Tander
03-21-2012, 12:35 PM
i .

get android device...period

mafiainc42
03-21-2012, 06:29 PM
oooo my

Snakespeare
03-21-2012, 06:34 PM
oooo my

sounds like another fan of George Takei! :)

(he says oh my all the time)

Phoenixking
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
If only it was that easy...period

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
If only it was that easy...period

Women's menstrual cycles are not funny... period.

On a side note, cant you guys realease the iOS beta on your site, and not deal with apple? Or is there some fine print i need to reed?

elianel
03-21-2012, 09:39 PM

Swimmingstar
03-23-2012, 12:59 PM

On a side note, cant you guys realease the iOS beta on your site, and not deal with apple? Or is there some fine print i need to reed?

Not much experience with apple but I don't think you can download from anywhere except the app store.

Natcaviq
03-23-2012, 01:05 PM
When this update was released, I observed the option of buying 2000 platinum for 89.99 is gone. Can, you please tell me why this was taken off?

Iron Hand
03-23-2012, 01:22 PM
i haven't complained or whined in a while so I'm going to now. Idk why kindle gets a 2 week exclusive period then it'll go to beta on android for 2+ weeks. By the time I get to play it (on an apple) device most things will be figured out. We'll know the skill trees, have screen shots, know the bosses and strategies, etc. Even if we don't look through forums by the time we get in game kindle and android users will be telling us everything. I'm disappointed I won't be "on the cutting edge".

I know we've heard in the past that apple doesn't allow betas and "your hands are tied". But why does there need to be a beta anyway? You have people who work in the QA department, can't they try everything to make sure it works? I mean, at least good enough to put the game out. Then you can either adjust the game with patch notes or a new client. It may not be the ideal solution but I feel like it would be better than dumping on apple users. I'm not a gaming expert (PL is my first and only mmo, DL will be my second) but I don't see Call of Duty, Wow, etc putting out betas and relying on the players to id errors. They take care of that stuff in house before the release.

I hope I don't come across as flaming, I tried to post my feelings in a reasonable manner but I am aware I come of as harsh sometimes.

No it not flaming and i understand ur furstration ... Ultimately it boils down to the company signing exclusive deals for x number of dollars so people will buy kindles in return. Final beta apps are opened to public to help generate more revenue for the game and allow the company to use part of that revenue for expansion and improvement of the game. In part as we see it as evil it is really about being able to keep their talented game designers and artist employed with them so they do not lose them to other companies and continue to grow with expansions of exisiting games and add new ones as well. In past pc games released on cdroms dvd u could buy at stores some could be considered beta as well as they continuely find and fix bugs with new updates and add new content.
As far as apple is concerned it is a shame they feel the need to protect their brand and iOS... Simply put i see apple doing this to generate more revenue for their own exclusive applications while uping the price for other apps to get into the apple market. I wish i could offer comfort for u but honestly it how companies make money as well so they can continue to grow and stay competitive in the market.

Lowlyspy
03-29-2012, 12:08 PM
In preparation for Dark Legends to be an April fools joke. XD

OvigorothO
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM

not only did u spell read wrong but how can they make a so called ios beta without apple approving it? and for that matter the browsers on apple devices (not Macs) don't allow downloads. Only images can be downloaded from browser

MrKrone
03-29-2012, 01:43 PM

not only did u spell read wrong but how can they make a so called ios beta without apple approving it? and for that matter the browsers on apple devices (not Macs) don't allow downloads. Only images can be downloaded from browser

my apologies for mispelling 'read', sir.
I was simply wondering if they could do the beta for ios like they do for android, on this site: http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download
But it appears not. Please accept my most humble apologies.

Bilaxman
03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
When this update was released, I observed the option of buying 2000 platinum for 89.99 is gone. Can, you please tell me why this was taken off?

Sam said this:

Hey guys,

The 2,000 Platinum option was intentionally removed. We are always looking at our business and how it works. Lately, we've been asking, "What is a single Platinum worth?" The wide range in pricing per Platinum leads to some skewed perceptions of that value.

I can't say if the 2,000 package will make a return, or if other packages will replace it.

As always, we thank you for your support and patronage.

Respectfully yours,

Samhayne

Hope this helps!