PDA

View Full Version : Another Awakening Event & Why They Should Be More Frequent

Zeus
10-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Hello all,

This is something I've been thinking of for a long time. Ever since these enhanced awakening events, I have noticed that stats are "locked in", so to speak. This means, if you are a returning player you have two options. One, you can try to find the piece of gear with the stats that you want (but it still may not be exactly what you want) or two, wait for the next awakening event. As of right now, these awakening events only seem to happen once every 6 months. 6 months is a pretty long time to wait, especially if you are a returning player and want to play to your heart's content. The way the current awakening event is set up, it actively punishes both new and returning players for not being active in the game then. This can cause further game decline because a player is less likely to continue playing if there are stats that the player cannot achieve.

Let me know your thoughts and considerations.

Imback Al
10-08-2020, 02:49 PM
+1

The gear difference between a person returning and a person present for the awakening event is too great to overcome without spending hundreds of millions of gold excess to what you should potentially have to spend. If the plan is to phase out end game pvp, limiting awakening events is definitely a way to do it.

firebelt & crystalkiller
10-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Hmmm...incase of pvp I guess it maybe be true.. But for pve you can always find stuff that are good for farming..
More awake evnt = lesser gold in economy.. That also would cause issues..
I feel like the 6 month gap is perfect..

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Zeus
10-08-2020, 02:57 PM
Hmmm...incase of pvp I guess it maybe be true.. But for pve you can always find stuff that are good for farming..

I think there is too much gold in the economy, not too little. Also, how does awakens drain gold? I am not familiar.

firebelt & crystalkiller
10-08-2020, 03:00 PM
I think there is too much gold in the economy, not too little. Also, how does awakens drain gold? I am not familiar.It's the best gold sink ingame as of now.. U buy normal awake gems for gold from store this deletes gold from game massively.. ... So lesser gold = unable to sell/buy.. It'll cause similar outcry by economy same as booty or blotto caused..

But in reverse..

just my opinion

Happilyanonymous
10-08-2020, 03:08 PM
+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

firebelt & crystalkiller
10-08-2020, 03:09 PM
Also even if u get an awake event it dosnt mean you will get the desired awakes for your gear.
The only awakes I find rare.. Or less ppl sell is 30% or more ms awake pieces.. Rest all can be usually found in traders market or ingame..
It's less exp to buy than to awake them I think.

Zeus
10-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Also even if u get an awake event it dosnt mean you will get the desired awakes for your gear.
The only awakes I find rare.. Or less ppl sell is 30% or more ms awake pieces.. Rest all can be usually found in traders market or ingame..
It's less exp to buy than to awake them I think.

I realize this, I've done awakenings before. I just keep swiping the CC until I get what I want. You can make your own luck that way. :3

It's the best gold sink ingame as of now.. U buy normal awake gems for gold from store this deletes gold from game massively.. ... So lesser gold = unable to sell/buy.. It'll cause similar outcry by economy same as booty or blotto caused..

But in reverse..

just my opinion

Thanks for the education, but the way you just explained it to me - that is a good thing. The gold inflation right now is crazy. Each month, items are higher than previous months and increasing at a substantial rate.

Deathlyreaper
10-08-2020, 04:12 PM
+1 a 3-4month interval would be ideal ngl, or maybe make it more frequent but it would only last for. a day or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Encryptions
10-08-2020, 04:13 PM
I hope for one as well. But do make tradeable gems 14k each. Remember the more expensive they are the better they are to merch. Anyways 14k seems like a fair price.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Skolking
10-08-2020, 04:16 PM
Hello all,

This is something I've been thinking of for a long time. Ever since these enhanced awakening events, I have noticed that stats are "locked in", so to speak. This means, if you are a returning player you have two options. One, you can try to find the piece of gear with the stats that you want (but it still may not be exactly what you want) or two, wait for the next awakening event. As of right now, these awakening events only seem to happen once every 6 months. 6 months is a pretty long time to wait, especially if you are a returning player and want to play to your heart's content. The way the current awakening event is set up, it actively punishes both new and returning players for not being active in the game then. This can cause further game decline because a player is less likely to continue playing if there are stats that the player cannot achieve.

Let me know your thoughts and considerations.

I agree i think awakes should just be made parmanet in the store, or maybe it should be like the daily events(2x nigthmare loot, double orc tags) we have once every month is nice for just a day

Avaree
10-08-2020, 04:37 PM
-1 best to have with new content
And ...

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?528180-Awakening-gems

That awakening gems thread was posted under a month ago.

Razererxx
10-08-2020, 05:12 PM
Its funny how 1 side wants awak events to be less frequent so they can hoard gems and sell them while others want more frequent one so they can create op gear items to sell them. Dont get mad,this isnt diss on anyone. Ofc there is probably third side which is "neutral".

Zeus
10-08-2020, 05:13 PM
I agree i think awakes should just be made parmanet in the store, or maybe it should be like the daily events(2x nigthmare loot, double orc tags) we have once every month is nice for just a day

This would be great. I don't think locking in gear is ever a good idea.

Encryptions
10-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Its funny how 1 side wants awak events to be less frequent so they can hoard gems and sell them while others want more frequent one so they can create op gear items to sell them. Dont get mad,this isnt diss on anyone. Ofc there is probably third side which is "neutral".

I hoard tons of awake gems and I do want the event to be more frequent. Have over 7000 elite gems I hoard to sell and use in event then buy blue ones to hoard and use.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Overbear
10-08-2020, 06:04 PM
Pretty sure a dev said once they hit 100k in auc lol

Ckash
10-08-2020, 06:23 PM
True that..

Ummmmm
10-08-2020, 07:01 PM
There should be some type of awake gem only available during event that gives the event awakes at any time. That way, people could get the new awakes when they want, but it would be cheaper when event is on

Ummmmm
10-08-2020, 07:03 PM
I think there is too much gold in the economy, not too little. Also, how does awakens drain gold? I am not familiar.

Also, I think we should have at least some zones with gold entry cost (like dreamscape) in future expansion. Some people might not like but it is better for economy overall

Terrorshock1
10-08-2020, 07:04 PM
-1 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201009/65da126395368392aec2305e43f78b69.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Darkrai
10-08-2020, 07:20 PM
Thing is, tying actually gameplay advantages (limited time awakes) behind a once in a 6 month thing, to then release it to drive up plat sales and the like is a scummy thing to do.

Stephencobear
10-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Ofc there is probably third side which is "neutral".
Leave me out of this hehehehh

Pretty sure a dev said once they hit 100k in auc lol
That was Cinco in the chatbox, you always have to wonder if he’s just being Cinco, you know? :-)

Remember when awakenings were introduced? It was an event, we had to go around killing in order to loot “hidden power” items (guns bows swords ect.) then we could craft them into gems. People could trade/sell ones they couldn’t use.
Anyway how about that as mini event for a week in between those 6 months or whatever it is? Or even just add that back to the infrequent awakening events that do exist.

mrbatibot
10-08-2020, 07:49 PM
+1

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Ride AL
10-08-2020, 10:18 PM
+1 for this maybe once in every 3 months (right at first day of new season maybe)

IExposedYou
10-08-2020, 10:28 PM
-1 from me.
Do I need cheap gems to awake my gears? Yes. I’ve been waiting for more than 6 weeks now and I’m still running with half awaken gears.
If awake event comes too often everyone will be op and where’s the point of that? A bit of struggle for few months doesn’t hurt.

Awake event is supposed to be special.

Silentkill
10-08-2020, 10:42 PM
+1, every 6 months is not enough

Redjellydonut
10-08-2020, 10:47 PM

100% Agree... we need to squeeze this gold out of the economy asap and awaken event is an amazing gold sink +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummmmm
10-09-2020, 12:39 PM
\

Remember when awakenings were introduced? It was an event, we had to go around killing in order to loot “hidden power” items (guns bows swords ect.) then we could craft them into gems. People could trade/sell ones they couldn’t use.
Anyway how about that as mini event for a week in between those 6 months or whatever it is? Or even just add that back to the infrequent awakening events that do exist.

I remember that event when it happened, I really liked it. Maybe we could have it in place of normal awake event whenever devs finally cave and give it to us. They could also add new stuff to it, like new type of awake, or new eggs/gears.

Lil sez
10-10-2020, 01:05 AM
I dont know why people keep bringing this up even though cinco or whoever closed the old thread in announcements saying ppl bumping too frequently and its not gonna happen, "too soon" - just leave it as it is lol

Encryptions
10-10-2020, 01:10 AM
I dont know why people keep bringing this up even though cinco or whoever closed the old thread in announcements saying ppl bumping too frequently and its not gonna happen, "too soon" - just leave it as it is lol

Ewwwwww its you.:watermelon::banana:

Giaz Doom
10-11-2020, 03:37 AM
iwant to awa gem evet but there must be a limit for one which is tradable

Undershooting
10-11-2020, 07:21 AM
Let the returning players speak for themselves, everyone is suddenly worried about returning players whereas it’s them that are desperate for the event

Willl
10-11-2020, 07:55 AM
To be honest I think we owned insane stats for too long.

I mean, without awakening pve was hard, you needed teamwork, skills and strategies. Now just buy or awake gears you are op and pve is a joke.

What if making awake gems rare it s made to restore old stats balance? It gonna be hard but with next expansion it would be possible if they make a huge gap difficulty between 76 and 81 pve maps.

You re right the actual situation is unfair for returning player but I would rather ask to make all equal in a near future by restoring old pve difficulty then ask for "let all be op everytime".

I think awakens were never made to increase stats so much (an item with 11% dex it s ridiculous) , what is done is done, maybe an expansion or two will fix this problem if sts really wants that.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

firebelt & crystalkiller
10-11-2020, 08:08 AM

I mean, without awakening pve was hard, you needed teamwork, skills and strategies. Now just buy or awake gears you are op and pve is a joke.

What if making awake gems rare it s made to restore old stats balance? It gonna be hard but with next expansion it would be possible if they make a huge gap difficulty between 76 and 81 pve maps.

You re right the actual situation is unfair for returning player but I would rather ask to make all equal in a near future by restoring old pve difficulty then ask for "let all be op everytime".

I think awakens were never made to increase stats so much (an item with 11% dex it s ridiculous) , what is done is done, maybe an expansion or two will fix this problem if sts really wants that.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando TapatalkFor pve you don't need op awakes.. Myself hav only 1600 str and am able to do well..

Evn rog/mages without mad op.. But decent awakes can do well

Bahbayaga
10-11-2020, 08:21 AM
I will Just Leave This Here If you're Someone that Awakens Gears Outside Awakening Event Bro are u GOOBA[emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782]

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk

Susanne
10-11-2020, 08:56 AM
I wish they'd never been thought up. I hate what awakenings have done to the game.
Caused to much trouble. Get rid of them, we were better off without them. Take all awakenings out of everyone's gear and do away with them foreverrrr.

dualray
10-11-2020, 10:24 AM
Let the returning players speak for themselves, everyone is suddenly worried about returning players whereas it’s them that are desperate for the eventExactly

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Zeus
10-11-2020, 10:39 AM
Let the returning players speak for themselves, everyone is suddenly worried about returning players whereas it’s them that are desperate for the event

I am a returning player.

Kaziscate
10-11-2020, 10:44 AM
The awakening event seems like it fits perfectly in the daily mini event rotation. I'm not really understanding why devs are hesitant on giving us this event.

Zeus
10-11-2020, 10:49 AM

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

This is essentially the Para gem situation all over again. I am not sure why that situation was re-created when attempts were made to squash it. In an attempt to solve it, either phase out this by releasing gear so overpowered, that it will beat the old awaken events gear. This, however, will not fix the issue for twinks so it is not an ideal solution. The other, more ideal solution is to make the event active 100% of the time and then leave it alone.

PostNoob
10-13-2020, 09:04 PM
The awakening event seems like it fits perfectly in the daily mini event rotation. I'm not really understanding why devs are hesitant on giving us this event.

This. It should be a mini event. Asked cinco if he ever considered it a long time ago without a reply.

Titanium
10-14-2020, 08:04 AM
this has to happen very often due to the gold imblalance.

Darkrai
10-15-2020, 05:04 AM
Having it too often would imbalance the plat spending they love.

If you have the event often people will be more reluctant to spend/buy their plat, but if you have it once a half year people will massivrly flock totwards it and spend like there's no tomorrow since they 'need' these particular awakes or just like gambling on it. Quite predatory if u ask me

gilsooon
10-15-2020, 05:11 AM
Having it too often would imbalance the plat spending they love.

If you have the event often people will be more reluctant to spend/buy their plat, but if you have it once a half year people will massivrly flock totwards it and spend like there's no tomorrow since they 'need' these particular awakes or just like gambling on it. Quite predatory if u ask me

hmm but how will it affect plat spending?

Sungee
10-15-2020, 05:48 AM
I just want awaken event for my twink xD
And some GL for pve [emoji14]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

dualray
10-15-2020, 08:46 AM
If i can buy awaken gem for 3k each or even 30k each, why would i want to buy a elite awaken gem with my real dollar for little or unnoticable improvement. At this conversion rate right now, 1 plat is about 20k, so its essentially getting awaken for 1/5 of the price or even 3% of the price if awaken gem is 3k gold only.

I can not speak of some one else but i would not buy any elite gem if i can get or wait awaken event in short time.

gilsooon
10-15-2020, 09:38 AM
If i can buy awaken gem for 3k each or even 30k each, why would i want to buy a elite awaken gem with my real dollar for little or unnoticable improvement. At this conversion rate right now, 1 plat is about 20k, so its essentially getting awaken for 1/5 of the price or even 3% of the price if awaken gem is 3k gold only.

I can not speak of some one else but i would not buy any elite gem if i can get or wait awaken event in short time.

Only elite awakes can give the special awakes and awake gems are depletable so prices would remain stable.

Spooked
10-16-2020, 01:30 PM
I know im late to the party, but id like to take this chance to bump this thread to the top.
In regards to request, this has been requested a dozen of times and seems to have been shrugged off over and over by the dev team.
As to the pro’s and the cons, the pro’s heavily outweigh the con’s.
If this is not going to be implemented, even tho they do not owe us one, an explanation as to why not would be fitting.

dualray
10-18-2020, 10:35 AM
Now i sold all my pink gems, please bring back awaken event. so i can stock up more and sell them for huge profit.

SyncT
11-09-2020, 11:28 PM
Bump!
Awakening gem price was so expensive! Its a good time to do this event again. Not soon

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

Archugejackmen
11-10-2020, 02:00 AM
Bump!
Awakening gem price was so expensive! Its a good time to do this event again. Not soon

The schedule for the next few events has been released. Honour ctf currently, followed by birthday and afterwards harvest. Awakening event can be added afterwards. Please stop asking for the Awakening event. They are way too many threads about this, I’m sure devs are tired of closing thread after thread, and I’m sure they’ll add it in when they wish to.

SyncT
11-10-2020, 02:09 AM
The schedule for the next few events has been released. Honour ctf currently, followed by birthday and afterwards harvest. Awakening event can be added afterwards. Please stop asking for the Awakening event. They are way too many threads about this, I’m sure devs are tired of closing thread after thread, and I’m sure they’ll add it in when they wish to.Im not making any new thread. Bump this thread to the top is not allowed? Giving any opinion or discuss about awakening event is not allowed here? Bump this thread make you angry?
*Dont like it just leave it*

Spooked
11-10-2020, 02:14 AM
Altho i do agree there are too many threads, i also agree with the fact awakening gem prices are thru the roof, averagely an elite gem now takes an entire Deep Marsh run to farm together, thats ridiculous given the fact 90% of the time you get no good awakenings anyways

Archugejackmen
11-10-2020, 03:05 AM
Im not making any new thread. Bump this thread to the top is not allowed? Giving any opinion or discuss about awakening event is not allowed here? Bump this thread make you angry?
*Dont like it just leave it*

I’m not saying that you arent allowed to discuss things on what is literally titled “general discussion”. All I’m saying is that the event will come when devs want it to, and the schedule for the next few events have already been planned. It will come when it needs to.
“YOu disAgrEed WitH My OpInIoN AnD thEreFoRe i take IT as a PeRsOnAl ATtAck”

Xyv.io
11-10-2020, 06:50 AM
Just buy the gears with good awakening? How about that? You wanna awake your own its cost you the same as buying the special awakes or even more. Really pointless thread

Helal
11-10-2020, 03:29 PM
Yes yes yes yes we need awaken event

Many gears need good awaken

Normal gems become very expensive

Awaken gems will wake up our challenge spirit again

Now many players bought good gears and just waiting awaken event to make them op so they can challenge others who already got few months ago

Thanks

profmsb
11-10-2020, 08:44 PM
n plss sts..bring back old rare item like deepsea set,radiant set,lvl 20 demon set,and many other thing that push current player n new player to be frust n decline in playing the game as only old plyer have benefit of those...also..bring back eggzavier,egg hunt,halloween event...not fair for those that just recently play to wait for another year...tq

#sarcasm

androxus
11-17-2020, 10:13 AM
bump... reminder for tmro's update.. can we have awake too as side event along the nxt week of bday?

ZZTop
11-17-2020, 03:22 PM
Just buy the gears with good awakening? How about that? You wanna awake your own its cost you the same as buying the special awakes or even more. Really pointless threadFlawless logic, except for when you cant actually find the item you want with the awas that you want, which for twinks under 71 is a big problem.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind Tapatalk

QuaseT
11-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Flawless logic, except for when you cant actually find the item you want with the awas that you want, which for twinks under 71 is a big problem.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind TapatalkOr for hardcore players who cant even use the auction at all lol

arcanefid
11-17-2020, 05:02 PM
I'd say get rid of Awakening 'Event'.

Make it a daily event that comes once a month or once every 2 weeks. :3

dualray
11-17-2020, 08:08 PM

Make it a daily event that comes once a month or once every 2 weeks. :3Then there will drastic decrease in elite gem purchasing, then sts lost big money.

Please don't kill the game.

Ilove_Poopoo
11-17-2020, 10:28 PM

Make it a daily event that comes once a month or once every 2 weeks. :3By then maps would be easy boring from the influx of op awakened gears.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Zak sk
11-18-2020, 01:48 AM
-1 i think awake event not needed yet because expansion not here

arcanefid
11-18-2020, 07:29 AM
Then there will drastic decrease in elite gem purchasing, then sts lost big money.

Please don't kill the game.

Oh yes I will... I will grab the little thing and crush it with my bare hands.

By then maps would be easy boring from the influx of op awakened gears.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thought it was easy enough anyway. Maybe they can just bring the regular gems in store as a daily event and keep the enhanced awakes for the main event?

Tookyo
11-18-2020, 08:17 AM
Guys stop the drama
The awake event is good as it is , twice every year , once every 6 months
Dont get rid of it , dont make it every 3 weeks , dont kill the game .
Me and Encryptions gave some ideas in another thread , if u want to check that out , otherwise everything is fine the way it is

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lookupnabs
11-18-2020, 08:17 AM
@cinco we are stuck and cant awak gears with 100k each gem u told once it reaches 100k u will re release and.... a reply would be appreciated

Tookyo
11-18-2020, 08:20 AM
@cinco we are stuck and cant awak gears with 100k each gem u told once it reaches 100k u will re release and.... a reply would be appreciatedonce again , they cant release the event everytime someone asks for it , there are schedules , u couldve stocked on awakes in the last event , u didnt so now wait till january
Also what gear do u want to awake , theres plenty of awaken gear of every kind

IExposedYou
11-18-2020, 08:57 AM
@cinco we are stuck and cant awak gears with 100k each gem u told once it reaches 100k u will re release and.... a reply would be appreciated

Next time keep your gems for awakening instead of selling them. I sold all of mine too and now I’m just patiently waiting for the next awake event.

Premonition
11-18-2020, 09:04 AM
once again , they cant release the event everytime someone asks for it , there are schedules , u couldve stocked on awakes in the last event , u didnt so now wait till january

I disagree, there is not awakened gear of every kind that is easily attainable, people look for specific things, and certain people only have it. If you want to buy it you end up paying over 200/300mil+ for really rare items that are needed, which is a bit heavy on some people who don't have 500mil or a billion laying around.

arcanefid
11-18-2020, 09:18 AM
Guys stop the drama
The awake event is good as it is , twice every year , once every 6 months
Dont get rid of it , dont make it every 3 weeks , dont kill the game .
Me and Encryptions gave some ideas in another thread , if u want to check that out , otherwise everything is fine the way it is

There's no drama here, just exchanging opinions in a very peaceful manner.

By the way, what makes your and Encryptions' idea better than mine, or anyone else's?

Silentkill
11-18-2020, 12:38 PM
Come on sts it really is about time. Give us an awakening event already

Tookyo
11-18-2020, 12:39 PM
There's no drama here, just exchanging opinions in a very peaceful manner.

By the way, what makes your and Encryptions' idea better than mine, or anyone else's?Who said my idea is better than anyones , i just suggested that u take a look at it lol

Santino
11-18-2020, 09:35 PM
So I think it should be an event for elites only

Bbking
11-18-2020, 10:44 PM
Don’t need awaken [emoji23]

mortis77
11-19-2020, 12:12 PM
Pls make event Awakening again

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Helal
11-21-2020, 07:45 PM
once again , they cant release the event everytime someone asks for it , there are schedules , u couldve stocked on awakes in the last event , u didnt so now wait till january

Mr Tokyo I want to awake my arc belt 76 I still not using it :) could I ? Plz :)

Tookyo
11-22-2020, 01:57 AM
Mr Tokyo I want to awake my arc belt 76 I still not using it :) could I ? Plz :)Sell it and buy one thats already awoken