PDA

View Full Version : PvP Maps First Look

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Ok, so I know you guys are like stop with the repetitive content, SO HERE, I got some quality speculation for you backed up with facts. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwC1kPu8xSs

We can safely bet on the PvP maps being in dark mansion like areas.

(When I say *Official STS Video and Comment* I am referring to the video that hosted the comment they posted)

Ardon
03-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Cool, but did you have to make a video? Lol it all could've fit into a post

Sent from my CM9 ICS powered Droid X

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Cool, but did you have to make a video? Lol it all could've fit into a post

Making videos is a hobby lol ;)

Commanderkeen
03-21-2012, 04:30 PM
I just think he likes videos :)

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
I just think he likes videos :)

True dat :P

ursadex
03-21-2012, 04:43 PM
nice, can't wait for some gameplay of those maps tho

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 04:50 PM

I got a Kindle Fire so I'll post some as soon as it comes out ;)

ArtStar
03-21-2012, 05:45 PM
What a video. Lol

RedRyder
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM
What a video. Lol

Crap. Ran out of thanks :(

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Crap. Ran out of thanks :(

I got you bro...its on me...;)

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM

I got a Kindle Fire so I'll post some as soon as it comes out ;)

Are you rooted? Cant take screenies without root. Unless you found a way…?

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Are you rooted? Cant take screenies without root. Unless you found a way…?

I use a camera...lol, I'm not rooted, but I read around a bit and saw that taking screenshots requires some modding.

Ardon
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
If you do root your kindle fire, you can also take video.

If you want to make some good videos, root your kindle and get a screenshots app or rom with built in ss and a video screen app

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I tried to root my kindle. It would've worked, but i need the kindle fire disc to install the drivers. No idea why i need the drivers, but it wouldn't work without them. Screenies were main reason i wanted to root, too. :(

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
If you do root your kindle fire, you can also take video.

If you want to make some good videos, root your kindle and get a screenshots app or rom with built in ss and a video screen app

Just got it, so I'm in that protective phase where you don't mess with that stuff for a year lol, but my camera is pretty HQ and I won't get glare so it'll be ok.

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I tried to root my kindle. It would've worked, but i need the kindle fire disc to install the drivers. No idea why i need the drivers, but it wouldn't work without them. Screenies were main reason i wanted to root, too. :(

Just YouTube it lol ;)

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM
I did. When it came time for the command prompt part, it wouldn't work. I googled it and was told it needed the drivers.

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
I did. When it came time for the command prompt part, it wouldn't work. I googled it and was told it needed the drivers.

Oh, I thought you just download those...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/244303/how_to_root_your_kindle_fire.html

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM

Oh, I thought you just download those...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/244303/how_to_root_your_kindle_fire.html

Sir, I'm going to try to root my kindle again, using your link. Ill report in about 15-30 minutes.

Ardon
03-21-2012, 07:48 PM
if you do too your device, I suggest going to rootzwiki for xda developers.
Tons of good info there, just look for the kindle fire forum and fun the info

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Sir, I'm going to try to root my kindle again, using your link. Ill report in about 15-30 minutes.

xD tell me how it went ;)

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Ok, well, uh... my wifi is slow, so its going to bbe much much longer.
I'm deleting EVERYTHING i had related to rooting, so there's no chance of screwing myself. The deletion, oddly enough, is taking its sweet butt time.
Eta - dear God...

pocketlegendshq
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Ok, well, uh... my wifi is slow, so its going to bbe much much longer.
I'm deleting EVERYTHING i had related to rooting, so there's no chance of screwing myself. The deletion, oddly enough, is taking its sweet butt time.
Eta - dear God...

What is eta Greek for again?

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
eta means Estimated Time of Arrival. its an acronym, not Greek.
i got it all installed, im at the command prompt now, and it seems to moving along fine. turns out i had some text in the wrong lines in a file. >_>
downloading superoneclick right now.

till next time, your watching channel five news.

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Awesome! I am now rooted.
But there's a catch :(
I cant download from android market.
Also, i did not use the first link to root my kindle. I used the burritoroot method. Superoneclick method DOES NOT work as of kindle 6.2.1.

edit- i found a work around for broken market. Just use the online android market. Play.google.com

Edit 2- gonna try and get cyanogenmod ROM on my kindle. Then it will just be another android tablet! Nothing on it would resemble the kindle! Muhahahah!

Vhigdo
03-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I remember a press article somewhere (tried to find it again but couldn't) that said one of STS's ideas in Dark legends was to have objective type PvP encounters. For instance one team would be zombies or humans, and the other team would be vampires. The team of humans and zombies would then open up windows etc. to hold off the vampires. That was all the article said about PvP.

EDIT: Ok here it is, the idea was from a quick review of Dark Legends by pocketgamers at MWC 2012: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51731-quick-review-from-MWC-2012!-pocketgamers-has-it

"On top of the PvE play, Dark Legends will boast a PvP mode, which was sadly not available to see at Mobile World Congress.

The setup of this mode, though, should pique MMO fans' interest. Rather than just plonk characters in an arena, Dark Legends uses team-based competitive modes.

The team playing the zombies on one map (set during the day, but inside a dark mansion), for instance, can use the environment to repel the vampires, pulling back blinds to burn them with the sun's rays."

Old news bro :)

XghostzX
03-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Hahah, then the questions from players start rolling in!

MrKrone
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Well, kindle rooting went great. As for installing the custom Rom 'cyanogenmod 7', not so great. Stepmom wont let me, and shes got the only computer. Bummer.

On the subject of dark legends Pvp maps, objective maps would actually pretty awesome.

pocketlegendshq
03-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Well, kindle rooting went great. As for installing the custom Rom 'cyanogenmod 7', not so great. Stepmom wont let me, and shes got the only computer. Bummer.

On the subject of dark legends Pvp maps, objective maps would actually pretty awesome.

Yeah, like survival mode on MW3, that would be sweet.

worldpeace
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, like survival mode on MW3, that would be sweet.

That would be epic, waves and waves of enemy come at u harder each wave.. I'm trying to imagine it as from fable III, I believe "the Coliseum" I loved that thing XD

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

MrKrone
03-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Kindle news- I'm using cm7 now! Omfg is it sweet. I'm gonna download the cm9 rom too, cause it looks so futuristic.

Dark legends- obviously there would have to be a wave too hard for capped players.

Ardon
03-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Kindle news- I'm using cm7 now! Omfg is it sweet. I'm gonna download the cm9 rom too, cause it looks so futuristic.

Dark legends- obviously there would have to be a wave too hard for capped players.

Make sure it's a good stable building for CM9, all of the CM9 builds have their bugs. Gotta love ICS though.

MrKrone
03-23-2012, 06:06 AM
Well, I only went to xda, and couldnt really find a stable enough build to my liking. Also, the futuristic look didn't feel as good as when I saw it on a screenie, so I restored to a RC of cm7.

I'm going to root and install cm7 for a friend after spring break :3

pocketlegendshq
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
That would be epic, waves and waves of enemy come at u harder each wave.. I'm trying to imagine it as from fable III, I believe "the Coliseum" I loved that thing XD

~ wp(worldpeace) ~

4 player co-op?