PDA

View Full Version : Bully - Official

Petrichor
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFWUKWl8S0

Trailer for the upcoming documentary “Bully”, which will be released on March 30th. I don't know if people are aware of this film but it touched my heart watching it. I saw the trailer for Bully today and just wanted to share it. I have no wise words to impart. I just have a heart And it breaks when I see the strong take advantage of the weak. If this film can cast a light on an issue that cripples the spirits of the young people of the world, then I want to do what I can to amplify that light.

Watch. Be inspired. Share. Move. Act.

Summary:

Directed by Sundance and Emmy-award winning filmmaker, Lee Hirsch, The Bully Project is a beautifully cinematic, character-driven documentary. At its heart are those with huge stakes in this issue whose stories each represent a different facet of Americas bullying crisis. The Bully Project follows five kids and families over the course of a school year. Stories include two families who have lost children to suicide and a mother awaiting the fate of her 14-year-old daughter who has been incarcerated after bringing a gun on her school bus. With an intimate glimpse into homes, classrooms, cafeterias and principals offices, the film offers insight into the often cruel world of the lives of bullied children. As teachers, administrators, kids and parents struggle to find answers, The Bully Project examines the dire consequences of bullying through the testimony of strong and courageous youth. Through the power of their stories, the film aims to be a catalyst for change in the way we deal with bullying as parents, teachers, children and society as a whole.

Bully trailer courtesy Weinstein Company.

Official Website:

http://thebullyproject.com/

Video link:

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFWUKWl8S0)

Paar
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Woa Sad Video :'( Its sad how many kids are bullied at such a young age, the bullies are pathetic. Touched my heart <3 Nice Video Chloe <3

Ardon
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
kinda sucks that it's 17+ because kids really need to watch this.
Bullying is one of the things that needs to be shown to kids in it entirety.

Hopefully the rating gets lowered so schools can use this.

Sent from my CM9 ICS powered Droid X

Lowlyspy
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
My honest opinion on the subject is the schools and parents need to let kids work out their aggression. Wrestling, boxing, and other contact sports would work perfectly. Boys will be boys and the best way to deal with an issue is to let them let out their aggression in a controlled environment. If someone gets hurt, so what? Injuries heal, you don't respawn if you lose a life.

MrKrone
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I was bullied when i was younger. Feels bad bro.
Good trailer though. Ill be at the midnight showing :3

Suentous PO
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
I was mad when they made it nc17 because of the subject matter, being that the subject matter is what they are addressing-duh.

Sryyoulose
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
I was/is one of those other kids that don't get bullied just ignored... Until I helped this kid who was bullied. Then I punched the bully in the face and got suspended... But he go more days then me.

Kiwihawk
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I have been bullyed alot
Bullys are heartless souls

Swampy
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
The sad truth is bullying can't be prevented. Sure, we have programs, movies and what not but we can't control minds. I'm watching the
movie regardless of the rating.

Petrichor
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
If you guys would like there is a petition I found to try to lower the rating to PG-13. You can sign it here:
PETITION. (http://www.change.org/petitions/mpaa-don-t-let-the-bullies-win-give-bully-a-pg-13-instead-of-an-r-rating)

StompArtist
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
I was/is one of those other kids that don't get bullied just ignored... Until I helped this kid who was bullied. Then I punched the bully in the face and got suspended... But he go more days then me.

Getting suspended for being a decent human being is ridiculous. Glad to see you have character.

Growwle
03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Humans are in many ways still very much like other great apes. We form social hierarchys which usually put the biggest, strongest or most beautiful at the top when we are children, but this gets skewed by income/wealth when we are adults, since income/wealth can compensate for other shortcomings.

StompArtist
03-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Humans are in many ways still very much like other great apes. We form social hierarchys which usually put the biggest, strongest or most beautiful at the top when we are children, but this gets skewed by income/wealth when we are adults, since income/wealth can compensate for other shortcomings.

Yeah but great Apes parents do not get their kids taken away when they smack their out of control kid (bully) upside the head so he calms down and behaves. ;)

Growwle
03-22-2012, 11:12 AM

Yeah but great Apes parents do not get their kids taken away when they smack their out of control kid (bully) upside the head so he calms down and behaves. ;)

No, of course it is more complicated than explanation, since humans have a more complex society, but the root of it is the same. Allot of laws are written by career politicians who may not have kids of their own, or who don't spend much time with their children, so they are not always best in every situation.

Sryyoulose
03-22-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm with stomp let's just whack them upside the head.

Growwle
03-22-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm with stomp let's just whack them upside the head. You are right that it really depends on what kind of home life the bully has. By the way, I am no expert, I just talk out of my rear end based on my own observations in life.

StompArtist
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
You are right that it really depends on what kind of home life the bully has. By the way, I am no expert, I just talk out of my rear end based on my own observations in life.

Oh, me too. :D

Growwle
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Of course there are people who are just psychopaths and have no empathy or remorse no matter what.

Rawrimafish
03-30-2012, 11:24 AM
those kids r jerks. not even worth a full sentence :)

EDIT: if they were ants, id totally burn them :P

JaytB
03-30-2012, 12:13 PM
EDIT: if they were ants, id totally burn them :P

So basically, if they were weaker than you, you'd bully them? That wouldn't make you any better :p

But yeah, bully's are just sad individuals IMO.

Swords
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
we gotta speak up!

Will45
03-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Some person thought he was all big and picked on my brother and I went to his house and whacked a sledgehammer around his back and smashed his face in and made him have 16 stitches. Then he got his cousin on me, he whacked me from behind with a baseball bat and then I realised it was him and knocked him out and started smacking his head on the bonnet and drove Him down to the derelict warehouse and locked him in there, bunch of idiots.

Will45
03-30-2012, 01:31 PM
I have been bullyed alot
Bullys are heartless souls

Where do you live I'll knock them out

Nick41324
03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Some person thought he was all big and picked on my brother and I went to his house and whacked a sledgehammer around his back and smashed his face in and made him have 16 stitches. Then he got his cousin on me, he whacked me from behind with a baseball bat and then I realised it was him and knocked him out and started smacking his head on the bonnet and drove Him down to the derelict warehouse and locked him in there, bunch of idiots.
i think if you hit someone with a sledgehammer on the head, they are going to have a bit more than 16 stitches O.o

Walkhardd
03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
I hate to admit, but I was kind of a bully when I was I kid. :/ I wish I could go back, and beat the hell out of my 16 year old self.

Will45
03-30-2012, 02:59 PM
i think if you hit someone with a sledgehammer on the head, they are going to have a bit more than 16 stitches O.o

i hit him round the back with the sledgehammer, i elbowed and punched him and hit him with a rock 3 times to give him 16 stitches.

StompArtist
03-30-2012, 03:01 PM
i hit him round the back with the sledgehammer, i elbowed and punched him and hit him with a rock 3 times to give him 16 stitches.

You do know that you could have killed him easily, don't go around hitting people with sledgehammers.

Will45
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
You do know that you could have killed him easily, don't go around hitting people with sledgehammers.

wanted to give him something to remember, he could speak trash and bully so i taught him a lesson.

Walkhardd
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM

wanted to give him something to remember, he could speak trash and bully so i taught him a lesson.

I really hope youre exaggerating...

Rawrimafish
03-30-2012, 06:16 PM
So basically, if they were weaker than you, you'd bully them? That wouldn't make you any better :p

But yeah, bully's are just sad individuals IMO.

U edited that without permission... tsk tsk lol good point

Skeletonlord
03-31-2012, 02:19 AM
I have got to see this film, kinda annoyed at the rating 17+ but on the website it said "This film is yet to be rated". Does that mean it could be PG-13?

Sparco
03-31-2012, 04:13 AM
This isn't the conclusion punching someone,the only way to fix this is just telling the teacher it's a more peaceful way to resolve an issue,we can also become friends with the bullies,in my school there aren't that much bullies,so for me this is the best school ever,i always wanted go to this school,one time i got bullied in my school but after 2 weeks we all became friends,so what i've learned that fighting doesn't solve anything it just makes it worse and look at yourself first then say who's the bully now?

OvigorothO
03-31-2012, 05:19 AM
If you guys would like there is a petition I found to try to lower the rating to PG-13. You can sign it here:
PETITION. (http://www.change.org/petitions/mpaa-don-t-let-the-bullies-win-give-bully-a-pg-13-instead-of-an-r-rating)

signed it

OvigorothO
03-31-2012, 05:21 AM
This isn't the conclusion punching someone,the only way to fix this is just telling the teacher it's a more peaceful way to resolve an issue,we can also become friends with the bullies,in my school there aren't that much bullies,so for me this is the best school ever,i always wanted go to this school,one time i got bullied in my school but after 2 weeks we all became friends,so what i've learned that fighting doesn't solve anything it just makes it worse and look at yourself first then say who's the bully now?

I see what your saying but I find the example you gave hard to believe

OvigorothO
03-31-2012, 05:24 AM
I really haven't ever been bullied...maybe its possible that I have I just don't lend any attention to people like that. I don't really ever worry about bullies. They use words to hurt people which is weird because words don't effect me. if they get mad I know how to defend myself :D there just a bunch of disturbed children