PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy Online

morfic
03-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Has anyone played this MMO? I am a long time player (although I have not played in a long time).

For those that don't know, it is a futuristic MMO. It starts off in normal cities, but then bridges into the occult. Then slowly it transgresses into alien worlds, and alien invasions to the planet.

It is an older MMO, going on.. I think it's 13th-14th year now, so the graphics are dated. But I guarantee you, it is still one of the most satisfying MMO's on the market. The amount of customization of character is ridiculous. Items are not locked based on level, but based on skills/stats. So you can do some serious twinking. (My level 5 is in a full set of level 60ish gear. Took weeks to make that happen). Each guild can purchase and build their own city, housing their own player run shops people can visit.

Anyway. Too much awesome stuff to list. It does have its cons though. A dated engine, older graphics, and a dying member base. But you can play through the first 200 levels for free. You can't venture into the alien worlds while free, but you can do a lot.

I am starting a free account tonight. If anyone would like to join me, lets go! Or, if you used to play the game, feel free to chat here about it.

<3

My max level Doctor:
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/jholder82/troacopy.jpg

ArtStar
03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Where can I download lol.
I'll give it a tryy

morfic
03-21-2012, 11:03 PM
www.anarchyonline.com

click on the "Play for Free" button on the right. <3!

morfic
03-22-2012, 08:44 AM
NO ONE HAS PLAYED THIS?? Eesh

Dazamo
03-22-2012, 08:50 AM
I used to play this game since I was beta testing it. I loved it so much, but the game's player base died very early on. It was a fun game and had a lot going for it. Maybe I should see if my old account is still in their system.

morfic
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I used to play this game since I was beta testing it. I loved it so much, but the game's player base died very early on. It was a fun game and had a lot going for it. Maybe I should see if my old account is still in their system.

Well, the majority of my time in AO was spent around 2005-2006. At that time, the population was awesome. There was always tons of people to kill.

I loved invading the other faction's city and watching them freak out trying to kill me. :p

morfic
03-22-2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpEFlm_LF6c

Theres a good pvp video someone made. The very first fight in the video (mark 1:10), is a 220 Agent, and a 220 Fixer trying to kill me, a 220 doctor. It takes them a good minute, and I run them off a few times, but they finally get me. Still a good video though.

My name is Service in the vid.

Arterra
03-22-2012, 09:48 AM
yea sure, havnt touched the game in a couple of years, but always liked it.

questions: are you already ages away from spawn? if not, what faction you in? I'll play support role in any game as long as there are others to do so with.

edit: last time I seriously played was maybe...8 years ago? at the time I was playing on my mother's computer (she was some lv200ish explorer) and had access to the paid areas... damn was Jobe a sweet faction to start in.
edit2: if I remember right, I had the perfect spot to farm some early level boss at the spawn for lewts... its pathing was bad, so could get me standing on a rock.
:p

editfinal:
dammit nv, either dorms or china wont let me.

morfic
03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
I am not reactivating my paid account as of yet. Just making a froob (free account). So I'll be a fresh character. No Jobe/shadowlands for me yet.

ArtStar
03-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I had trouble downloading from my taby, ha ha x)

Skeletonlord
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I like MMO's, problem is the downloading part. My Pc isnt made for gaming, just a ordinary pc. If there was any MMO's that dont require downloading ill be sure to give them a go :)

morfic
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM
its only a 1.8 gig download I believe. But I am sure your computer would run AO.

ArtStar
03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Rawr Morfy sprrkles.

Arterra
03-22-2012, 12:08 PM
its only a 1.8 gig download I believe. But I am sure your computer would run AO.

spot on, AO probably hasnt changed much in years. If it ran on an $300 dell I had last year, you can run it too.

ArtStar
03-22-2012, 12:20 PM
spot on, AO probably hasnt changed much in years. If it ran on an $300 dell I had last year, you can run it too.

Sup Art! : )

morfic
03-22-2012, 12:24 PM

Qft

I think they have mentioned upgrading the graphics a few times, but one point of contention is the fact that a good portion of their loyal memberbase is still using the same computer they used a decade ago to play.

They don't want to lose those people because upgrading PC's is not an option. However, they are supposedly still working on the new engine.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Artentreri
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I like MMO's, problem is the downloading part. My Pc isnt made for gaming, just a ordinary pc. If there was any MMO's that dont require downloading ill be sure to give them a go :)

There's always aq worlds. Haha.

Arterra
03-22-2012, 12:48 PM
There's always aq worlds. Haha.

original bunny beserker armor ftw

only thing I have, since that is when i joined and quit xD

ps: so many Arts...

StompArtist
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
original bunny beserker armor ftw

only thing I have, since that is when i joined and quit xD

ps: so many Arts...

Some of us wear our Art towards the middle instead of right in front. Now that is being considerate to the other Arts.

(Not mentioning that ArtStompist sounds a bit off)

morfic
03-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I considered Morfart, but then reconsidered.

Skeletonlord
03-22-2012, 02:52 PM

1.8 gigabytes is a lot for the computer to handle. Id download it if a ios client was to get released :)

Samhayne
03-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Whoa, blast from the past! I played AO at launch. I don't think that game will ever get over the bug fest that it was when it first came out. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and all that. Sorry, I can't join you Morfic; so many games, so little time. Have fun though :)

abbasjammmy
03-22-2012, 04:05 PM
If anyone wanted to know I also play aq worlds level 40 1st upholder great game lol :D

morfic
03-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Whoa, blast from the past! I played AO at launch. I don't think that game will ever get over the bug fest that it was when it first came out. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and all that. Sorry, I can't join you Morfic; so many games, so little time. Have fun though :)

Yeah, first impressions are a pain. I will say that AO has made vast improvements from back then, but convincing other people of that is the hard part.

They still need to do a lot of class balancing. But they SAY its in the works.

Arterra
03-25-2012, 06:47 AM
I considered Morfart, but then reconsidered.

good call xD

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
good call xD

Hi fellow Art!

Lol you should make Morfart, and I will make Artfart.

morfic
03-27-2012, 10:35 AM
hah.

Well for anyone interested... There has been talk for going on 5 years now of Anarchy Online being put on a new engine. People have pretty much given up hope. But today, Funcom released footage of the new video as well as multiple interviews across a few different gaming sites. The new engine IS coming, soon. Once the engine is in place, they will begin recreating/revamping many assets in the game. I am EXTREMELY excited about this. A game this good, is finally getting some *Decent* graphics to go along with it. Here's a link to the preview video and interview.

http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/anarchy-online/interviews/rubi-ka-im-neuen-glanz-exklusives-video-interview-grafik-update-8833/seite-3/