PDA

View Full Version : TapJoy, Yes, It's a Problem

Mothwing
03-23-2012, 05:48 PM
I think it's about that time, where STS has stopped offering free plat. Or at least Tapjoy has. Every single offer in the TapJoy program involves purchasing, or signing up for real life businesses or credit cards. I find this to be not only frustrating, but really saddening. There is no way I can get a new face, buy a wand, or even the Rainbow armor that i accidentally liquidated a while back without spending money.

The new videos don't work, and if STS is working on them, i'm sorry. But as of now, the video is always loading or is gone.

I really hope something changes, because it will be really painful living off daily and Trash Can Punch for the rest of my PL career.

phrosts
03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
All i see in tapjoy is free downloads for plat?

Mothwing
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM
All i see in tapjoy is free downloads for plat?

Not for me, unless it's changed recently all there is, is offers for businesses.

Kiwihawk
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM
100% right

phrosts
03-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Hmm im not sure. Im on android and it wants me to download free apps for plat.

Mothwing
03-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Will post a pic in a second, if my battery survives.

Mothwing
03-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Hmm im not sure. Im on android and it wants me to downliad free apps for plat.

Sorry about double post, but this is for IOS, sorry for the confusion.

phrosts
03-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Oh ok my bad lol

Mothwing
03-23-2012, 05:56 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh579/Mawthy/189cb986.jpg

Mothwing
03-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I havent used tapjoy in ages...for this reason.

Appleisaac
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I think it's about that time, where STS has stopped offering free plat. Or at least Tapjoy has. Every single offer in the TapJoy program involves purchasing, or signing up for real life businesses or credit cards. I find this to be not only frustrating, but really saddening. There is no way I can get a new face, buy a wand, or even the Rainbow armor that i accidentally liquidated a while back without spending money.

The new videos don't work, and if STS is working on them, i'm sorry. But as of now, the video is always loading or is gone.

I really hope something changes, because it will be really painful living off daily and Trash Can Punch for the rest of my PL career.
Tapjoy moved their free game section to an online website.
https://www.tapjoy.com/earn/ab88cb55-af0f-40fb-9f7c-887bbac24a77?referrer=offerwall_Spacetime_PL

RaptorBlitz
03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
What the above guy said. Also, PL is 100% FREE! It's also not like they're blackmailing you to buy plat. It SHOULD be painful to level up later on without plat, because the game is FREEMIUM, AND an MMO on top of that. If getting to 66 was really that easy, the game would become less fun than cleaning school toilets. STS need to make some darned money, and they can't do that if they sell everything they own for free.

TEOKILLO
03-24-2012, 02:13 PM
MAWTHY I TOTALLY AGREE, I can't seem to get any free plat anymore

Piosidon
03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I can only get up to 3 plat a day without signing up for anything

Elysony
03-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Guys look above at Appleisaac's post he clears it up, next time read instead of just posting.

Mothwing
03-25-2012, 02:58 AM
https://www.tapjoy.com/earn/ab88cb55-af0f-40fb-9f7c-887bbac24a77?referrer=offerwall_Spacetime_PL

Why should i have to go out of my way to a separate website to get 1 plat per app by following links that mess up my internet speed. They had it perfectly fine before. The only reason im complaining is because they changed it. If they had it perfectly fine before, theres no reason to change it/make it worse.

MAWTHY I TOTALLY AGREE, I can't seem to get any free plat anymore

Ty, somebody who knows the old pl for what its worth.

RaptorBlitz
03-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Why should i have to go out of my way to a separate website to get 1 plat per app by following links that mess up my internet speed. They had it perfectly fine before. The only reason im complaining is because they changed it. If they had it perfectly fine before, theres no reason to change it/make it worse.

It's free platinum. What more could you ask for? Key word: free. Why should you have to go out of the way for free plat? Because you're meant to if you want the game to remain completely cost free. It's a simple freemium game model that every freemium game abides by. Also, don't forget STS need some $$$ to keep their company running. Take away that $$$, and STS = bankrupt. Simple math. Free plat is a commodity that STS have every right to take away. It makes them LOSE money. Think how many companies are unselfish enough to do that.

Ty, somebody who knows the old pl for what its worth.

You remember old PL for Tapjoy offers? When I started playing, there WAS no Earn Free Platinum option. You either bought it, or you only got to lvl 18 (Balefort Castle onwards required platinum to unlock). When I started playing, the highest level campaign was Balefort Sewers, and there was no GCD. I could keep ranting on about what 'old' PL was, but I'd make this post longer than it already is.

Not trying to flame anyone here, but I think that STS have a right to earn some cash for all the hard work they've put into this game. Heck, the ONLY way for them to get profit is from platinum purchases. The game itself is free, and the only IAP is for platinum. Free plat is a luxury not many other freemium games give. It's meant to be used on little things, like inventory slots or such, not 4x combo elixirs. Enjoy your freaking free platinum for what it's worth and my final 2 cents? If you had enough cash to buy a fancy PC / iDevice, you definitely have enough cash to stop being so stingy with buying platinum.

Samhayne
03-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Apple's Terms of Service no longer allows incentivized downloads, hence the change on iOS.

Mothwing
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
It's free platinum. What more could you ask for? Key word: free. Why should you have to go out of the way for free plat? Because you're meant to if you want the game to remain completely cost free. It's a simple freemium game model that every freemium game abides by. Also, don't forget STS need some $$$ to keep their company running. Take away that $$$, and STS = bankrupt. Simple math. Free plat is a commodity that STS have every right to take away. It makes them LOSE money. Think how many companies are unselfish enough to do that.

You remember old PL for Tapjoy offers? When I started playing, there WAS no Earn Free Platinum option. You either bought it, or you only got to lvl 18 (Balefort Castle onwards required platinum to unlock). When I started playing, the highest level campaign was Balefort Sewers, and there was no GCD. I could keep ranting on about what 'old' PL was, but I'd make this post longer than it already is.

Not trying to flame anyone here, but I think that STS have a right to earn some cash for all the hard work they've put into this game. Heck, the ONLY way for them to get profit is from platinum purchases. The game itself is free, and the only IAP is for platinum. Free plat is a luxury not many other freemium games give. It's meant to be used on little things, like inventory slots or such, not 4x combo elixirs. Enjoy your freaking free platinum for what it's worth and my final 2 cents? If you had enough cash to buy a fancy PC / iDevice, you definitely have enough cash to stop being so stingy with buying platinum.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not talking about the OLD OLD PL, which i too have seen. I've been here before the AO3 days, seen the old FH, been here for all holiday events, and much more. I'm talking about the "old" pl before TapJoy went haywire. None of the other stuff is relevant to the topic.

Mothwing
03-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Apple's Terms of Service no longer allows incentivized downloads, hence the change on iOS.

Ty Sam, please close this thread, i feel a flame war brewing.

Appleisaac
03-25-2012, 01:05 PM
I think you're missing my point. I'm not talking about the OLD OLD PL, which i too have seen. I've been here before the AO3 days, seen the old FH, been here for all holiday events, and much more. I'm talking about the "old" pl before TapJoy went haywire. None of the other stuff is relevant to the topic.

I gave a solution all the way up there ^... :-/ plz lock the thread.

Mothwing
03-25-2012, 07:19 PM

I gave a solution all the way up there ^... :-/ plz lock the thread.

No offense, but this doesn't help me much for the reason i said. I don't feel like closing the app, going to safari (which is very slow itself), traveling to a website that is probably loaded with ads, for one plat. I think i speak for most of the IOS community.

I have my answer, thank you Sam.