PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on helpers

Suentous PO
03-23-2012, 08:23 PM
So I can think of at least 4 guilds that are doing the same thing, which is good, but made me think. Most help type guilds are framing themselves like AOA, capping at lv 10.*
Why stop there? With elixirs its easy to quickly get past 10th. I think more
may get assistance if we all didn't become clones that keep to one town. I know some do go about helping no mater lv or area, but why only 10 and only forest haven? Again I'm not dissin anyones work, in fact kudos.*
What y'all think?

MrKrone
03-23-2012, 08:35 PM
What exactly is your thought, sir?

Rare
03-23-2012, 08:37 PM
What exactly is your thought, sir?

I think what they mean is that all the guilds are capping at 10. Why don't some cap higher.

Is that right?

Elyseon
03-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Because as u said it is supposed to be like an AoA

phrosts
03-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Mine isnt capped.

Appleisaac
03-23-2012, 08:40 PM
He has a really good point! :) we need people teaching those lv 28 bears who just learned beckon how to use it correctly and teaching mages how to properly support thier parties! :) With all these AoA wannabes (no offence ;) but they are ALL lv 10 guilds), we have forgotten to help the other lv ranges :)

phrosts
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Check out Were Here To Help thread in guild section.

Suentous PO
03-23-2012, 08:52 PM
As Appleissac pointed out. If your goal is just to become an AOA then by all means don't level any higher than 10 and mostly only focus on FH. However if your about improving the game and assisting, don't limit yourself, thereby ignoring that wacky warbird with int stats in dark Forrest. I went all the way through until AO before I spoke with people substantially. Two daily elixirs and boom, out of sight and mind of those who are here to help. Just seemed odd when it occurred to me.

@ Elyseon, ik, but doesn't have to be.
@ Phrosts, just did, and replied. Thx

wvhills
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I think the AoA's main duty is to help teach how the game works, i.e. how to chat, how to put points in attributes, etc. I don't think they teach much game play techniques. I basically learned by coming to forums, reading the guides and asking questions. I think if anyone really wants to learn how to play they would do the same thing. Idk though, it couldn't hurt to try. Fathom Crypts and Swamps would be a good place to focus because most classes have all their skills unlocked by then.

Appleisaac
03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
I think the AoA's main duty is to help teach how the game works, i.e. how to chat, how to put points in attributes, etc. I don't think they teach much game play techniques. I basically learned by coming to forums, reading the guides and asking questions. I think if anyone really wants to learn how to play they would do the same thing. Idk though, it couldn't hurt to try. Fathom Crypts and Swamps would be a good place to focus because most classes have all their skills unlocked by then.
But no one has a forums account... :-/ the forums are dead! We are forced to face the music and realize we are a minority. :-/ most people never find the forums in their nooby days.

Suentous PO
03-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm not even thinking of specifics to be taught or where, but now that you mention the lower lev maps would naturally work better. I just thought that it could be limiting to only be 10 in FH as a rule.

Elysony
03-23-2012, 09:45 PM
I didn't find forums until level 66.

Sryyoulose
03-23-2012, 09:45 PM
I say we make a new helping guild (Created by players) we have 10 people per 8-10 Levels so it could be 8-12 18-22 28-32 So maybe 30 people ^_^

Sryyoulose
03-23-2012, 09:46 PM
I didn't find forums until level 66.

I found it at 55 cap >.> But wasnt active until recently.

Elyseon
03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Really lvl25 helpers would be good, cuz they have just learned final skills, explaining them would be very good, eliminate scatter bears fast!

Suentous PO
03-23-2012, 10:30 PM
As a bird I agree! I want nothing more than huge tightly grouped mobs that have no idea I exist in the last moment of their life. =]

Appleisaac
03-23-2012, 10:50 PM
We should make a lv 25 helper group!

NECROREAPER
03-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Really lvl25 helpers would be good, cuz they have just learned final skills, explaining them would be very good, eliminate scatter bears fast!

In theory it's a good idea, but in practice it's very difficult and time consuming. I had a hard time teaching my friends who already *understood* advanced bear techniques and mechanics

Shellkaz
03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
In theory it's a good idea, but in practice it's very difficult and time consuming. I had a hard time teaching my friends who already *understood* advanced bear techniques and mechanics

I can vouch for that, I tried running a bear but could never get the hang of crowd control. so I deleted her. It wasn't right to have a poorly run bear in a group setting.
but for those who are willing to put the time and effort into it teaching a bear what they should be doing is a boon to all of us on down the line. WE will have fewer scatter bears, and the new player will find that they are a welcome addition to any intelligent party.