PDA

View Full Version : hhmmm... why was i banned for 5 minutes in sl chat?

Iron Hand
03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Sorry if this post in wrong spot but i had to ask this question... WHAT THE WHAT!?! why was i banned in chat today only talked to 2 people and there is nothing offensive and no bad words. i never use cuss words, offensive slurs and always polite to everyone.. so what gives here are the screen pics of chat tell me what did i do that caused a ban?

http://i41.tinypic.com/n5ptax.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/15nvwaf.jpg

Martin Tander
03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
well filter triggered on some wordparts exmpl.... flush it and u muted

ArtStar
03-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Chat mutes like that do happen, with the weirdest things.
Don't worry about being muted. Ha ha

Iron Hand
03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
that is the problem there is no words or word parts that i haven't said before... and no combonations that make iany bad words so what gives???

javier995
03-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Don't worry buddy, your auto correct must've acted up.

You probably said something and auto correct turned it into a mute word.

Its nothing bud, just turn off auto correct it helps a lot. This way your phone doesn't misinterpret what you tried to type. (:

ArtStar
03-24-2012, 02:47 PM
that is the problem there is no words or word parts that i haven't said before... and no combonations that make iany bad words so what gives???

Oh lol well that is just funny xD
Im sorry, glitch i guess

Iron Hand
03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
look at pictures above i am on pc not phone so no auto correct... wish a mod or dev would tell me what i did wrong so this does not happen again. is y makes me mad... :mad:

ArtStar
03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Hummm, thats odd :x

Growwle
03-24-2012, 02:54 PM
The bad word filter is really overzealous. If you happen to type a non-offensive word that happens to contain an offensive word such as: 'title,' the word filter will censor the first three letters: '...le.' I assume that if you get censored like such too often, then you get the 5 min ban. The censor really needs to be approved, because I doubt that any sane person would be offended by an obviously non-offensive word that may happen to contain the same letters that are used in an offensive word.

Kaytar
03-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Do you have an iPod? Ipod auto corrects to the wierdest words...lol just have to double check you message before you press enter

javier995
03-24-2012, 03:03 PM
look at pictures above i am on pc not phone so no auto correct... wish a mod or dev would tell me what i did wrong so this does not happen again. is y makes me mad... :mad:

Well buddy, you must've typed something bad by accident. The server wouldn't mute you for no reason.

Next time you're about to send a message, read what you typed to avoid a possible mute. (:

The bad word filter is really overzealous. If you happen to type a non-offensive word that happens to contain an offensive word such as: 'title,' the word filter will censor the first three letters: '...le.' I assume that if you get censored like such too often, then you get the 5 min ban. The censor really needs to be approved, because I doubt that any sane person would be offended by an obviously non-offensive word that may happen to contain the same letters that are used in an offensive word.

Actually, it doesn't work that way.

The part that is supposed to be offensive gets censored, it gets the *'s. You don't get muted unless you say the word by itself.

Zaonabiuibil
03-24-2012, 03:08 PM
mhm. I was saying dex. auto correct.... mute. :/ lol

ArtStar
03-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Turn chat filter on and try to say wop.
Lol

Swords
03-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Weird! Curse of the bad luck :P

Iron Hand
03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
rofl... honestly look at the pictures in my very first post i got banned for saying "sup bro... hu been?" wtw there isn't any offensive words in that even by part.. cant even make a bad word or slur with those letters. no a dev needs to tell me why some over zealous filter decided to push the mute button

Elyseon
03-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Could have been a typo u didnt realize once i got muted for typing 'blast sh_t' i meant to say 'blast shot' lol

Flashgunner
03-24-2012, 04:41 PM
You never swore at all STS should fix this.

Elyseon
03-24-2012, 04:44 PM
You never swore at all STS should fix this.
It doesnt actually put the thing he got muted for typing in the chat bar.

Iron Hand
03-24-2012, 04:58 PM

exactly so i have no idea what it was for that is only reason i somewhat upset... those two pics is the only 2 conversations i had when i came on then boom banned for 5 minutes .. do what? i am on pc so if you look at the pics you will see exactly what i typed... so where is the breach of tos in those conversations?

Elyseon
03-24-2012, 05:01 PM

exactly so i have no idea what it was for that is only reason i somewhat upset... those two pics is the only 2 conversations i had when i came on then boom banned for 5 minutes .. do what? i am on pc so if you look at the pics you will see exactly what i typed... so where is the breach of tos in those conversations?
Do u remember what your comment was trying to say when u got muted

Iron Hand
03-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Do u remember what your comment was trying to say when u got muted

it is right there in the pictures i did not type anything afterwards except for the word "same" then before i could hit enter it muted me so it had to be for previous comment...

XghostzX
03-24-2012, 05:45 PM
It's when you say something like "flush it" or "bit it". No big deal, happens to all of us.

Flashgunner
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
It's when you say something like "flush it" or "bit it". No big deal, happens to all of us.

Yes... true but it only puts the * symbol.

StompArtist
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
The system had enough of your incessant talking! :P

Sirenfal
03-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Lol getting muted is stupid.

Defyduck
03-25-2012, 08:56 AM
You probably have said a combo of words which made up to a bad word.Now the problem is,when you get muted after few censored words,the last word for which you get muted does not show off,instead that message is shown.So you actually wrote something like "got it" and then that message came.But you think you didnt said anything wrong.

Artentreri
03-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Dude it's just a 5 minute mute. I kinda enjoyed getting muted, gave me a reason to ignore people.