PDA

View Full Version : Int bear help

Coltona
03-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok, i love my dex bear, but don't like the range so much, and running bow in fang is inviting death to beat you with a chicken, so I decided i'm going to switch to int bear, but need a good setup for lvl 61 farming in mount fang. I will be running a wand/shield combo, but I don't know what combo of items to use. I can't afford all 61 gear (wands are cheap idk why), or demonic atm but glyph is no problem. I want a setup with high regen, and good armor. The damage with int is more than str so that's not a problem lol. Any info helps, thanks.

Coltona
03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
So...no help? Wow this sux

MrKrone
03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
You gave it two hours. Bump it a few. Patience.

Coltona
03-24-2012, 06:46 PM
You gave it two hours. Bump it a few. Patience.

Lol

Appleisaac
03-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Hmmm I might be able to help ;) I love int bears! I reccomend using as much 61 as possible. Even the trashy 61 pinks are much better then glyph... If your on a budget use vampyr. Its better then glyph and extremely affordable. Another option would be using charming glyph cloth (int) vampyr hat (dex) and a vampyr wing (dex). <- that's the best stuff you can get for a very low price. Hoped this helped. If It didn't sorry XD

Appleisaac
03-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Oh yeah, :) it seems to me that dex vampyr items have higher hit % but lower in about everything else. ;)

Coltona
03-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Um I'm str/int lol maybe I wasn't clear in my top thread, I respecd from str/dex to str/int so I can still tank and have good dmg on my skills.

Appleisaac
03-24-2012, 10:12 PM
O, sorry :-/ in this case you will want to use the cheaper str glyph sets with a 61 wand. I reccomend you change to dex/int though for +skill dmg and +dmg

Coltona
03-24-2012, 10:38 PM
O, sorry :-/ in this case you will want to use the cheaper str glyph sets with a 61 wand. I reccomend you change to dex/int though for +skill dmg and +dmg

What do u mean skill dmg? Or more of that i'd need str not dex, since skills are based on your classes stats for dmg, right?

Coltona
03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh and thanks for the tip on setups!

Growwle
03-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Ok, i love my dex bear, but don't like the range so much, and running bow in fang is inviting death to beat you with a chicken, so I decided i'm going to switch to int bear, but need a good setup for lvl 61 farming in mount fang. I will be running a wand/shield combo, but I don't know what combo of items to use. I can't afford all 61 gear (wands are cheap idk why), or demonic atm but glyph is no problem. I want a setup with high regen, and good armor. The damage with int is more than str so that's not a problem lol. Any info helps, thanks.

I don't get the desire to make a bear and then spec it like a mage. It is not original or cool, and it makes the character less effective because the skills available to you are not intended to be used with an INT build. I guess it is your time and money (if you buy plat) so play what you want but don't be different just for the sake of being different.

MrKrone
03-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Most, if not all, int bears are played for the fun and thrillz, rather than for efficiency. We all know what builds suit bears, and that does not include int.
We play int bears because we -can-.

MrGoober
03-24-2012, 11:30 PM

I don't get the desire to make a bear and then spec it like a mage. It is not original or cool, and it makes the character less effective because the skills available to you are not intended to be used with an INT build. I guess it is your time and money (if you buy plat) so play what you want but don't be different just for the sake of being different.
I completely agree.

Elysony
03-24-2012, 11:35 PM
What?

Growwle
03-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Most, if not all, int bears are played for they're fun and thrillz, rather than for efficiency. We all know what builds suit bears, and that does not include int.

I know you can, please read my entire rant.

MrKrone
03-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Most, if not all, int bears are played for they're fun and thrillz, rather than for efficiency. We all know what builds suit bears, and that does not include int.

Good sir, I read your rant thrice before I commented.

Growwle
03-25-2012, 12:15 AM

Good sir, I read your rant thrice before I commented.

LOL, OK, enjoy your INT bear.

nazgulking
03-25-2012, 03:53 AM

Actually, I reccomend our fellow druid to equip a glyph of charmin staff set (if he doesn't care to die a few times) or the equivalent wand/bracer set. Since the difference of armour is low between the STR and INT sets at least he can take full advantage of the SET bonus, plus the staff has AOE range :)

P.S.
To those who are questioning the usefulness of Druids, the main point of making one is to kill enemies form a distance, keep aggro (since as a tank the ability alone doesn't work as expected) and, if equipping a AOE staff, kill mobs much faster. The Dexbear is much squisher (yes I've played it).

Appleisaac
03-25-2012, 07:28 AM
What do u mean skill dmg? Or more of that i'd need str not dex, since skills are based on your classes stats for dmg, right?

Actually, bears get more skill damage from dex then str.

Coltona
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM

Ok did i say i was changing to be different or follow some trend? No, i said i was bored with dex bear and was mainly using str setups, i just wanted a change of pace and i found one. You wanna know what's old yet still not original or cool? Being a troll which is what you and anyone who posted agreeing with you are doing, i didn't ask for your opinion on why it's dumb, or if you think i should or shouldn't did i? No i asked for help on an effective build, so if you can't offer that don't bother posting. Take your rants and go make your own thread you can junk up with useless complaints no one cares about, but keep my thread clean, please and thank you.

Thanks to Appleisaac, Nazgulking, and Mrkrone for keeping to the subject and defending my thread. AND for the good info.

Appleisaac
03-25-2012, 10:32 PM

Sounds like you have never played as an int bear, but you are just stereotyping us as usless -_-. Make an int bear and lv it up to (at least) 50. Then if you still think they are useless criticize them all you want.

Coltona
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Sounds like you have never played as an int bear, but you are just stereotyping us as usless -_-. Make an int bear and lv it up to (at least) 50. Then if you still think they are useless criticize them all you want.

Lol, it does take skill playing as one, but it does offer more armor in the long run so that's good.

kiitz
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM

Agreed. Now, I know where the Int Bear hate comes from - ignorant players. The only real downside to an Int based bear build is less armor and dodge. While that does make playing an Int (Int/Dex) bear more difficult to play because you are squishier, that is something that can be made up by the skill of the player. Staying alive as an Int based bear (generally Int/Dex is the best) requires the player to make maximum use of their defensive cooldowns and their stunning/crowd control abilities. It really comes down to knowing each map well enough to know where you will need your cooldowns. There is a natural flow to each map. If you are running into a mob group with only 2-3 easy to kill mobs and the next group has 5-6 with some hard hitting casters, save your evade and ironblood. Noob bears completely ignore this aspect of the game and go, "Oh, look, an ability is available, better press it immediately!" A healthy spamming of pots is also generally necessary as an int/dex bear.

Its been reiterated multiple times (a few times by myself already), but playing an int based bear trades survivability for damage. You make up the survivability issues with more skillful play or by using an elixir (the easy way), so you are just left with contributing more to your team with more damage output.

I'll even go as far to say that an int based bear build is overall more effective than an all strength bear build. Full strength bears are virtually worthless due to the extremely low hit percentage (66%). Skills and attacks miss frequently and the str bear has difficulty even pulling and maintaining aggro. Thus, all that extra armor and dodge is useless because mobs aren't attacking the bear anyway.

/rantoff

Appleisaac
03-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Woot woot!!!!

TheLaw
03-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Actually, i think IntBears will have a comeback. The armor on int gears now and the damage of the weapons compared to last time is just, insane. Everyone has a different build, conradin and I used to go str int back then. But I'd greatly suggest you go dex int nowadays. though StrInt bears shouldn't be a bad option. :)

Coltona
03-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Actually, i think IntBears will have a comeback. The armor on int gears now and the damage of the weapons compared to last time is just, insane. Everyone has a different build, conradin and I used to go str int back then. But I'd greatly suggest you go dex int nowadays. though StrInt bears shouldn't be a bad option. :)

Why dex int?

Appleisaac
03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Why dex int?

Because dex increases dmg and skill damage. Your hit% will also increase, as will your crit. IMO dex is generally then str for int bears, but there are ways to be an effective team member with both builds.

Coltona
03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Because dex increases dmg and skill damage. Your hit% will also increase, as will your crit. IMO dex is generally then str for int bears, but there are ways to be an effective team member with both builds.

But with dex/int wouldn't you be squishier than with some str thrown in there, causing you to be less effective as a tank?

Appleisaac
03-27-2012, 11:35 AM
If your a good tank, you won't need the extra armor ;) I call str "training wheels".

kiitz
03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
But with dex/int wouldn't you be squishier than with some str thrown in there, causing you to be less effective as a tank?

It depends on how you define "effective". Not having any Strength in your build will make it a little bit harder for you to survive, but if you are good enough to survive as both a strength build and a non-strength build, then it doesn't matter. Effectiveness of a tank is really then defined by the ability of the "tank" to keep mobs off of their even squishier teammates. As a bear, this is mainly done through a combination of stuns (beckon, stomp, hellscream) and not so much by soaking up shots to the face. The tank does still wants all the mobs to be attacking him instead of his teammates. The ONLY way to get that to happen is to have your taunt land on the enemy (and this doesn't always do a very good job) and more importantly, deal enough damage to the mobs to keep them aggroed on you.

Dex gives a bear more hit and damage which helps the bear land his skills to keep the mobs stunned and do more damage, keeping the aggro of the mobs/boss on him.

Coltona
03-27-2012, 04:36 PM
It depends on how you define "effective". Not having any Strength in your build will make it a little bit harder for you to survive, but if you are good enough to survive as both a strength build and a non-strength build, then it doesn't matter. Effectiveness of a tank is really then defined by the ability of the "tank" to keep mobs off of their even squishier teammates. As a bear, this is mainly done through a combination of stuns (beckon, stomp, hellscream) and not so much by soaking up shots to the face. The tank does still wants all the mobs to be attacking him instead of his teammates. The ONLY way to get that to happen is to have your taunt land on the enemy (and this doesn't always do a very good job) and more importantly, deal enough damage to the mobs to keep them aggroed on you.

Dex gives a bear more hit and damage which helps the bear land his skills to keep the mobs stunned and do more damage, keeping the aggro of the mobs/boss on him.
Alright i'll try it out.