PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Gifting System

NukeDragon
10-20-2020, 06:16 PM
I suggest a way to gift something for a temporary amount of time.
- Making it untradable or sellable.
- It returns to the owner automatically after the time is up.
- Make it where the owner sets how long the temporary gift lasts.
- It returns to the owner whether or not the person doesn't log back on.
This would make scamming not happen and you won’t have to worry about reports on it.

holdmytalons
10-20-2020, 06:22 PM
I suggest a way to gift something for a temporary amount of time.
- Making it untradable or sellable. It returns to the owner automatically after the time is up.
- Make it where the owner sets how long the temporary gift lasts.
- It returns to the owner whether or not the person doesn't log back on.
This would make scamming not happen and you won’t have to worry about reports on it.This is a great idea

Hjable
10-25-2020, 05:59 PM
Yeah it would be kinda cool but I wonder if it would mess up merchant cause what the point of buying if someone can just lend us the items.and people would lend cause there no risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yjay
10-25-2020, 06:01 PM
lending would cost tax, and love this ideaa..Cinco please add this

vex
10-25-2020, 06:06 PM
it has disadvantages.. scammers can use dis.. lets say u wanna swap 5 items for 1 item.. n one trade only holds 4 items.. so the other item has to be gifted.. this mean the scammer can put the timer n he can take back his item after the trade is done.. maybe u can add a notice to the reciever saying dat the item will be returned in a specific amount of time

Yjay
10-25-2020, 06:09 PM
Before the trade, the traders can check if its timed or not. having strong secure system.

Hjable
10-26-2020, 12:05 PM
I like the tax idea but if it’s only higher than bough to encourage people to work for there on set still but also cheap enough to be worth lending someone item. Also I’ll like it to have a another coin area were players (lender) can enter a amount of coin it cost to borrow there item and for how long

But who should pay the tax the lender or borrowers. Yeah this is a great way to have a continuous way to remove gold from game fairly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinco
10-26-2020, 12:11 PM
We have talked about this before (about two years ago) and all the problems still remain.

In a nutshell: this sort of thing creates a brand new avenue of scamming and exploitation, and it destroys the need for anyone to 'earn' items (thus killing the trade economy... as literally everyone will just 'rent' items).

Sorry for the facts but they're facts.