PDA

View Full Version : How to lower ping?

Pulaxgang
10-21-2020, 12:46 AM
I would kindly like to know if there are ways I can lower my ping to maybe below 100. I have a stable ping at 350-390, I have never seen below 300. I have tried different providers and upgrading devices to 2019-2020 models.
I live in New Zealand half way around the world from where STS headquarters are. (Maybe due to servers?)

I ask this because I have this really bad delay in ping. Where I am seeing arrows fly through rocks and hitting me. (Pvp mode TDM)

Feel free to drop your opinion weather it’s relevant or not lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Encryptions
10-21-2020, 12:57 AM
Buy a plane ticket move to the US and get fiber optic wifi.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Silentkill
10-21-2020, 01:15 AM
I would kindly like to know if there are ways I can lower my ping to maybe below 100. I have a stable ping at 350-390, I have never seen below 300. I have tried different providers and upgrading devices to 2019-2020 models.
I live in New Zealand half way around the world from where STS headquarters are. (Maybe due to servers?)

I ask this because I have this really bad delay in ping. Where I am seeing arrows fly through rocks and hitting me. (Pvp mode TDM)

Feel free to drop your opinion weather it’s relevant or not lol

What Encryptions said basically. Unless your device is outdated or the internet you receive from your provider is slow, then I think the only way to improve ping is to move closer to the StS server

Usually a lot of timed leaderboard runners leaders are from the US because of that. It’s just a very huge advantage if you have a ping 50 and below, it can make or break a record, for example

newzealand
10-21-2020, 01:58 AM
Ring ya net provider ask them to turn off "intervals" to your internet some charge 5bucks to do it

Arachnophobik
10-21-2020, 03:10 AM
How bad is 300 really though? I play at 300 and feels fine for me, then again I don't play rogue, I'm a warrior which is generally slower in all aspects, but I've always played with around 250-400 ping (asia). Arrows going through rocks seem more like an animation problem as I don't think the arrow animation stops once it hits the rocks, giving the placebo that you're being hit. (don't take my word for it, I'm not their dev). The animations, in general, aren't in sync for the most part with the actual skills and effects, i.e using Chest Splitter on a speed set and you'll miss most of your hits because it seems it registers your position beyond where the animation actually is, you'll have to stay still for it to hit the way you want to.

That or you're right about the ping messing your game, dunno :/

Pulaxgang
10-21-2020, 04:25 AM

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Would if boarders are open?

Athina Lopes
10-21-2020, 04:38 AM
How bad is 300 really though? I play at 300 and feels fine for me, then again I don't play rogue, I'm a warrior which is generally slower in all aspects, but I've always played with around 250-400 ping (asia). Arrows going through rocks seem more like an animation problem as I don't think the arrow animation stops once it hits the rocks, giving the placebo that you're being hit. (don't take my word for it, I'm not their dev). The animations, in general, aren't in sync for the most part with the actual skills and effects, i.e using Chest Splitter on a speed set and you'll miss most of your hits because it seems it registers your position beyond where the animation actually is, you'll have to stay still for it to hit the way you want to.

That or you're right about the ping messing your game, dunno :/Imagine you as rogue(300ping) vsing another rogue from USA with 20-30 ping , which u can be easily be beated with only 1-2hits ...is a pain zzzz

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Skolking
10-21-2020, 05:07 AM
Imagine you as rogue(300ping) vsing another rogue from USA with 20-30 ping , which u can be easily be beated with only 1-2hits ...is a pain zzzz

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Thats why i dont pvp i always have 350-500 ping and i lag and then am dead.
But i tried using the 1.1.1.1 dns app it makes pve playable but pvp is still a no i keep getting farmed before i can react to anything

Badsha Khan
10-21-2020, 05:49 AM

Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkHow can all the Asian players who r having the same issue move to US?

Sent from my POCO X2 using Tapatalk

Spooked
10-21-2020, 06:15 AM
How can all the Asian players who r having the same issue move to US?

Sent from my POCO X2 using Tapatalk

Thats besides the point

Skullaegis
10-21-2020, 06:20 AM
get better internet

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Antispace
10-21-2020, 06:26 AM
Have you tried to play via lan on ur pc/laptop or example?

Nouts
10-21-2020, 09:44 AM

Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkWkwkkwkwk

Enviado de meu SM-A205G usando o Tapatalk

Overbear
10-21-2020, 01:11 PM
Try using an ethernet cable, or move to the east coast in the United States.

Zeus
10-21-2020, 01:18 PM
I heard of one player running AL thru a cloud VPN. As a result, he was able to get 50 ping in China. I am not sure if that is allowed though or if it is cost-effective.

Spooked
10-21-2020, 03:44 PM
I heard of one player running AL thru a cloud VPN. As a result, he was able to get 50 ping in China. I am not sure if that is allowed though or if it is cost-effective.

Cost efficient most definitely, and if hes not doing anything related to ingame rewarding through 3rd party providers also allowed.

Zeus
10-21-2020, 07:38 PM
Cost efficient most definitely, and if hes not doing anything related to ingame rewarding through 3rd party providers also allowed.

It still won't be true 50 ping, as you have to now add in the ms delay of the cloud vpn. However, it will be a lot better than 300 ping. That approach will probably be a 100-150 true ping.

Lawpvp
10-21-2020, 08:20 PM

That or you're right about the ping messing your game, dunno :/

300 ping is actually huge. It means theres 3 tenths of a second delay for everything. 3 tenths of a second in pvp is gamechanging. @OP I see you posted on an ipad. Are you also playing on an ipad? You might get a faster connection using an ethernet cord with a pc/laptop than playing over wifi on a tablet

Spooked
10-22-2020, 12:47 AM
It still won't be true 50 ping, as you have to now add in the ms delay of the cloud vpn. However, it will be a lot better than 300 ping. That approach will probably be a 100-150 true ping.

I would still call that very cost efficient considering hes said to live in china

Bbking
10-22-2020, 08:45 AM
I would still call that very cost efficient considering hes said to live in china

Im in China use vpn,but best ping is 300. And
sometimes disconnect......not stable

Spooked
10-22-2020, 09:00 AM
Im in China use vpn,but best ping is 300. And
sometimes disconnect......not stable

Then I recommend using the vpn the other chinese player uses.

Bbking
10-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Then I recommend using the vpn the other chinese player uses.

Cost-effective? Can search it in app store?

Spooked
10-22-2020, 09:05 AM
Cost-effective? Can search it in app store?

I don’t know, but going off the information Oakmaiden provided it appears to be cost effective, yes.
If there is a VPN that can give you not only access to a game you normally wouldnt be able to play, and have average ping while doing so, i cant imagine a price too high.
Either way most of the top tier VPNS dont cost more than a few bucks per month.

Bbking
10-22-2020, 09:15 AM
I don’t know, but going off the information Oakmaiden provided it appears to be cost effective, yes.
If there is a VPN that can give you not only access to a game you normally wouldnt be able to play, and have average ping while doing so, i cant imagine a price too high.
Either way most of the top tier VPNS dont cost more than a few bucks per month.

Yeah I am looking for better vpn,mine unstable in AL.