PDA

View Full Version : PvP Guide for Commandoes

stophatin
03-24-2012, 09:35 PM
OK, time to get down to business. We all know that commandos are good and all, but you don't know that you could still lose a lot in PvP/CTF. The main reasons are your build and your strategies. I have all classes so I will soon make a guide for Engineers. First thing is first, your gear. It is important to the battle. You would think that since you have custom then you would win against another "Red" commando, but that is not the case. It is how efficiently you use your gear.A good substitute for a Nova Blaster is a Chaos Breather and it's only 5-9k out of your pocket. That way, you could still win.A good shield could be either the platinum store shield Blackstar Shield OR a regular l35 purple shield. Holiday shields don't do you any good.
Now for your build, you need skills that represent Damage, Armor Buff, and Regen of heal/mana. Here is a good build that i had just tried out on my commando a few minutes ago.
I love it personally. People always over do their mana regen, but i think 6 is too much. This is the photo for lvl40, add further points to Kinetic Energy. Special shout out over to BOEJANGLES! thanks for your guide man. P.S, i didn't take his info, i just read it to see if i was wrong in anyway.

Class;

Engineer:
For a commando to beat a engineer is very common, but one thing about engineers is that they have to be prepared to use their DOTs and run. For a commando to kill an eng, make it a fast battle and use;
Kinetic Energy>Rage>Increase Mass>Graviton Slam>Vigor>Singularity>Neuron Stomp>and the last killer move Backbreaker! then they will be dead.

Operative:
These guys are tough, but they can be beat. A few minutes ago, i tested out to see how operatives fight. Most of them fight head on with good damage skills in their build so when you are fighting them, make sure you stay in the middle of the map. That way if they lurch you, you could get away from their harmful attacks. Now the aggressive kiters , make sure you use Graviton Slam and stand near the pillars so that when they try lurching and running, you would be able to use the Singularity. That way, you could get into stomping range and throw rag doll combos at them and yell "TASTE MY RAG DOLL COMBO". Commandos are tough guys and need to show that more.

Commando:
Commando vs. Commando isn't based on tactics. Commandos are the only class that jump into the battleground to kill. They always do head on clashes when facing one another. To kill one, you must have a build like mine. Its really simple to make your own build, but that'll be in a different thread. So for commandos, all you have to do is try your hardest and use a lot of combos. And one tip, in the beginning of the battle, save your Increase Mass for after the opponent throws their Singularity and Neuron Stomp at you. That is the moment you use Increase Mass because Increase Mass lowers your Dodge and dodging knockdowns are crucial to you health. That way you can dodge their knockdowns and get a good armor count for when all they can do is shoot you. That preserves your HP by 10% so you could win against Custom commandos with your cheap red armor!

Please send me feedback. It is well appreciated. If you have any suggestions, Pm me in game or on my profile pic.

javier995
03-25-2012, 05:17 PM
If I may add one thing.

Never guess your opponents health, don't go in directly if you have 1-10% left. That can end up in a bad way. You're never suppose to guess the HP BC 90% of time, you won't be accurate.

javier995
03-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Bleh! I was talking about engineer class, they caht possably get u that low hp without being low hp

You must remember, an engi has way more healing abilities than you. That being said, they'll never stop not healing. So if they're running and you only have 1-10% that means their 1-10% can fly up to 50% with a couple skills.

Would you be willing to take that's risk?

javier995
03-25-2012, 07:14 PM
But that section of the guide states not to run, so that attatched tip was via to the section :) nice try man

Lol I can't help but to take that as a mini troll.

Ok lets see now, maybe this will convince you.

scenario:
You're at 5% (on com) vs an engi who's at 10%

You run in, but hey lookie here engi saved his heals! Bam engi has 50%, and you're still at 5%.

Engi does his lil combo and you're dead!

Omg, if only you had stepped back to heal!

You can choose to do what you wish, I rather just tell you that's not that smart of an idea.

So if I do say so myself, I did have a nice try;)

stophatin
03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Lol I can't help but to take that as a mini troll.

Ok lets see now, maybe this will convince you.

scenario:
You're at 5% (on com) vs an engi who's at 10%

You run in, but hey lookie here engi saved his heals! Bam engi has 50%, and you're still at 5%.

Engi does his lil combo and you're dead!

Omg, if only you had stepped back to heal!

You can choose to do what you wish, I rather just tell you that's not that smart of an idea.

So if I do say so myself, I did have a nice try;)

But! Look, if you throw your combo at him correctly, his heal wouodnt bring his life up for nothing, it just depends on your PvP experience. If you were new, you would have a chance at death, if you are pro at PvP, your combo would hit perfectly and their life drains before. yours, there is another scenerio where you have to try hitting them with a continued damage cast so that if you die, they would die too. That way you both get 1k/d

javier995
03-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Its doesn't solely depend on you, it also depends on the engi and how well they are at what they do.

Since this is a guide, it's obviously for newer pvp coms is it not? Then like you told me ingame, that part shouldn't be there as it could cause some players to die. Then who will they be mad for telling them to do that?

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm just advising that that's not the best decision when you're at low health.

stophatin
03-26-2012, 03:03 PM
haha, you got me man.....That part about the new commandos really caught me off guard, sorry for that mess up everybody. i owe you one javi

stophatin
03-26-2012, 03:05 PM
just to add one more thing, Maybe if you did stay back and heal, the engineer would heal too, just saying but i'll use that advice you gave me, its a rare case scenerio for the eng to bring you that low.

javier995
03-26-2012, 05:31 PM
just to add one more thing, Maybe if you did stay back and heal, the engineer would heal too, just saying but i'll use that advice you gave me, its a rare case scenerio for the eng to bring you that low.

That's when you get buttnaked and heal behind a pillar ;)

stophatin
03-26-2012, 06:47 PM
lol. ur feedback i found helped very much.