PDA

View Full Version : Thanks bar.

Elysony
03-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Referring to the dots under name. I know it's like rep. What I don't get is I have 26 thanks and have 1 bar yet a couple with 20ish have 2? I'm confused. Like Chickenrunnn got 2 bars at 35 thanks. Yet I see people with 40 who have 1.

Fao
03-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I think it may be how many they get in one post, if you check on settings it shows how many points you have, so if you get more likes on one post then maybe you get more points! Just a guess though!!

Elysony
03-24-2012, 11:49 PM
I think it may be how many they get in one post, if you check on settings it shows how many points you have, so if you get more likes on one post then maybe you get more points! Just a guess though!!
Oh okay I found the points so 100 is 2 bars! Thanks.

NECROREAPER
03-25-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't understand it either. I thought it was 1 bar for every 100 points but I have found that that isnt the case.

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 04:32 AM
I have rationalized the little green bars myself.
It is not a thanks bar first of all.

You get two bars if you hit 500 posts
Another bar will probably show itself after another 500.
Any excess bars are given with X amount of thanks given, and times thanked.
I am pretty sure that is how it works, but it would be nice to have a chart or something.
I dont really see how your rep effects it.

I have absolutely no idea what the little red bars mean.
It would be great to have a dev confirm this topic.

saool
03-25-2012, 04:42 AM
tbh the best way to understand this is to not mind it at all :D

NECROREAPER
03-25-2012, 04:53 AM
tbh the best way to understand this is to not mind it at all :D

This

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 05:02 AM
This
HAH.
Great answers guys they helped alot.

Trying not to worry about it does not help the OP.
Trying not to worry about it doesn't get questions answered.

I'd rather try and be useful than post useless things.

Elysony
03-25-2012, 08:23 AM
The OP doesn't need much help right now I'm waiting for a dev to help us should I pm one?

Nick41324
03-25-2012, 09:18 AM
It has to do with a thank. Not a thanked post (I thought).
There is a little green 'thumbs up'. Click on that and you will add to the persons reputation.

I honestly had no idea either before someone made a thread about it recently.

JaytB
03-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Oops...

Edit:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=39844

Edit2: Just for clarity, the second post in that thread explains it all :)

Zeus
03-25-2012, 09:33 AM
It has to do with other peoples reputation and titles. The higher the title, the more valuable their thanks is in terms of points.

Elysony
03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
It has to do with other peoples reputation and titles. The higher the title, the more valuable their thanks is in terms of points.

Thanks Apollo for clearing this up :)!

Elyseon
03-25-2012, 10:01 AM
I like the mobile forum app, cuz u cant see the stupid rep stuff

Zeus
03-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks Apollo for clearing this up :)!

NP, if you notice with that Thanks I gave you, your points should have jumped up quite a bit.

Elysony
03-25-2012, 12:55 PM
NP, if you notice with that Thanks I gave you, your points should have jumped up quite a bit.

Yes, they did :) So I will point out what all this means. If you go to settings you will see your point(s) I have 73 yet only 29 thanks. If a junior member thanks me I get less points then if Apollo or RedRyder or StompArtist ( Just examples of some legends ) Once I get 100 points I get 2 bars. So If a bunch of Junior members or Members thank you 50 times you still won't be at 2 bars. So thanks is just a rough estimate. Thanks to Apollo, JaytB, Nick, and ArtStar.

Appleisaac
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM

I am pretty sure that is how it works, but it would be nice to have a chart or something.

It would be great to have a dev confirm this topic.
No... :-/ I'm pretty sure your completely wrong on this one... They are reputation bars. 1 thank=2 points 1 rep=1 point. The red bars are from back when you could lower someone's reputation, but sts has disabled that feature. Your also wrong about getting 2 bars after 500 posts. I had 500 posts, but only 1 rep bar a few days ago. I got a second bar when I received my 100th rep point.

OvigorothO
03-25-2012, 01:07 PM

It would be great to have a dev confirm this topic.i think i have over 500 posts do i have a green bar? Mobile version ._. as for the red bars it is like negative rep recieved from infractions (cursing,trolling,etc.)

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Guys like I said, I rationalized my info myself.
Was not stating facts.. Only voicing my opinion trying to figure it out with the OP.
Lol jeeeeeeeze.
Thanks for clearing it up Apollo.

NECROREAPER
03-25-2012, 02:26 PM
HAH.
Great answers guys they helped alot.

Trying not to worry about it does not help the OP.
Trying not to worry about it doesn't get questions answered.

I'd rather try and be useful than post useless things.

Perhaps you should read the posts above yours (like mine for example) before posting "useless things" such as your post that I quoted.

So question for Parf (nice to see you around again btw), it isn't 1 bar/100 posts then right? For example

1 bar = 0-99 pts
2 bar = 100-199 pts
3 bar = 200-299 pts
4 bar = 300-399 pts
5 bar = 400-499 pts
6 bar = 500-599 pts
Etc.

If that's the case, I should have another rep bar, but I don't. So confusing STS, just kill it with fire already -___-

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Perhaps you should read the posts above yours (like mine for example) before posting "useless things" such as your post that I quoted.

So question for Parf (nice to see you around again btw), it isn't 1 bar/100 posts then right? For example

1 bar = 0-99 pts
2 bar = 100-199 pts
3 bar = 200-299 pts
4 bar = 300-399 pts
5 bar = 400-499 pts
6 bar = 500-599 pts
Etc.

If that's the case, I should have another rep bar, but I don't. So confusing STS, just kill it with fire already -___-

How was my post useless.
All you posted was "this."
Get over yerself lol.

Appleisaac
03-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Er... I wish it wasn't the weekend... The devs could lock this thread... :-/ it has already served its purpose.

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Er... I wish it wasn't the weekend... The devs could lock this thread... :-/ it has already served its purpose.

Yeah it is over now, ha ha but really I don't mean to offend people.
Like 95% of messages through text get misinterpreted.
I may sound offensinve but I am not lol I am just bored.
When DL/new content in SL comes, the forums probably won't see as much as me x)
I like to playy, get my stats up there rather than get stats here.
It just kinda sucks right now but should change soon.

Ardon
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm so tired of seeing "things should change"

Lmao every dam tired. And it never really does

Sent from my CM9 ICS powered Droid X

Appleisaac
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm so tired of seeing "things should change".

"things should change."

Zeus
03-25-2012, 03:55 PM

1 bar = 0-99 pts
2 bar = 100-199 pts
3 bar = 200-299 pts
4 bar = 300-399 pts
5 bar = 400-499 pts
6 bar = 500-599 pts
Etc.

No, as your bars increase, so does the level of points needed to make them increase increases, if that makes any sense.

Thus, now it will take you 200 points to move up to the next bar. I'll let you know as I further max out my bar if it takes more than 200 points in the future.

Zeus
03-25-2012, 03:57 PM
For example, my current bar I obtained at 1,100 reputation points. Currently, I'm at 1,125 reputation points, so I will have to reach 1,300 reputation points for my next bar.

So essentially, the bars get increasingly difficult to get as your "reputation" increases. The first few are relatively easy, but the next couple take quite a bit of work.

Appleisaac
03-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Apollo, when does it start to "get harder" to receive rep?

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 03:59 PM

Lol yeah, I try to stay positive.
Even though things change,
But for not that long x)

Elysony
03-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Guys please stop. This is a thread that was a question. The question was answered, therefore unless you are going to post something useful to add on which IMO only Apollo is doing right now, Please do not post at all. I would request a lock but as stated before the Devs are gone because it is the weekend.

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 04:04 PM

Lol yeah, I try to stay positive.
Even though things change,
Eventually x)

Guys please stop. This is a thread that was a question. The question was answered, therefore unless you are going to post something useful to add on which IMO only Apollo is doing right now, Please do not post at all. I would request a lock but as stated before the Devs are gone because it is the weekend.

Who are you telling to stop.
There is no problem here.

Elyseon
03-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Lol u make it sound like the forums is a game where you win by getting rep xD

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Well it is a forum about a game lol.

Elyseon
03-25-2012, 04:29 PM

Well it is a forum about a game lol.

The forums is just to chill it doesnt need to be made into a competion lol

StompArtist
03-25-2012, 04:38 PM

Used to be you could rep down people but that turned a bit ugly.... lol

StompArtist
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM

Used to be you could rep down people but that turned a bit ugly.... lol

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 04:45 PM

Agreed lol.

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 04:53 PM
You can find more info on the original post here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39844-Guide-Reputation-system

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah so idk how, but I just got another green bar x)

Ardon
03-25-2012, 05:52 PM

Aliens

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Aliens

Oh noes!
Not teh aliens.

Elyseon
03-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Alien bars :O
What drinks they serve there?

Ardon
03-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Alien bars :O
What drinks they serve there?

Absinthe

Sent from my Gummy ICS powered Droid X

NECROREAPER
03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
For example, my current bar I obtained at 1,100 reputation points. Currently, I'm at 1,125 reputation points, so I will have to reach 1,300 reputation points for my next bar.

So essentially, the bars get increasingly difficult to get as your "reputation" increases. The first few are relatively easy, but the next couple take quite a bit of work.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured that'd be the case when I realized I didn't get another bar when I hit 600?

Elysony
03-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the answers guys!

Gluttony
03-26-2012, 01:30 PM
I just found this thread and seems most of the question has been answered and corrected if necessary. So to recap:

As Necro said ever 100 points is a bar but the cut off is actually at the 100th point not just before it so it's more like this:
1-100 1 bar
101 - 200 2 bars
...and so on. Post count have nothing to do with it.

As Apollo mentioned after the 5th bar (+500 points), it takes +200 to get another bar. You can see the representation visually as the bars change color from a darker green to a much lighter green.

I saw two links to my thread HERE (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39844) (which is a work in progress), so use the information there to help if needed. Also, be sure to check out the second post where has the bars and points at which they are acquired.

Something to note is that it's not just about the Thanks that are shown at the bottom of the post. There is also the green thumbs up, it doesn't add as many points as a Thanks but it does count and essentially one could get just those and increase their rep bar without ever getting a "Thanks".

Finally, since Art mentioned she got a new bar but didn't know how, there is a simple way to keep track of the last 5 +rep that you got by checking the user "Settings" which is located at the top right of every page (full web page only) or clicking HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/usercp.php).

This system was supposed to be fun and plenty of forums use it, but remember that you cannot discredit anyone simply because they don't have reputation to back them (or even have a red bar). Razer went on a neg rep rampage when the system was in its infancy and has still maintained that status today. Stop making it about something that it's not!

StompArtist
03-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I just found this thread and seems most of the question has been answered and corrected if necessary. So to recap:

As Necro said ever 100 points is a bar but the cut off is actually at the 100th point not just before it so it's more like this:
1-100 1 bar
101 - 200 2 bars
...and so on. Post count have nothing to do with it.

As Apollo mentioned after the 5th bar (500 points), it takes 200 to get another bar. You can see the representation visually as the bars change color from a darker green to a much lighter green.

I saw two links to my thread HERE (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39844) (which is a work in progress), so use the information there to help if needed. Also, be sure to check out the second post where has the bars and points at which they are acquired.

Something to note, is that it's not just about the Thanks that are shown at the bottom of the post. There is also the green thumbs up, it doesn't add as many points as a Thanks but it does count and essentially one could get just those and increase their rep bar without ever getting a Thanks listed at the bottom of a post.

Finally, since Art mentioned she got a new bar but didn't know how, there is a simple way to keep track of the last 5 +rep that you got by checking the user "Settings" which is located at the top right of every page (full web page only) or clicking HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/usercp.php).

This system was supposed to be fun and plenty of forums use it, but remember that you cannot discredit anyone simply because they don't have reputation to back them (or even have a red bar). Razer went on a neg rep rampage when the system was in its infancy and has still maintained that status today. Stop making it about something that it's not!

I was told the bars represented your powers over other users through the magic of the interwebz.

Gluttony
03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Why thank you Stomp for being a (willing) volunteer.
As you can see I personally have 6 green +rep bars, while Stomp has 7 but our stats are very different:

Gluttony: Thanked 194 Times in 98 Posts
StompArtist: Thanked 357 Times in 254 Posts

So why does Stomp have 160+ more thanks than me but only one more rep bar?

The answer: My superpowers are much more useful than his.

StompArtist
03-26-2012, 01:46 PM
As you can see I personally have 6 green +rep bars, while Stomp has 7 but our stats are very different:

I think the answer is that you are somehow cheating the rep system.

Gluttony
03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
I think the answer is that you are somehow cheating the rep system.

Cheating? I just found the door to Equestria before you, here friendship is magic!

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9274/pwniedoor.png

Swimmingstar
03-26-2012, 02:14 PM
My answer: A like is more valuable than a thank but you must like about 276428482 other people before liking the post of a person a second time. And I think New Members give one thank but no points in likes or thanks. While it seems everyone else's thanks is 2 points. (just from observations) and it seems most likes are 15 points to me. Some seem like 20, some like 40. While I don't get the like back thing where it says thanks for adding to this users reputation may you get the same in return... when the like doesn't say who liked your post. It's anonymous.

And... now I don't really know what I'm talking about so yes. I hope I helped? :D

Swords
03-26-2012, 06:58 PM
I think gluttony made a thread about this. i think his thread covers most of the questions in this thread

ArtStar
03-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I think gluttony made a thread about this. i think his thread covers most of the questions in this thread

You can find more info on the original post here:

Beat ya to it guys, this thread has been over.

razerfingers
03-27-2012, 12:49 AM

another useless post :P i kid i kid but congrats i had -100+ with 2 red bars i finally got down to -1 rep point almost to one green bar!

Urqui
03-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Aliens

You see the connection too?
http://www.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg

RedRyder
03-27-2012, 01:37 AM

In the beginning, a thank was worth 5points not 2. After the change it ruined the balance, so you'll see people with less thanks but more bars. That's how some users were already at 5 bars the first few weeks.

ArtStar
03-27-2012, 03:00 AM
The more thanks and the less posts earn you more rep I think.

RedRyder
03-27-2012, 09:05 AM
The more thanks and the less posts earn you more rep I think.

Nope, it's always 2 rep per thank granted and 1 per thumbs up, regardless of post count :)