PDA

View Full Version : Is there really such thing as rushing?

Wthlite
03-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Rushing is just a term used by people who like to 1v1 and talk, then sombody comes and wants to play the game, so he/she kills people. Like me for instance, I "rush" alot and Its not because I hate that person (most of the time) but because its fun to fight. Same goes for jop, he just likes to play the game, not everyone wants to ask before they kill you. Also, before twinks became official part of the game, people just made chars any level, and it was a nonstop ffa type of gameplay, which some people prefer and dont let the idea of 1v1 ruin that. They do have a 1v1 map, if people want to 1v1, they have an option to lock games, and they have boot options, you have friends, you can get better. So there isnt any reason to not deal with "rushers".

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
03-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Rushing is just a term used by people who like to 1v1 and talk, then sombody comes and wants to play the game, so he/she kills people. Like me for instance, I "rush" alot and Its not because I hate that person (most of the time) but because its fun to fight. Same goes for jop, he just likes to play the game, not everyone wants to ask before they kill you. Also, before twinks became official part of the game, people just made chars any level, and it was a
nonstop ffa type of gameplay, which some people prefer and dont let the idea of 1v1 ruin that. They do have a 1v1 map, if people want to 1v1, they have an option to lock games, and they have boot options, you have friends, you can get better. So there isnt any reason to not deal with "rushers".

Agreed, everything u said is 100% true and i support it :-)
I at times rush cause im either bored &/or tired of waiting 2minutes just to get 1kill...

prouzi
03-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Rushing makes people annoyed either they don't really wan to get killed or just want to make friends at the pvp eco

Imacoolbirdd
03-25-2012, 02:23 AM
I agree. If u want to talk go to towne. If u want to 1v1 make a 1v1 map

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
03-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Rushing makes people annoyed either they don't really wan to get killed or just want to make friends at the pvp eco

But like Wth said thiers always a 1v1 map & u can always host. And rushing isnt a crime.
"pvp isnt a tea party" -CosmicXghost

prouzi
03-25-2012, 04:44 AM
If you want learn to rush, you can pm the "pl god" aka motivate. he rushes everyone at the lvl 10s-17s (almost everyone) :D

saool
03-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Well, the way PvP has succumbed to lately, there's no such thing as a ok FFA unless you're in a CTF match. Why? Idk...ask the PvP gods...oh wait there ain't any...nvm but PvP isn't the same in PL/SL as in other games. So...when I ask "(name of your toon) go?" You say "go" and we go at it!...

Bleh

FFA FTW!!!

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 05:07 AM
Yeah lol tbh, I don't like how formal pvp is in these games.
It is so boring.
Maybe if we had more elaborate areas and maps that spawned us not so close to battle,
or something to make it more exciting.

bbt1
03-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Rushings fine as long as they stay after rushing u when ur 1v1 but there is a tendency on sl for ppl to join rush get a kill then leave. If ur gonna rush at least stay a while an fight it out

Elyseon
03-25-2012, 06:10 AM
I say it depends on the host, just like any other game, do whatever they want

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Rushings fine as long as they stay after rushing u when ur 1v1 but there is a tendency on sl for ppl to join rush get a kill then leave. If ur gonna rush at least stay a while an fight it out

Yeah that would help, if we had more of a grace period beween matches, or respawns, or something!
Lol new pvpers of SL get the @#%& rushed out of them when they join a game.
When they are noobs just joining pvp for the first time and they 'rush,'
The whole room takes part in spawn killing this person who had no knowledge of how it is suppose to work besides, kill or be killed.
Maybe just MAYBE, the people already in the room should explain the way that room is being played lol.
Rushers know who they are, noobs don't.

Cake
03-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Well their are some people who get butthurt easily and are on a guild who don't like rushers, so you shouldn't rush unless you want a GIANT guild war. But I do agree rushing shouldn't be considered a bad thing.

Zerious
03-25-2012, 02:16 PM
rushing isn't a bad thing, as it in no way violates ToS or is a written rule of any sort, but it's not a good thing.... For your reputation anyways. If you're willing to give up your reputation among the "proper" twinks, then by all means, rush away. Sleep, Sit, or DOG is bound to see you and invite you in.

Zeus
03-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Rushing is fine to me, as long as you don't get cocky about it. I mean, I see the more skilled pvpers feeding off the noobs, calling them names, taunting them and such. Are these the people that are supposed to be the role models of the community? I thought that was left behind at another popular MMO, Runescape.

So in short, rushing isn't a bad thing, but getting a power trip about it is.

Oh, and then the teamers who team up on rushers. It's kinda saddening, I mean, you need multiple people to take out ONE person? Then the teamers get a power trip about it.

Blah. :P

My few cents.

~Apollo

crestmage
03-25-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47889-Going-All-Out-FFA!!!
i believe this is something more specified. btw altho i agree with PVP not being all "1v1" n such, but going rite into a match n starting to kill ppl that r chatting with each other just doesn't seems rite...

birdmasta
03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
hmmm... I sorta quit pl pvp. ITs getting so annoying. no rushing some games and then ffa. I personally like sl pvp right now. Barely any fights about rush on forums and in game

Swords
03-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Im fine with rushing but the only problem i see is that when a player gets rushed, He/she calls friends or guildies to kill u in 3 v 1 -_-

Marrypoppins
03-29-2012, 12:16 AM
I always say go. With that said if u rush me and kill me, ill rush back everytime i see you.I won't ever rush otherwise... I earn every kill even if it's 5 min between each one. I've only been doing pvp for a few weeks, go figure.. I have a 56 warbird wearing strongman and by now if I "rushed" I'd have 5000-10000 kills. I have like 300 :) I usually wait for a challenge knowing I have a major upperhand. With the exception of a handful at same lvl. Point is have some dignity.. And keep in mind a lot of us have a lot of twinks so plan on getting caught at some point.....