PDA

View Full Version : free video plat has not worked for me!

LwMark
03-25-2012, 02:29 AM
It says : video is loading or u reached your maximum views...i use android samsung replenish....it never works ever! Im missing out on plat!

Cheesecakess
03-25-2012, 02:39 AM
yeah lol i was lookin in pl bugs section and there was a thread of like 2 or 3 pages having every 1 say the same thing

im pretty sure its happening to every1 including me...

LwMark
03-25-2012, 02:54 AM
i kno this plat can go torwards humania an stuff ughh lol

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 03:25 AM
i kno this plat can go torwards humania an stuff ughh lol

Lol not if it is free.
Or do you mean save up till Humania?

Yeaaah it is pretty frustrating when this new client is released
and it does not work when expected.

LwMark
03-25-2012, 05:43 AM
i want plat for items an stuff..humania hopefully will b free.i just use plat for the cool vanity items..il wait to buy thrashers(sad to say that :/ )

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 06:02 AM
i want plat for items an stuff..humania hopefully will b free.i just use plat for the cool vanity items..il wait to buy thrashers(sad to say that :/ )

Ha ha awe I see.
Sucks I wish the vids worked!
I have been waiting forever to inspect my SL page x)
Managed to squeeze 1plat off a dozen app downloads that is a frustrating process.
I need one more plat! XD
I refuse to buy plat until DL or new content comes too.

RaptorBlitz
03-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Videos are working perfectly for me. I'm using an iPad 1, 64 gb, 3G enabled and have fairly decent wi-fi, so that's probably a factor.

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Videos are working perfectly for me. I'm using an iPad 1, 64 gb, 3G enabled and have fairly decent wi-fi, so that's probably a factor.

This is ridiculous lol.
Grats but ridiculous, we found a single person amongst the whole community.

Skeletonlord
03-25-2012, 07:32 AM
This happens to me as well. I think this is due to the videos not being suitable for certain countries. It doesnt work on my iPod 4th Generation, and i am in the United Kingdom.

Rare
03-25-2012, 08:07 AM
This happens to me as well. I think this is due to the videos not being suitable for certain countries. It doesnt work on my iPod 4th Generation, and i am in the United Kingdom.

It doesn't work for me on any Android device. I'm in the U.S.

plmafiaboss
03-25-2012, 08:39 AM

It doesn't work for me on any Android device. I'm in the U.S.same. Doesn't work on my.DROID RAZR or my bros DROID or our iPod...Idk y my DROID keeps capitalizing DROID lol DROID DROID DROID RAZR

Fao
03-25-2012, 08:47 AM
It means a couple of things: You already watched a video and the next one is still loading, it isn't working X(!! Or they just haven't got many video ads in there yet!!

Buubuuftw
03-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Doesnt work on my Samsung Epic 4G either.

Late
03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
me too im saving for the upcoming events

Rare
03-25-2012, 12:26 PM
It means a couple of things: You already watched a video and the next one is still loading, it isn't working X(!! Or they just haven't got many video ads in there yet!!

I have not watched a single video. I've gotten the same message since day 1 of the new client

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 01:35 PM

With this new client,
At least one video should work.
It meaaaaaans this is BS lol and they needa fix it.

gotrocks420
03-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Im on samsung galaxy captivate (at&t) and have had 0 luck with videos as well. Im sure with all the complaints STS is working on a fix.

The fact that its taking so long makes me think two things:

1) It isn't a huge priority, but will eventually get fixed.

2) This is a bigger and more complex problem than any of us realize (i am guessing this is whats going on)

That being said, dont get upset and start bashing STS. Should this have worked on release? Yes. But these things do happen. No amount of bug testing can catch everything, and flaming the devs certainly doesnt help anybody. These guys often put in loooong hours to get patches out, and even longer hours fixing them when something goes wrong.

Lets build them up instead of knocking them down!

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Im on samsung galaxy captivate (at&t) and have had 0 luck with videos as well. Im sure with all the complainfs STS is working on a fix.

The fact that its taking so long makes me think two things:

2) This is a bigger and more complex problem than any of us realize (i am guessing this is.whats going on)

That being said, dont get upset and start bashing STS. Should this have worked on release? Yes. But these things do happen. No amount of bug testing can.cqtch everything, and flaming the devs certainly doesnt help anybody. These guys often put in loooong hours to get patches out, and even longer hours fixing them them when something goes wrong.

Lets build them up instead of knocking them down!

Nice nice, I choose option 1 lol.

Dragonrider023
03-25-2012, 04:33 PM
It says : video is loading or u reached your maximum views...i use android samsung replenish....it never works ever! Im missing out on plat!
Me too but i only watched it one time and got 1 plat then next time it wont let me

gotrocks420
03-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Nice nice, I choose option 1 lol.

:D
to each is own

ArtStar
03-26-2012, 10:14 AM
:D
to each is own

Indeed.
Ha ha

Aveea
03-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Me too, USA, Evo 4G.

Swimmingstar
03-26-2012, 02:20 PM
I've tried on an ipad, ipod, android. Says same thing for all.

Time to squash a bug!

tupid
04-04-2012, 07:55 AM

Agreed, it doesnt help them in making money, thus not a priority.

ArtStar
04-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Still does not work for me either.

dugantale
04-04-2012, 08:02 AM
yeah lol i was lookin in pl bugs section and there was a thread of like 2 or 3 pages having every 1 say the same thing

im pretty sure its happening to every1 including me...

Not me its worked like 10 times now on iOS

RaptorBlitz
04-04-2012, 08:03 AM
One thing I noticed. Does this mean STS actually prioritized Australia for once? Because the videos work for me. Albeit, some days you can't watch, though I think that's more due to the fact that there's only been a whopping three ads on air so far :/ You get to watch every few days in my experience.

Beanmachine
04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
It probably a bug, because most people, including me, are having problems watching the video. It can't be a location error because I'm in California.

Samhayne
04-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey guys,

Due to the problems you've encountered trying to use the Video Ads (and other issues) we have disabled the feature. More discussion at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54172-Watching-Video-Ads-for-Free-Platinum-Disabled