PDA

View Full Version : Host Bonus for Rare Treasure

patnwk
08-08-2010, 02:43 AM
I have observed for a month and find the rarest pink always distributed to hosts. Example, thoth talon, plasma and wand etc. You will find some players only play for the host. Do others notice that?

I believe not everyone notice that but I strongly suggest Dev need to change this rate policy. Even chance to every player will be more favorite or you will see many one player game in the coming future.

Royce
08-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Drops are random, and calculated individually and identically between players. There is no host drop bonus.

patnwk
08-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Really? But I had seen :
Wand : host 4-5 member 0-1
Thoth Plasma : host 4-5 member 0
Thoth Talon : host 3-4 member 0-1

Member has high chance to hit the second rarest pinks. But the rarest pinks actually have higher chance to be got by host. It's my simple observation.

Royce
08-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Really? But I had seen :
Wand : host 4-5 member 0-1
Thoth Plasma : host 4-5 member 0
Thoth Talon : host 3-4 member 0-1

Member has high chance to hit the second rarest pinks. But the rarest pinks actually have higher chance to be got by host. It's my simple observation.

I'm not sure I understand your numbers, but it looks like your sample size if far to small for statistical significance.

Nouda
08-08-2010, 10:06 AM
i find when im host i hardly ever get a drop so idont think there is a host bonus

Yardsalez
08-08-2010, 11:31 AM
This is not true i believe. Someone was making a UFG Ultimate Farming group. I forget who his name was, but i remember he posted it was successful, but he didn't get any rare pinks and his group members got plasma swords and other rare items. So this is not true.

Iambirdman
08-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Yep total bs:)

Cascade
08-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I think the devs need to change it so its not all random....The more people run the more likely it should be to get a pink. I also think that when you go to a map you can see how many times you have played it.

KingFu
08-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I think the devs need to change it so its not all random....The more people run the more likely it should be to get a pink. I also think that when you go to a map you can see how many times you have played it.

I disagree. That will lead to people doing everything it takes to get a pink, they will follow what they need to do to get a pink each time and more pinks will pop up. The more random, the better. Which the devs have done a god job on.

King Kamehameha
08-08-2010, 01:23 PM
If that's true then why when I hosted wand farm was it always the members that got Isis and Thoth wands and not me

Ekoze
08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
I've noticed that whoever delivers the hit required to kill the boss gets the best item, but idk, that's what I've observed

FluffNStuff
08-08-2010, 01:44 PM
In any scenario with a full game:
IF a pink drops, chances it was for you: 1 in 5
Chances it was for ANYONE else: 4 in 5
This is why people always complain they were not the one to get the drop. They don't take into account that there was also three other people who did not get the drop. It is just human nature.

bmc85uk
08-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I've never noticed this at all, same with the killing blow comment, loot chances are equal, people will always look for hints at better chances and fabricate them from very little evidence.

All in all, I'd rather have a shared loot table like mainstream MMOs, bosses with fixed spawn amounts and a Need/Greed loot system.

Even with completely separate loot chances people still squabble about calling drops, and people joining late and gettin a drop. At least the other way everyone would undeniably have an equal chance at loot.

kavanah
08-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I disagree. That will lead to people doing everything it takes to get a pink, they will follow what they need to do to get a pink each time and more pinks will pop up. The more random, the better. Which the devs have done a god job on.

I think what Cascade was reffering to is what we will be doing in Tenacity as guild raids. The problem right now is that a party of 5 people can do 50 AO2:4 runs, and one person can walk away with several pinks while no one else gets a single thing for their hard work.

Which brings up the last point made... fixed loot and a need/greed system.

In Tenacity we will raid on a DKP scale. All drops go to one account while being available to purchase through points (DKP) earned while farming in "guild raids". Anyone who is familiar with MMO's knows this works pretty well. And that gives me a great idea for a suggestion for devs.

Futumsh
08-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Any time something is killed when you're in range, you roll for loot from it. Other people have no effect on what items you do or don't get.

tjornan
08-08-2010, 04:01 PM

run? if you mean distance run, i can totally imagine a noob running in circles and circles and hes like "wait wait! just a few more circles for the pinks!"

JK JK i know what you mean.