PDA

View Full Version : Attention android users!!!

Cahaun
03-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Ever wanted to get a screenshot to post on the forums, but you don't want to risk rooting your phone? I have great news! I have found an app that is great at taking screenshots! It's called Screenshot UX Trial which is the free one. Here is what you can do:
Take screenshots in MANY ways!
Edit the picture to smudge out names or point things out!
And more info is on the app store!
Try it out and post what you think of it here!
:encouragement:

Lowlyspy
03-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Rasa, I love you.

Cahaun
03-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Enjoy!

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Ha ha nice find

Jugernugett
03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Holy snap i was about to ask how to take screenshots just now when i accidently clicked this.

Martin Tander
03-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Well newer devices have native screenshot option...most of those device users dont know it tho....i think it was hold power+back...if u have stock android 2.3.3 and above...but if u r rooted just cyanogenmod build...screenshot there made also native in power menu)

Cahaun
03-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Well newer devices have native screenshot option...most of those device users dont know it tho....i think it was hold power+back...if u have stock android 2.3.3 and above...but if u r rooted just cyanogenmod build...screenshot there made also native in power menu)
Problem with the native thing is that the back button takes effect before the picture snaps. This app doesn't.

Elyseon
03-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Any bonus of the paid version?

Lowlyspy
03-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Unlimited pics. Trial only allows 14 screenshots.

Ardon
03-25-2012, 02:18 PM
I'd just suggest root if you're not scared. It's not a big deal if you follow the right steps. And you can unroot if you want to later. Screenshot is built in many roms and is usually just a shortcut like holding "home and volume"

Sent from my CM9 ICS powered Droid X

Deathpunch
03-25-2012, 05:02 PM

Native screen caps were not built into Android until 4.x. However, your device manufacturer may have included it in their overlays.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Cahaun
03-26-2012, 06:34 AM
I'd just suggest root if you're not scared. It's not a big deal if you follow the right steps. And you can unroot if you want to later. Screenshot is built in many roms and is usually just a shortcut like holding "home and volume"

Sent from my CM9 ICS powered Droid X
I'm gonna try and find a good rooting program that's guaranteed to work well. I'm always cautious.

Ardon
03-26-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm gonna try and find a good rooting program that's guaranteed to work well. I'm always cautious.

I suggest going to rootzwiki and/or xda developers. Look up your device there and there will probably some how to root guides on there. Just make sure to follow those institutions an you'll be good.

Sent from my Gummy ICS powered Droid X

Qqqxxxzzz
03-26-2012, 02:22 PM

same rooting methods doesn't work in all phones and firmwares. (eg. I have Huawei u8800 and froyo(2.2) firmware was very easy root with one click root apps but gingerbread(2.3) was very hard to root for me because one click root apps didn't work and I have only Mac and no admin access to install adb.)

Sent from my u8800 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4