PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Please?

poonige
08-08-2010, 03:09 AM
I am trying to play through Alien Oasis II, but the only people who play seem to be interested in playing only want one thing; Getting pinks. So they will ignore all the enemies, defeat bosses and leave you to deal with the mess they leave behind. I cannot find serious players and because of this I cannot get past the second chapter. Look guys, I know you want your pink items but it would be nice to help us advance, Its sucks to get plays in your game only to leave once they defeat the boss, its hard for a single player to defeat a whole level by themselves. I am Elzulia lv41 (at the moment), if any of you see me hosting a game, mind to help me?

Hovercast
08-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Hey i can help u if u like just add me

poonige
08-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Thanks to everyone that joined in, was awesome.

Raxie
08-08-2010, 05:37 AM
i can help you if you want.
ign: darknature

Royce
08-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Tombs of Mynas have killed regular PvE in AO2 and even earlier campaigns. Because of that hideous map, nobody plays through any maps. People just run the first 2/3 of the tombs of lameness and then boss rush farm. It's very unfortunate. I used to have a lot of fun after getting bored of farming at the cap by helping players who are running through leveling up, but no one does that anymore, and I am sick to death of tombs so not likely to help anyone there any time soon.

bmc85uk
08-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm with Royce on this one, sort out AO2:3.

We have people at the level cap with very little knowledge/experience in the game, I don't mind having newbies in a game, but the levelling process is supposed to be a learning curve, not a jump up the ladder.

Not to mention the fact that it devalues the rest of the campaigns, Skeller Krunch did it to swamps, now AO2 has done it to almost the entire game.

Justg
08-08-2010, 09:49 AM
So how would you guys fix the problem?

Royce
08-08-2010, 09:54 AM

Add some more difficult mobs to that starting/middle section of the Tombs of Mynas, maybe even a Djinn somewhere in the middle there. The problem is that those white mummies on their own are just way too easy (they can debuff, but who cares if they don't have any friends who can actually hurt you nearby). A group of level 20-somethings or can cruise through that part of the map without much difficulty. (in case you are not aware of how it works, people just play through skipping the one room with a djinn in it, and then playing to the part where there are djinn right outside the boss room. It allows people to clear most of the map, gain a ton of xp, and all at about a level 20 difficulty or so)

Nouda
08-08-2010, 09:58 AM
max of ten levels gained a day after lvl 15 might help the ao2:3 powerlvling but idk how you would stop people from just playin farmin lvls for pinks and play other levels

j46g629h
08-08-2010, 10:44 AM
1. more mobs won't help at all in my opinion, make mobs more difficult and everyone can't just run through

2. add some pinks to mobs that bosses won't drop, this may attract people not to ignore all of them.

Rebel
08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
1. more mobs won't help at all in my opinion, make mobs more difficult and everyone can't just run through

2. add some pinks to mobs that bosses won't drop, this may attract people not to ignore all of them.

Agree with the pinks to mobs. The reason people skip the mobs is due to the horrible drops that fall from them. Add some pinks that drop just every once and a while with some purples too, and that may cause groups to kill the mobs too.

Justg
08-08-2010, 10:54 AM
What do you think about not spawning the bosses until all the lower-level mobs are killed?

bmc85uk
08-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Boss triggers definitely not with the amount of enemies we currently have and the mechanics, they are just obstacles at the moment. Also this would stop a respawn mechanic being adopted, something I am heavily in favour of as it cuts out the farming/remake level issue.

1-Fix procs self-stacking/landing when attacks miss from enemies, remove player 'pain' noises playing when damage is not done & attacks don't land.
2-Raise Enemy hit chance, but lower amount of enemies in larger maps like AO2:4, 5 & 6.
3-Boost AC on mummies, lower AC on green AO mages, raise AC on AO melée mobs.
4-Lower enemy crit chance to make their damage more consistent not spiked.
5-Remove stun feature on enemy attacks, remove turn to shoot mechanic, either increase enemy run-speed or reduce player run-speed when attacking.
6-Add respawn mechanic & zone transitions to all dungeons, have previous instance maintained on server until last enemy has respawned to prevent farming over zone lines.

Royce
08-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Not more mobs but harder mobs to help the weakling mummies, and my suggestion wasn't to fix boss rush farming, just to end the madness of mynas ;) If people stop xp farming/powerleveling there, then at least the people who want to level to 45 are more likely to be playing through maps and that would be enough to restore PvE to how it used to be (people have always farmed, but there used to be at least a couple games of people playing through maps at most times).

I honestly haven't seen in in AO that I can remember, but at least in some earlier campaigns, common mobs did drop pinks, just very infrequently. Anyway I'm not sure it would help anyway. Djinn drop some pinks, but many farming groups just pass them by to go for the unique boss pinks.

Nouda
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
What do you think about not spawning the bosses until all the lower-level mobs are killed?

this could work to help the lower lvls level up. but when i run a map lets say it takes 10 mins each time and i do this for a hour thats 6 runs and i probably didnt get a pink drop. now i have to take 30+ mins on a map like plasma so thats 2 runs a hour and so im probably not going to play as much because the reward for my efforts are much less

tjornan
08-08-2010, 04:35 PM
This problem is made worse by idiots who dont lock their games

jonboy
08-08-2010, 05:10 PM

I can see the boss rush farmers loving this.

Inching
08-08-2010, 07:11 PM
jsut make it so that no one can fight bosses unless all mobs are dead.... simple. Like a gate that opens only after the mobs dies. solved

poonige
08-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Some people forget that this is a Game; Powerleveling, Farming, Playing for Pinks... etc...
Doesn't seem like fun to me.
I just like plowing through PvE and gaining levels and going back to help lower levels sometimes.
Games like this are ment to be fun, I like playing through a level with a group that are quite good and are in it for the fun of it; not the rewards. If a Pink I get doesn't suit my character I usually just give it away.

Its people who develop methods to abuse a game that ruin games like this.

I am finding it hard to level up because people don't want to play the game like its ment to be played, im level 42.

I enter levels to only find lv45's who don't care nor do they want to help, once they do what they came for they drop out and leave a mess behind. I wait hopefully for some serious players but they are scarce.

To me, this makes the game boring. It reminds me of Ancient Swamps, no-body wanted to play it, everyone just wanted to smash through Return of S.K. dispite Ancient Swamps IMO being far, far funner with a good party.

Azrael
08-18-2010, 05:15 PM

Perhaps making the normal enemy mobs harder so we cant just run through 100 of them would be better? a 5 man team shouldn't be able to take on (or run through) 20 mobs at once.

Chickdigcookies
08-18-2010, 05:51 PM

i hate rushing, and i always kill as much as i need too to get to boss.

maybe making it for 75% of the map to be cleared before the boss "releases" itself...

that way we would have to clear map and bye bye rushing...