PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Concerns...

BaronB
10-29-2020, 09:34 PM
I will avoid boring people with too long of a post and cut right to it...

The concern is regarding the new vanity that is currently now avalible in the store, they look great (besides the face on the mage vanity if I'm being honest) and personal the concept of wearing the vanity makes the game black and white for everyone is a pretty cool idea.

After wittnessing someone taking the vanity on and off repeatedly whilst being in Expedition Camp, it caused the screen to flicker from the colour to the black and white which thankfully I dont but if someone with a form of epilepsy was looking at my screen at the time it happened had caused said person looking at the screen to suffer from a fit due to no fault of their own... who would then be responsible for that ?

Having the ability to change the colours of other players game might be a fun idea however it has proven within hours of release that it can be abused.

A setting should be in place with a epilepsy warning when unticked to allow other players to have the ability to change the colours of other players unknowingly OR make it so the effect only happens when a player chooses to wear the vanity and it does not change the colour of the screen of other players.

The latter being the most responsible and safest option... Something nether the less needs to be done before something unfortunate happens as it is currently a accident waiting to happen.

1 <3

IExposedYou
10-29-2020, 09:39 PM
It’s fixed when you patch. At least I don’t see it anymore. I don’t have the vanity

BaronB
10-29-2020, 09:40 PM
Sorry just caught up on posts that apparently a patch has been released stopping others not wearing the vanity having their screens effected.

Hopefully, that's the case so the thread can be closed ^.^

1 <3

Redjellydonut
10-29-2020, 10:22 PM
they look great (besides the face on the mage vanity if I'm being honest)

LMAOOO i felt this part...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201030/a951d180e03329fdf4679b8a784ce8c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IExposedYou
10-29-2020, 11:51 PM
Mages legs haven’t been updated yet. I still see blue legs lol

Susanne
10-30-2020, 03:35 AM
I think we have too many effects now. I remember when Paracelsus first came out, people complained that was too bright before it was fixed so why all these auras now?
Running maps with all these effects..weapons with fireworks, musical noises, auras, a pet that keeps saying it has a crick in it's neck is funny actually but sometimes gets irritating.
I don't know whether it would be possible to have an option to turn them off?
I'm not suggesting people shouldn't have them...that would be unfair..just maybe lose the auras in maps and rename expedition camp to exhibition camp?

Arachnophobik
10-30-2020, 03:47 AM
rename expedition camp to exhibition camp?

+1, we got a lot of people with strange interests there...

Oakmaiden
10-30-2020, 11:48 AM
The effects in maps block viewing the mobs and yes too many are annoying. For me, it’s all the floating blobs. If only they stayed with their owners.
Exhibition Beach is a riot! Do it STS!

Silentkill
10-30-2020, 12:29 PM
I think we have too many effects now. I remember when Paracelsus first came out, people complained that was too bright before it was fixed so why all these auras now?
Running maps with all these effects..weapons with fireworks, musical noises, auras, a pet that keeps saying it has a crick in it's neck is funny actually but sometimes gets irritating.
I don't know whether it would be possible to have an option to turn them off?
I'm not suggesting people shouldn't have them...that would be unfair..just maybe lose the auras in maps and rename expedition camp to exhibition camp?

Para gem released in 2014 or something like that, now its 2020 and maybe STS improved their servers in the past 6 years, so that could be one reason we have more auras now, due to less stress on their servers

Susanne
10-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Para gem released in 2014 or something like that, now its 2020 and maybe STS improved their servers in the past 6 years, so that could be one reason we have more auras now, due to less stress on their servers

Nope. I remember it well because I played a lot in those days and was one of the first to get the paracelsus stone. In fact I got two.
I went to exhibition camp, erm sorry, expedition camp and it was awful. The aura was so bright people, including me, complained. It was so bad I removed my stone knowing full well it would be lost.
It did get dimmed down but unfortunately for me, too late for that lost stone.
As for the other, I did a stupid thing and put it in my mythic himi. Still have that himi but as everyone knows, once upgraded, untradable.
It was dimmed down due to the complaints received.

Silentkill
10-30-2020, 01:34 PM
Nope. I remember it well because I played a lot in those days and was one of the first to get the paracelsus stone. In fact I got two.
I went to exhibition camp, erm sorry, expedition camp and it was awful. The aura was so bright people, including me, complained. It was so bad I removed my stone knowing full well it would be lost.
It did get dimmed down but unfortunately for me, too late for that lost stone.
As for the other, I did a stupid thing and put it in my mythic himi. Still have that himi but as everyone knows, once upgraded, untradable.
It was dimmed down due to the complaints received.

I also dislike Expedition Camp, maybe you should do the same as me and just avoid it completely. I mean there’s nothing you have to do there anyway right? Auction house is accessible from everywhere

Susanne
10-30-2020, 01:57 PM
I also dislike Expedition Camp, maybe you should do the same as me and just avoid it completely. I mean there’s nothing you have to do there anyway right? Auction house is accessible from everywhere

Yes, I don't go there very often but I do need to take my mage there for the dailies in tindirin when I get the inclination.
I'll wear me shades. 😎

Krystalteam
10-30-2020, 09:13 PM
Glad this is patched now, it was the night of horror for me.

will0
10-30-2020, 09:19 PM
i removed the set grainy effect .. giving me a headache