PDA

View Full Version : Where should I use my last few skill points...?

Spiritualist
08-08-2010, 01:47 PM
OK, this is me:

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/spiritualist_lvl43.PNG

By the time I'm level 45, I'll have 3 free skill points, so where should I use them? I currently have:

5 Heal
4 Frostbite
5 Lightning
1 Resurrect
5 Firestorm
0 Ice Storm
3 Drain Life
0 Weakness
3 Nightmare
5 Magic Shield
5 Blessing of Vitality
5 Blessing of Might

...?

Oh and also my last attribute points - keep ploughing them into Int, or put some into Str and/or Dex?

Royce
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Put your attribute points in Dex. Until we get stat-driven skills, Int is a nearly useless attribute, and you only need it to be high enough to equip the top level pinks for your class (currently 142). As for the skill points, working from what you have, I'd probably put 2 in Nightmare, and the other in either icestorm or if you PvP then in drain.

bmc85uk
08-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Magic shield only really needs 1 point, contrary to the description it actually adds Dodge not Armour; and 8 Dodge isn't a great gain from 4 skill points.

Royce
08-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Magic shield only really needs 1 point, contrary to the description it actually adds Dodge not Armour; and 8 Dodge isn't a great gain from 4 skill points.

You're thinking of Taunt which buffs dodge though its description says armor. Mana shield does buff armor, but the same logic applies. It isn't worth putting skill points into the shield at 2 armor a point. You are much better off spending those points in Weakness to reduce the damage done by opponents. In the end that will be far more beneficial to both the mage and the group than a few points of armor.

bmc85uk
08-08-2010, 03:28 PM
My bad, you're absolutely right, 8 Armour is worth even less than 8 Dodge anyway, so all the more reason not to spend the points.

Jstizar
08-08-2010, 03:39 PM
You should put one point into str so that when you buff up you gain 1 h/s.

Royce
08-08-2010, 03:45 PM
You should put one point into str so that when you buff up you gain 1 h/s.

Not really necessary unless seeing that number is important to you. A mage with 10 Str has like .9 H/s, with 15 Str around .98 H/s, so the extra 1 Str is really only helping you round your 1 H/s to something that will display ;)