PDA

View Full Version : What's the best equipment for a cleric-type?

Spiritualist
08-08-2010, 01:53 PM
This is me at the moment and obviously I'm aiming to get to lvl 45 very soon:

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/spiritualist_lvl43.PNG

I'm wondering, what's the best possible equipment that I can get for my character, considering I'm a cleric-type healer/protector as my main character persona, with a bit of mage spellcasting along the way.

I'd like recommendations for each of the four equipment types and/or comments on whether it's best to use a single-handed weapon with a shield, or a dual-handed weapon and no shield.

Thanks.

Royce
08-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I would say definitely wand and bracer since you are not focusing on damage, and the extra armor is very helpful. I would go with 3 Thoth items and 1 Isis, since you really don't need 4 Thoth with your big mana pool and little bit of natural regen. However, everyone is gonna tell you to go full Thoth, and that's fine if you want to have crazy regen. So basically I'd say get the Isis wand since the Thoth is so much more pricey, and then get the Thoth helm, robe, and eye.

Inching
08-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I would say definitely wand and bracer since you are not focusing on damage, and the extra armor is very helpful. I would go with 3 Thoth items and 1 Isis, since you really don't need 4 Thoth with your big mana pool and little bit of natural regen. However, everyone is gonna tell you to go full Thoth, and that's fine if you want to have crazy regen. So basically I'd say get the Isis wand since the Thoth is so much more pricey, and then get the Thoth helm, robe, and eye.

I totally agree except for a small detail. I am also a pure mage and have been pretty much since the beginning of this game... except when I go crazy and change builds for a week... anyway...

I go with Full Thoth + bracer and wand is the best BUT have one piece of gear that is "Mastery" to also have H/s. If you choose a ISIS piece, then you will lose more M/s then necessary to gain the H/s.

(just a example)

6 M/s Thoth
6 H/s Isis
3 M/s + 3 H/s Mastery

If you look at the numbers, your health is only 200. Having a H/s of 6 or 3 doesnt make a diff for you... having 3 more M/s doesnt make it more playable for a pure Mage.

Therefore my recommendation is all All Thoth + 1 Mastery piece + bracer.

If you are looking for a mastery piece, I suggest the bracer is the easies and cheapest part of the gear to find / buy.

Royce
08-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I totally agree except for a small detail. I am also a pure mage and have been pretty much since the beginning of this game... except when I go crazy and change builds for a week... anyway...

I go with Full Thoth + bracer and wand is the best BUT have one piece of gear that is "Mastery" to also have H/s. If you choose a ISIS piece, then you will lose more M/s then necessary to gain the H/s.

(just a example)

6 M/s Thoth
6 H/s Isis
3 M/s + 3 H/s Mastery

If you look at the numbers, your health is only 200. Having a H/s of 6 or 3 doesnt make a diff for you... having 3 more M/s doesnt make it more playable for a pure Mage.

Therefore my recommendation is all All Thoth + 1 Mastery piece + bracer.

If you are looking for a mastery piece, I suggest the bracer is the easies and cheapest part of the gear to find / buy.

Why would you ever use Mastery pieces, they are the worst pinks in the game. They have 2 H/s and that's it, purple Owl pieces have 3 H/s, and Dreamer's items have 2 M/s and 3 H/s. Isis has 6 H/s, an additional 3 armor, and 8 dodge (dodge is the main reason I use it since H/s is nearly useless for a mage). I think maybe you have your items mixed up, but if not then I don't understand your reasoning at all.