PDA

View Full Version : :l paladins paladins paladins

ishibashi
08-08-2010, 02:09 PM
ok to start off this post my ign is Ishibashi , lvl 25 "paladin", i have many ideas and questions about this class lol.

ok heres my build ...its a bit weird but ya know it works for me sorta
Stats
Str- 88
Dex- 44
int- 11
Equips
Croc's ursan helmet-1str,1M/s,6armor- drop
Redfang's flaming sword-29-33dmg,0.5speed,4str,2%crit- plat item(only 2 plat (:)
Black chain tunic of legend-7str,2H/s,23armor- drop
Croc's square hardwood shield- 1str, 1M/s, 11 armor- drop
Skills
heal-5
frostbite-0
lightning-5
revive-1
flamestorm-5
icestorm-1
drain life-2
weakness-0
nightmare-0 - yes ik crappy decision but i was folowing a lvl 30 build at lvl 20 :(
mana shield- 1
blessing of vitality-2
blessing of might-2

Strategy
i have 2 ideas as a strategy - depends on the party
- healer- you can pretty much leech ur team without them saying a word if ya stick close and use rank 5 heal wich at my level gives half their hp back :cool: and if ya screw up just pop ur res, and occasionaly ice storm fire storm combo
-tank/dps- pretty much the beast combo u use but requires loads of mana pots, pop ur two buffs :D, rush into the mob (hopefully its less than about 6-8) hit your lightning than ice/firestorm combo, and than pop ur drain life for if they are still alive and repeat the cycle-( if you are about to die i recomend poping your mana shield than healing and continueing)
please give me comments about how u feel about this guide
- to the questions i am wondering how much str and dex i truthfully should have by end result and how i should progress with it,
- also i am wondering where i should go with my skills
tyvm - Ishibashi :)
================================================== ================================================== ========
Lvl 30 paladin build - Ishibashi
Stats!
Strength:101
Dex:11
Hit%:107%
Crit:14
Dodge:9
Health:250
Regen:2
Mana:306
Regen:3
Damage
89-102
DPS:74
Armor:69
Equips
-Croc's Ursan helmet- that is till i find a replacement hopefully the zombie one xD
-Frosty Hatchet of the bear - >.< couldnt find a decent 1h sword
-Conquerors boneplate - Complements of violentsaint xD!
-Croc's Square wood shield- lvl 30 version :)
Skills
Heal-5
Frostbite-0
Lightning-5
Resurrect-1
firestorm-5
icestorm-1
drain life-3
weakness-0 - truthfully i see no big need for this when you have decent gear, i am more focused on debuffing the enemies armor than dmg but seems useful end game
nightmare-1
mana shield-1
Blessing of Vitality- 3>trying to max both of these out atm :)
Blessing of might-4>
+-
-Strategy now, i still can be the cheap little "healer" and just follow the group and pop my heal,(mainly used when low on money and pots xD) or i can go full out pally and take out mobs of 5+ by simply following these simple steps, 1.buff with Bom and Bov, 2. rush in the center, 3. pop nightmare and lightning, 4. icestorm firestorm combo, 5. heal if necessary, 6. wait a second or two than repeat
ty - Ishibashi :)

Royce
08-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Looks like a pretty good mid-level pally build. The only skill change I would make is to move the points from drain into the buffs or a debuff. Outside of PvP, Drain is just a so-so skill for a paladin, and I think you'd be better of with a nightmare or pumping up the self buffs. As far as where to go with your skills, this is what I recommend for a level 45 goal:
5, 0, 5, 1
5, 2, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5
There is also a lot of great paladin discussion out there if you search the forums.

ishibashi
08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Why thank you royce :D- i chose to get drain because well for me atm at low levels i dont really have the armor i want so i use it pretty much as a way to keep hp up, tyvm also for the skill set and yeah the paladin discussion is why i kinda made this because i never noticed a guide for people around my lvl

tjornan
08-08-2010, 06:32 PM
having 0 points in nightmare is not a bad decision. I didnt invest any points in nightmare till level 45

ishibashi
08-08-2010, 06:43 PM
ohh lol ty ....i felt as if i was a bit weaker than ur average paladin thx for the reassurement :)

Inching
08-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Looks like a pretty good mid-level pally build. The only skill change I would make is to move the points from drain into the buffs or a debuff. Outside of PvP, Drain is just a so-so skill for a paladin, and I think you'd be better of with a nightmare or pumping up the self buffs. As far as where to go with your skills, this is what I recommend for a level 45 goal:
5, 0, 5, 1
5, 2, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5
There is also a lot of great paladin discussion out there if you search the forums.

Drain is very good for a pure Mage which I am currently playing... when i was a pally... drain was not necessary. Its not useless but just less useful then the buffs/debuffs. You might consider.

ishibashi
08-08-2010, 07:23 PM
why yes i understand that too o.o butt as i see it, drain is very useful when being in a crazy mob fest , i just recently finished frozen crossroads and took down about a mob of 10 in my group thanks to the drain life being used instead of me being forced to spam heal every time it popped up :B

Royce
08-08-2010, 08:23 PM
The reason I don't like Drain in PvE is that it has slightly more damage than your other attack skills but is only single target so the AoEs really do more damage. And I don't think you can even consider the "heal" aspect of drain since you can't count on it (it can miss or your target can die before it takes effect). If you take damage, particularly as and Int mage, you better have a heal spell or pot to use immediately. Mage health drops and needs to immediately be replenished. So generally when I use Drain, I have nothing to gain. If you take damage, and try to replenish with Drain, and miss, you are toast, so it's better to play it safe. Under those circumstances, Drain is simply a damage spell. It's okay, but not that great IMO, but I guess your results may vary ;)

Violentsaint
08-08-2010, 09:11 PM
i use drain life all the time and its pretty usefull in intense boss fights in that few seconds between heal cooling down if your in a tight spot and cant heal life drain is pretty usefull

Yardsalez
08-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Talk to Violent and Royce they have answers!

FluffNStuff
08-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I have been messing with drain life on my twink since the buffs aren't there yet. What I notice the most is its really long cool down.

Yardsalez
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
It has a really long cd, but at lvl 45 takes a decent bit of health away and gives to you