PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends language convertor: Beta V.1 (+ World clock!), Friend search and more!

Skeletonlord
03-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Whats up guys,

I was just thinking of an amazing idea in which you can change/convert different languages. This would be really useful. Tell me what you think!

Version 1 Features:

1. Real time conversion of two languages! For example, English to French!

2. Changing the language of the game! *There could be an option in options to change this*

3. Enhanced and supported by Google Translate! Link= http://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wT

4. All around world clock! Check the time zones of different countries! For example, GMT!

5. You can now search for friends with the same letter to start each name! Quick access to join friends!

6. Friend recommendations- Get real time friend recommendations based on the friends you have!

7. Join a friend easily! New Command! /join (friendsname)!

8. Remaking runs with a new Command! /remake

9. Hosting is now so much easier! New Command! /host (Nameofcampaign). Starts you at first map!

10. Quick inviting! Invite friends with /invite (friendsname)!

11. Search CS by class specific items!

12. Player Housing! You can now visit players houses! They can be decorated!

13. Player mailboxes! A great and easy way to send and receive mail from other users! Items can be given through this method as well!

Edit: updated the features list to include "11,12 and 13"

*if you guys think of anything else I could add, post your thoughts below and I will add them if necessary.*

I think that would be all that would be needed for "beta V.1"! Tell me what you think below! Dont forget to thank if you like my ideas! *Note: To be able to run this "mod" as I like to call it, it would require a client update of about
60MB due to there being a lot added!*

Fao
03-29-2012, 02:09 AM
On my gosh!! There have really been a lot of guides been made in the last 2 months!! Great job Skelly! This is goin to help LOTS!!

Skeletonlord
03-29-2012, 02:14 AM
On my gosh!! There have really been a lot of guides been made in the last 2 months!! Great job Skelly! This is goin to help LOTS!!

I thought I would get a good response! I hope at least a few of these ideas get taken through! Thanks for your feedback!

Kaytar
03-29-2012, 03:13 AM
I hope it's implanted skel. I knew this player he didn't speak any English whatsoever. Only French. Yes great idea

WoundedEagle
03-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Impressed. Nice job Skelly. Keep up the good work bro.

Skeletonlord
03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Impressed. Nice job Skelly. Keep up the good work bro.

Thanks wound! I spent a lot of time planning these ideas and thinking them through!

WoundedEagle
03-29-2012, 03:12 PM
You should add in the 'Search CS by Class' Idea. I'd like to see that implemented as well.

Skeletonlord
03-29-2012, 03:14 PM
You should add in the 'Search CS by Class' Idea. I'd like to see that implemented as well.

Tell you what, I will add that idea to the list just for you!

Conradin
03-29-2012, 03:29 PM
I like it skelly you've been doing great work lately! Add in player mailbox's?

Jugernugett
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
U have really great ideas skeletonlord but it seems like u make to many threads/blogs. My mobile forum apps home page is filled with ur blogs lol.
DONT QUOTE JUST SAYING

Kaytar
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
U have really great ideas skeletonlord but it seems like u make to many threads/blogs. My mobile forum apps home page is filled with ur blogs lol.
DONT QUOTE JUST SAYINGlol same here, jugernuget. At least they are well thought out and interesting to read;)

Skeletonlord
03-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I like it skelly you've been doing great work lately! Add in player mailbox's?

Mailboxes? For example, a mailbox for all players in each town and you can send and receive mail? That sounds epic!

On the talk of mailboxes, I am thinking of adding player housing as well.

-_-Legiito
03-29-2012, 03:54 PM
I agree with all these but I really like the world clock and the /remake idea.

Late
03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Great IDeas :D

NECROREAPER
03-29-2012, 06:37 PM
So are these just ideas and suggestions or something you're going to implement.

Silentarrow
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I think the title is a little misleading :).

Silentarrow
03-29-2012, 07:28 PM

I don't Think Skele works for STS, but if he did make this "Mod" that he's talking about, it'd be pretty cool.

Ardon
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Usually a beta is for an actual thing that exists. These are just ideas. Change your title to "suggestions that I think should be added"

Sent from my Gummy ICS powered Droid X

Skeletonlord
03-30-2012, 02:51 AM

Yes, Necro, these are just ideas that i would like to see implemented.

@Silentarrow, I spent about 10 mins trying to find a title to suit the thread. Im sorry if the title isnt up to scratch. if i could change it, I would.

GELLIO77
03-30-2012, 03:22 AM
maybe not class specifications, that would be for sl no? in pl you would need stat specifications like str or dex i guess cos you can have different speced classes

NECROREAPER
03-30-2012, 01:23 PM

This is in the wrong section then, you should ask the devs for a move to suggestions and feedback.

Skeletonlord
03-30-2012, 02:13 PM
This is in the wrong section then, you should ask the devs for a move to suggestions and feedback.

I was kinda pushing with the idea of posting it here because I might of gotten a better response! I will try to get it moved soon :( I liked it here!

Swimmingstar
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Few cons about google and translations though. :(

1. Google translate does not always work so something harmless like hello everyone! Could turn into something hurtful.
2. Translations if supported could take up more game space, but I guess there could be an extra download that's optional for language packs?

Silentarrow
03-30-2012, 08:25 PM

@Silentarrow, I spent about 10 mins trying to find a title to suit the thread. Im sorry if the title isnt up to scratch. if i could change it, I would.

Possibly," A few suggestions for PL" :).

Ardon
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
I was kinda pushing with the idea of posting it here because I might of gotten a better response! I will try to get it moved soon :( I liked it here!

Maybe asking a dev or a mod to change it would help.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X

Skeletonlord
03-30-2012, 11:35 PM
I've asked "Gambatte" to move it for me, and he has moved it to "PL suggestions and feedback", Now we need to tackle this title. I like silent arrows suggestion "a few suggestions for PL", but once I know for sure what the title will be, I will private message a moderator again.
I don't understand why you can edit the actual thread but not the title. Wish I could do that!